Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tank Or Damage

thethain

What do you guys guess/want the archetype to be?

Personally I have a hard time leaning it to either or. Hopefully it will have a promotion to allow either, as its hard to imagine a giant monster not being able to hit hard or take hits.

Also anyone want to bet if they have a charge ability?

Well they'd look pretty awesome as scary damage dealers, a bit faster than Champions perhaps. Because in a lot of ways, they're kind of similar to Champions.

I'm imagining this enraged minotaur wielding two huge axes slicing through his enemies in a crazed flurry of death. (rage ability? attack faster but take more damage)

But a huge, armored minotaur, stalwart and ummoving could be pretty cool as well. So they'd almost be like this living statue. Slow, but deadly.

We'll see where it goes, the whole statistical thing in aptitudes and disciplines and archetype specific skills is completely unclear as of now, how they will differ from each other.

Edited by Osegrim

I think of mino meat from sb, mostly because it was made bu the game who made sb, it's almost sb 2 and well the idea of str based chars using two 1h  is basically wonderful.   So I am going to go with not a tanl, not damage but a bruiser style char that sits in the middle of those two.  In the sb lore they are the shock troopers of the elven overlords. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

M1 Abram's

It's a tank, but it can dish out the damage

(A hybrid seems about right, not great at either, but good at both)

Something as big as a Minotaur would be hard to bring down, and pack a punch.

Here's to hoping.

But a huge, armored minotaur, stalwart and ummoving could be pretty cool as well. So they'd almost be like this living statue. Slow, but deadly.

It's a tank, but it can dish out the damage

(A hybrid seems about right, not great at either, but good at both)

Something as big as a Minotaur would be hard to bring down, and pack a punch.

Ideally, I would go with a Tank -> Melee DPS promotion, or conversely a Melee DPS -> Tank.  The concept art shows a 2-hander though, so unless this is a version of the Evade Tank Templar, I think the archetype probably starts as Melee DPS.

Unfortunately I am pessimistic about the chances of an option for a shield due to the stated limitations of animations. 

rSHxVEY.gif

With 3 promotion classes, there should be a minotaur class that focuses more on damage, and another that focuses more on defense.

The same thing with Champion.

What should really set them apart should be the third promotion class.

Each archetype should be able to go in a different direction by picking a unique promotion class.

And some runes would be available to Minotaur that Champion cannot have and vice versa.

• Lycanthropy runes should not work for Minotaurs. They're already beastly men.
  • Thrall (carle) or Blood Horn rune should ONLY be available to Minotaurs (unless the elves have mutated and bred another race to serve them as meatshields).

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I'm anxiously awaiting more info on Minotaurs...I'm hoping for a big badass dual 2H wielding beastman archetype but then there's got to be balance....I read somewhere something about the monster classes being locked in certain ways I think the Lycanthropy and such etc etc shouldn't have any effect on them but then I'd like to see something similar where certain runes effect Minotaur & Centaurs but not the human classes!

3e1fe97e6f8cb8b5d3e53745cdedd75a67909c97

Follow Us On Twitter ~ @SerratedGuild

I think of mino meat from sb, mostly because it was made bu the game who made sb, it's almost sb 2 and well the idea of str based chars using two 1h  is basically wonderful.   So I am going to go with not a tanl, not damage but a bruiser style char that sits in the middle of those two.  In the sb lore they are the shock troopers of the elven overlords. 

Basically Choppa from WHO. Two 1-h, frontal-arc splash damage that can wear heavier armor compared to most DPS. DMG starts out small but as they do more and more it increases due to 'rage'.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I see Myrmidons as powerful creatures using large weapons unwieldy for most (even normal human two-handers in one hand), fast in charges but not very agile.  Tough in ignoring damage, but not a great tank for others as a base class.

