Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FenrisDDevil

Tera (Free To Play)

The characters, combat, armor... a few other things are nice... but damn.... everything else just tanks my interest in playing Tera at all.  Those ladder mechanics alone.... **shudders**

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

Are you referring to actual ladders in the game? And how your char is smart enough to climb UP ladders, but not DOWN?

Because I'm still pretty baffled by that whole thing, also.

Are you referring to actual ladders in the game? And how your char is smart enough to climb UP ladders, but not DOWN?

Because I'm still pretty baffled by that whole thing, also.

LOL... and the fact that you feel like you're climbing forever... like Jack's beanstalk or expect to find heaven at the top.  I just found it odd at how the combat was smooth .... while everything else seemed to be released rushed or incomplete.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

LOL... and the fact that you feel like you're climbing forever... like Jack's beanstalk or expect to find heaven at the top.  I just found it odd at how the combat was smooth .... while everything else seemed to be released rushed or incomplete.

Can't say I feel like things are rushed or incomplete to be honest?

Hit level 40 with my warrior on the NA RP server, every other thing I've got to fight is Elite. XD Any bored mystics hanging around?

Is it hard to solo BAMs as a warrior? I've only played sorc and just kite them while blowing things up, so I don't know how rough it would be in melee.

OJN1n7E.png

Is it hard to solo BAMs as a warrior? I've only played sorc and just kite them while blowing things up, so I don't know how rough it would be in melee.

They shouldn't be. BAMs have been severely nerfed from what they were when the game first came out. 

Those ovaloid shaped things in blightwood will be the end of my Tera career for sure, I can't quite get out of the 'slows you to death' AOE in time ... ever. LOL.

Other than that it's not terrible, just frustrating to have to wait for my health to come back between fights like that because I usually end them with maybe 25% left."Go kill 3 elites" is a slow-enough process with out the 5 minute smoore session in between, and then you get three 'kill big things' quests back to back to back, it very much makes me facepalm and wish I was some sort of caster, or buddies with one.

That being said the mobility and attention required to play Warrior makes it incredibly fun, easily my favorite class. That and the 'it's sparkly when I stab things' appeals to my 4am brain.

Those ovaloid shaped things in blightwood will be the end of my Tera career for sure, I can't quite get out of the 'slows you to death' AOE in time ... ever. LOL.

Other than that it's not terrible, just frustrating to have to wait for my health to come back between fights like that because I usually end them with maybe 25% left."Go kill 3 elites" is a slow-enough process with out the 5 minute smoore session in between, and then you get three 'kill big things' quests back to back to back, it very much makes me facepalm and wish I was some sort of caster, or buddies with one.

That being said the mobility and attention required to play Warrior makes it incredibly fun, easily my favorite class. That and the 'it's sparkly when I stab things' appeals to my 4am brain.

They do have bandages you can buy at vendors to increase your HP between fights, and mobs drop a ton of HP motes you can pick up to heal you. And of course there's always potions lol. Tons of ways to quickly and easily increase HP. Also just keep an eye on the movements of those Ovoliths so you can learn what the slow AoE looks like to move out of it. BAMs at that level don't move so fast that it should be too hard to avoid stuff. Just make sure you're not tunnel visioning. Zoom out and watch the mob as much as you're paying attention to yourself and it's easy.

You also don't have to do any of those BAM quests at all. Between story quests and other regular yellow quests, you should have more quests than you'll ever need.  I'd recommend following the red story quests and only picking up as many yellows as you need until you hit the next level range. 

Edited by leiloni

You also don't have to do any of those BAM quests at all. Between story quests and other regular yellow quests, you should have more quests than you'll ever need.  I'd recommend following the red story quests and only picking up as many yellows as you need until you hit the next level range. 

Nononononooooo you don't get it. i HAVE to do those quests. *twitch twitch* the OCD gods demand it of me.

Classes that don't get to put a lot of distance between themselves and BAM's have to be a lot more aware of the attack animations, so that they can time dodges/blocks/etc correctly and keep themselves positioned where they need to be.

I haven't progressed high enough to know better, but when I see BAM all I think is bad-arse-mother-f-ers. Is that the actual acronym?

Yes, it's Big A.ss Monster actually lol. Not even joking. They used to be a lot harder though and were originally intended as group mobs with only the really skilled able to solo them. Game has been made quite a bit easier since it first released.

Edited by leiloni

Thinking of starting a Tera guild on Celestial Hills server just for crows to gather. Not going to if nobody's interested.

Who's interested?

Considering I just installed Tera 2 days ago because you talked up the Warrior class... you now have to take responsibility for the time-sink it will become while I wait for CF.

Thinking of starting a Tera guild on Celestial Hills server just for crows to gather. Not going to if nobody's interested.

Who's interested?

Why pick a PvE server for a Crowfall guild? That's like picking a no smoking table for a group of chain smokers.

OJN1n7E.png

Why pick a PvE server for a Crowfall guild? That's like picking a no smoking table for a group of chain smokers.

Both AnotherNeko and I are Roleplayers. Celestial Hill is the Roleplay server. This is the connection.