Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ictinike

Time To Gear & Time To Level?

Excuse me but trying to ask a few questions for some guild-mates and I had not the answers..

Was or has it ever been discussed the time it takes to level as well gear progression?  I understand that a L1 Archetype can be viable on any number of particular rule-sets but there has to be a maximum cap on levels, skill levels, etc and they were asking me if it's been stated.  Some games have a level grind with CF does not but an estimate where I might sit back and view my character as 'complete' and viable in most situations.

Lastly, gear progression and time to gear.  While items are going to have decay and crafting classes will work up how long for a single character, say who is an amorsmith, to progress to the higher ranks?  Certainly it depends on resource amounts but putting that all aside if you had unlimited resources and time, what would be the bare minimum of time invested to make top tier weapons and armaments?

I'm in on Amber from the start but just couldn't easily answer those questions from guild-mates.  While I have some ideas based on interviews, video's etc [Mr. Coleman speaking about a rapid turn around of gearing a player] but wanted more details if they were available.  I've also tweeted without response these same questions.

Thanks!

~Icky

kaGO5WE.png

As mentioned. Crowfall uses a passive training system after the initial 20 (subject to change) out of ~100 available skillpoints. You do not have to make 100 copper swords to level your sword making to make iron swords. You can make them to get a jump on the first 20 points, but after that you set it as a training skill and wait.

As for time, reaching 100% in one skill was listed as about a month.

I would also mention that your character may not EVER be viable in every situation. Depending on how they are built you could have a character that excels in one area and maybe is pretty good at something similar but sucks elsewhere. Also, they are letting you screw up, so you could have a fully leveled character that actually isn't really great at anything and only good at some things.The level curve is fairly shallow so the biggest increase in viability will be your skill as a player increasing.

As people have mentioned, if I can do math you could have three maxed skills (100%) in two months if you just focus on those three, however professions and disciplines may allow you to go up to like 165% or something like that.

You cannot "max" 11 skills in 6 months unless your average skill cap is no higher than 100. It takes 1 month of primary queue time to bring a skill to 100, but your important skills will be capped higher than that (probably in the 150-200 range for your primary skills) and will take more like 2-3 months of queue time to cap.

On the other hand, I don't think 11 skills are going to be needed for a core build. One armor type, one or two weapons, one or two defensive skills, and 3 discipline skills- that's 7ish skills and a reasonably complete character if the model looks anything like Shadowbane's, which seems like a reasonable guess.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I would also mention that your character may not EVER be viable in every situation. Depending on how they are built you could have a character that excels in one area and maybe is pretty good at something similar but sucks elsewhere. Also, they are letting you screw up, so you could have a fully leveled character that actually isn't really great at anything and only good at some things.The level curve is fairly shallow so the biggest increase in viability will be your skill as a player increasing.

As people have mentioned, if I can do math you could have three maxed skills (100%) in two months if you just focus on those three, however professions and disciplines may allow you to go up to like 165% or something like that.

I think there's an interview on Youtube where Gordon Walton said that you can max a skill at 175% if you're REALLY good at creating an in-depth, skilled character.

Can we have a Bard? If not as an Archetype or Promotion, then maybe a Discipline?

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

I think there's an interview on Youtube where Gordon Walton said that you can max a skill at 175% if you're REALLY good at creating an in-depth, skilled character.

yep, he was giving an example, so dont take his word as fact when it comes to CF.

Also what he was describing was max lvl of a skill if you put every discipline and runes into that one skill. Usually you want to average out a bit so you have a better overall char.

Edited by zinnie

yep, he was giving an example, so dont take his word as fact when it comes to CF.

Also what he was describing was max lvl of a skill if you put every discipline and runes into that one skill. Usually you want to average out a bit so you have a better overall char.

Oh no, I agree with you, I was just using it as an example. Besides, I don't think you can have repeat disciplines (NOT CONFIRMED, just going on a hunch here), so no matter what you will probably have three very different disciplines (or they could work together well like a crafter/gatherer combo, but not with the same skill advancement).

Can we have a Bard? If not as an Archetype or Promotion, then maybe a Discipline?

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg