Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FenrisDDevil

Tera (Free To Play)

He is just a Wildstar casual and hates on everything not WS, dont pay attention to him :)

Not going to lie, wildstar has ruined most MMOs for me. Can never go back to tab target Mmos and trust me, I've tried. So goodbye 6 years of WoW, 2 years of FFXIV and 1 year of SWTOR. And I also can't play animation locked games either. Being rooted in place feels so restrictive

It's like playing final fantasy 7 then going back to FF 1... Just doesn't work

7d4g0V5.png

No its like saying Pizza ruined cat food for me

Wrong.  Though trying to talk sense and logic with you is worse than trying to do it with catfood.

Not going to lie, wildstar has ruined most MMOs for me. Can never go back to tab target Mmos and trust me, I've tried. So goodbye 6 years of WoW, 2 years of FFXIV and 1 year of SWTOR. And I also can't play animation locked games either. Being rooted in place feels so restrictive

It's like playing final fantasy 7 then going back to FF 1... Just doesn't work

Wildstar is tab target...

Negative. You can click on players and get their nameplates sure, but all attacks are AoE

Tab targets have AoE attacks too. That just means Wildstar is making use of more of them. 

Tab targets have AoE attacks too. That just means Wildstar is making use of more of them. 

Tab target means the game aims for you and hitting or missing your target is simply a computer RNG dice roll. Just because you can "target" a player and see his health, does not make it a tab target game.

For example, you can target in TERA too... but TERA isnt a tab target game

7d4g0V5.png

You cannot "target" in Tera, with exception to specific targeted abilities (archer and healer specifically).  You can *select*....  but it's not targeting.

Edited by rhone

Tab target means the game aims for you and hitting or missing your target is simply a computer RNG dice roll. Just because you can "target" a player and see his health, does not make it a tab target game.

For example, you can target in TERA too... but TERA isnt a tab target game

The game has a few tab target style abilities (and had many more before they changed them). Even in PvE you can still use the tab to target feature and back in beta you could actually do that in PvP as well, so the game allows it, but the devs have merely turned it off. More so than that the game has "Hit/accuracy" stats as well as block/evade type stats on gear. You can aim your WoW/FFXIV style AoE (because the skills function the same way) and still miss. You can evade the "animation" but still get hit because it's entirely based off of the ground telegraph and when that finishes casting. 

In a real action combat game like TERA, there are no hit/accuracy stats and no evasive stats on gear whatsoever. There are also no stats for elemental resistances, or physical resistances, or even CC resilience - yes if someone successfully CC's you in TERA and you fail to iframe or block it, you can effectively be chain CC'd forever with no DR. In TERA, if you aim well, you hit. At level 65 I can still be hit by level 28 mobs - of course they do next to no damage due to the high base defense I have on gear at that level, but they will hit me. There is no hit stat. If you properly i-frame an attack animation, you 100% evade all damage. If you properly time and aim a block, you reduce a set amount of damage based upon your weapon, etc. There could even be a skill that swings the Zerker across the room a bit and in Wildstar that would hit me if I was in the AoE when he finished the cast. In TERA all I need to do is move away when that swing nears me and I'm fine. This is action.

Wildstar is a game that began development as a tab target and partway through they decided to make it "feel" actiony, so they added more AoEs and a dodge that just moves you faster but doesn't actually iframe anything. But it's no different than taking a game like WoW, adding more of the same AoEs they have currently, and giving more classes meaningless movement skills and labeling them "defense". The background targeting and hit detection doesn't change unless you entirely rebuild the game. Wildstar is fake action combat with a facade that apparently fools a lot of people. But it doesn't function like a real action combat game, it's just made to feel like one. 

Edited by leiloni

The poster is confusing selecting with tab target.

The difference is you can't actually "acquire" a target in TERA. You can only aim at them. If you try to click on someone in UI mode, it brings up a menu lol, but no target.  

Edited by leiloni

Lvl 20 finally, and I just unlocked glyphs for skills. Will that be a thing in Crowfall?

Trust me, even if you're EU you should play NA. Much of the EU TERA population has been fleeing Gameforge's crapfest, so you won't be the only one. Come play on MT on NA. :) If you're worried about ping, you can ask them over at the subreddit. It's a frequent topic of conversation...

Well it's not like I am playing TERA seriously. And I have sweat to do 20 lvls, no way I am gonna do that again.

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

And I have sweat to do 20 lvls, no way I am gonna do that again.

I don't get what this means.   =\   Sorry.

After you do 20 the first time in Tera, it's easier and fast the next time.  And so on, and so on.  It gets to the point that you can do it in a day or two.  Seriously, it gets fast because you learn how to rip through the quests, how to avoid mobs, how to do bulk AoE pulls, etc.  There's an early point in the game where I got like 5 levels doing repeatable quests...  and very quickly.  (Yes it's grindy, but that's the nature of repeatable quests.  You can always forego the grindiness and just do the story quests.)

Edited by rhone