I would like to see three promotions of:

1. Wrecker - uses a weapon far to large for any other race.  While a bit slow, these weapons destroy living creatures and can often act as siege weapons
  2. Cleaver - uses larger weapons for human-sized creatures with easy in a dual-wield style.  They are opportunists grabbing swords, maces, axes, smaller creatures and swinging them in a barrage of powerful strikes.  The Cleaver becomes a storm of powerful strikes no one wants to be nearby.
  3. Brawler - specializes in cestus and giant mailed fists combined with an array of charges and stomps.  Not very proficient in crafted weapons, they use what they can grab: rocks, chairs, logs, guiniceans, etc to batter enemies to pulp.  They often armor their hands for strong blow and they simply cannot be bothered to carry weapons.

Entropy is not what it used to be.  I am a servant of The Nothing.. The Hunger!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/c8b3da04c46297fe112a98ab12ad8e09/tumblr_n5l2imj4NF1qzm5g7o1_500.gif

Tanky dps usually goes sorta....initiator type, survives at the tip of the spear, kind of deals more burst then a tank.

Then you've sorta got the tanky support, utility either in the form of damage, or some buffs, or cc, and its up front.

Then you've got the sorta cc damage dealer, where they're not quite that tanky, but they've got some utility that allows them to reduce incoming damage.

A kind of tank, though less tanky than a guy in full armor and to make up for that a little bit more damage.

I see the myrmidon a lot like the orcs in TES, having their berserker's rage for a short time damage boost yet also being rather tanky.

A really brutal, primal approach.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

I see Myrmidons as powerful creatures using large weapons unwieldy for most (even normal human two-handers in one hand), fast in charges but not very agile.  Tough in ignoring damage, but not a great tank for others as a base class.

I would like to see three promotions of:

1. Wrecker - uses a weapon far to large for any other race.  While a bit slow, these weapons destroy living creatures and can often act as siege weapons
  2. Cleaver - uses larger weapons for human-sized creatures with easy in a dual-wield style.  They are opportunists grabbing swords, maces, axes, smaller creatures and swinging them in a barrage of powerful strikes.  The Cleaver becomes a storm of powerful strikes no one wants to be nearby.
  3. Brawler - specializes in cestus and giant mailed fists combined with an array of charges and stomps.  Not very proficient in crafted weapons, they use what they can grab: rocks, chairs, logs, guiniceans, etc to batter enemies to pulp.  They often armor their hands for strong blow and they simply cannot be bothered to carry weapons.

With Champions wielding freakishly huge weapons already, I doubt myrmidons are gonna go further than that.

As for On Topic: Damage, definitely! I would like to try and avoid getting damaged best I can while wrecking some carnage on the battlefield, tankiness is for bads.

Edited by Zushakon

Officer of The BlackHand Order

With Champions wielding freakishly huge weapons already, I doubt myrmidons are gonna go further than that.

As for On Topic: Damage, definitely! I would like to try and avoid getting damaged best I can while wrecking some carnage on the battlefield, tankiness is for bads.

I wouldn't say tankiness is automatically for bads. To use MOBA terms it gives your character initiate ability. Glass cannons often just hover around the edge of each others range, which is why melee dps almost always either have stealth, charge, durability, or some combination of them.

I would say, in comparison to say an assassin, the Minotaur would be beefier (Get it?!?!) probably have a charge attack, and do more AoE damage, while the assassin would have stealth and a bit more control abilities (a hard stun vs the Minotaur's slow/root)

I wouldn't say tankiness is automatically for bads. To use MOBA terms it gives your character initiate ability. Glass cannons often just hover around the edge of each others range, which is why melee dps almost always either have stealth, charge, durability, or some combination of them.

I would say, in comparison to say an assassin, the Minotaur would be beefier (Get it?!?!) probably have a charge attack, and do more AoE damage, while the assassin would have stealth and a bit more control abilities (a hard stun vs the Minotaur's slow/root)

Of course, I was not being entirely serious!

Officer of The BlackHand Order

Basically Choppa from WHO. Two 1-h, frontal-arc splash damage that can wear heavier armor compared to most DPS. DMG starts out small but as they do more and more it increases due to 'rage'.

I would love a similar mechanic that makes the Minotaur do progressively more DMG as it builds rage...

Choppa and slayer were fun classes IMO.