Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rofl Pillars Of Eternity Transgender Scandal

rajah

Yeah, all kinds of people.  Like for instance this made a lot of people angry, never mind that it was kind of a dull joke:

Sock: How many gamergaters does it take to make a single piece of armor?

Schafer: Oh, god, I don’t know.

Sock: Fifty. One to do the modeling, one to do the materials, and forty-eight to tweet that it’s not your shield.

=============

Regardless, I don't see this thread as anything other than trying to get a negative reaction out of people. :/

The game is pretty awesome. I'm really loving it so far.

And the whole trans/pro-trans or whole LBGTQ community seems a bit on edge lately. I understand their pleas, but it's one thing to be offended and making a stand on something, and another thing entirely to then dismiss or start insulting the company or people who support it. It's just responding to perceived hate with even more hate.

It's much easier to hate than forgive... because not everyone completely understands and I think that community should be open to that as well. It's almost as if you should always walk on your toes and not make any jokes anymore, because you might offend somebody. That's not very healthy, IMHO.

/rant

edit- wait, is this topic allowed on this forum however? I guess in one light it could be seen as degrading or vilifying a sexual identity. Or at least, open up to doing so. Ah well...

Edited by Osegrim

Regardless, I don't see this thread as anything other than trying to get a negative reaction out of people. :/

You are obviously one of those easily offended people if this thread invoked in you any kind of negative reaction. Purpose of the thread is:

a.) share the news

b.) discuss the game

You are obviously one of those easily offended people if this thread invoked in you any kind of negative reaction. Purpose of the thread is:

a.) share the news

b.) discuss the game

I'm actually not offended.  I'm quite neutral.  But you're not discussing the game, you're discussing the controversy (with an Rofl in the title no less), and  you're an idiot if you think people will believe otherwise.

Edited by seventhbeacon

http://www.themarysue.com/pillars-of-eternity-transphobia/

I wonder if its a marketing move. The game actually looks old-shool awesome, I think I will buy it on the weekend.

Wasn't a marketing move so much as a very overused joke. "Slept with a girl who turned out to be a guy." Themarysue exists to be offended. A throw away one liner in a game with thousands of lines of dialog is basically meaningless. They might edit the joke out in a patch. But I don't think much will come from this.

I'm actually not offended. I'm quite neutral. But you're not discussing the game, you're discussing the controversy (with an Rofl in the title no less), and you're an idiot if you think people will believe otherwise.

So if I am discussing the game or the news related to it I can not use "rofl" in the title ? Go seek help, you need it.

Edited by rajah

/shrug

Good luck with that whole justification thing.

Good luck with acquiring some sense. You just got offended by the thread about somebody else being offended by a game, I am not sure whether that ever happened before or not. Edited by rajah

Good luck with acquiring some sense. You just got offended by the thread about somebody else being offended by a game, I am not sure whether that ever happened before or not.

Like, I said, I'm not offended.  I stopped in to point out that your whole point of this thread was to gin up controversy.

THAT'S offensive? So someone bamboozles another human being and the person who got bamboozled (coz god knows if I say victim I'm banned and hunted down irl) ran off a cliff. So a re-telling of a narrative makes people offended?

There were a lot of transgenders (using the word lightly because they were men who didn't put up much effort to dress up as women as they were more like homosexuals in drag since they used nerf balls for boobs...) in Guam. We just called them Transformers. Because they had more than meets the eye. Decepticons, specifically.

I'm not surprised by people's sensitivity. I hope transgenders get equal rights all around. Because I personally can't wait for the next social injustice after that one. I can't wait for the internet to tell me what I should care about next.

If I saw that I wouldn't have given it a second thought. Some people want the world censored. This is why we can't have nice things. 

I am offended by people who are always offended!!

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg