Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wargasmo

Did Anyone Notice?

Now it may have just been for the character creation mark up, but the Frostweaver in character creation has Ambidexterity selected, as well as some other runes that look to boost physical dps. Could this be a leaked confirmation of a melee/caster promo class... One can only hope. 

*Edit* Side note, dual wielding the frost chain scythes? Yes please...

Edited by Wargasmo

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

Archery is semi confirmed.

Pic:

CF_WallpaperHD_2.jpg

And as shown I think frost will have melee because of the character create screen that was shown.

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

Im gonna go with that they just picked random ones just from that first screen without scrolling down. I highly doubt that is an SS of a viable character, or at the very least min-maxed enough to dissect the image as potential spoilers.

While those are all totally reasonable assumptions, I find it highly doubtful that the first and most iconic weapon is a melee/reach weapon that they wouldnt have a promotion class to synergize with that.

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

That's my biggest pet peeve, when a game tells you "your character is ranged!". I mean, it makes more sense with these more thematic heroes. But, at the same time, ranged versus melee is a pretty general factor. I think it's one that should provide the basis for build options within a class, not define the class itself with only one value or the other. Maybe a Frostweaver gets access to different ranged weapons and different melee weapons than other Archetypes? But, it would very much suck be restricted into the role of "You just stand far away and pew-pew people. Oh noes! Someone's coming closer to you? Your only good tactical option is to GET AWAY FROM THEM AND KEEP PEW-PEWING FROM A DISTANCE!"

Give me abilities I can use to support melee OR ranged play. Maybe I can whip up an ice wall? Cool... if I can use that from a decent range, then I can STILL use it up close to my character. Then jump over it, phase through it, etc. I don't just need lots of long-ranged pew-pew spells, then nothing but "Oh noes!" frost-nova spells and such for when the enemy gets close to me, purely to facilitate my ability to put range on them, but that are largely useless if I try to fight at close range.

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

Damn that sounds like a fun ability: Ice Walk. Walk through solid ice like it's water. Could be very tactically useful and thematically fun. Have it burn mana at first, then stamina when that runs out, then health. There would be quite a few bodies buried in ice from the careless or desperate

Copperstall

Scytheweaver, now just need a magical lantern that gives you an absorb shield.

My favorite character hah.

It would appear that they will have a prestige for that chain scythe, one for the bow (that have said that every pic is done purposefully to show things about the classes), and the lore page talks like the frostweaver has a sword...and with ambidexterity, perhaps dual wielding swords? Giving the frostweaver melee dps, mid range dps, and long range dps specializations.

"Lawful Good does not always mean Lawful Nice."

I wonder if it would be practical to have some kind of disadvantages associated with the Frostweaver using magic.

For example, the act of casting impacts the timer that moves the seasons towards winter.  (This doesn't necessarily decrease the length of the game, but the game will spend more time in the winter months)

Alternatively, if a frostweaver is casting a bunch of spells, there is a chance that a nearby MOB will transition into its "winter" form.

WAZ6Fov.png

"The cinnabar is a lie"

Well, there will be campaigns with no magic, or magic that works differently than usual.
Or so they said as an idea.
I'd guess they "weave" arrows using mana?

Well, there will be campaigns with no magic, or magic that works differently than usual.

Or so they said as an idea.

I'd guess they "weave" arrows using mana?

After the last update, I hope one of the abilities or 'combos' have a freeze target.

Either turning them into a block of ice (become invulnerable or released when attacked) or locking them in place and allowing them to fight still (3-5s freeze).

Edited by Kiro Elmarok

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

I wonder if it would be practical to have some kind of disadvantages associated with the Frostweaver using magic.

For example, the act of casting impacts the timer that moves the seasons towards winter.  (This doesn't necessarily decrease the length of the game, but the game will spend more time in the winter months)

Alternatively, if a frostweaver is casting a bunch of spells, there is a chance that a nearby MOB will transition into its "winter" form.

Think about that for a minute and take it to the logical conclusion. However you allow the frostweaver to interact/effect the world you similarly have the confessor having the opposite effect or it makes no sense. This means that if it were true that you could make it spend longer in winter, a massive guild could all roll confessors and keep the game in perpetual summer. Thus making the game so much easier to move around in till the victory condition is met.

"Lawful Good does not always mean Lawful Nice."

^ Yeah, I dunno if it'd be feasible at all, but it's still an interesting idea. :)

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.