Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
20kilo

Pre Alpha Have Nda Too?

Wondering if we will see footages of pre alpha soon, if there is no NDA too very soon we can see some people testing it :D

I'm pretty sure anything before alpha 1 will stay behind closed doors to the public. Once alpha 1 is released, then a lot of people will make videos.

Also ACE staff have confirmed there will never be a NDA.

I am glad with the no NDA arrangement. To me it signals that Artcraft doesn't have their head up their.. err in the clouds in regards to what is going to happen. A legalese NDA with a group of people who are not employees is basically worthless. It will be violated and you won't catch all (or even most) of the violations. Just a method to punish a few unlucky violators.

No NDA at any phase of testing. 

I'm not saying that's incorrect... I'm saying that SEEMS incorrect.

NDA's are usually drafted before any true work/hiring/testing even comes in to play and are obviously commonplace in any industry where anyone is designing a unique product. I have a REALLY hard time believing that there will be no NDA in place for testers... especially Alpha. They're leaving themselves wide open.

This is a great sign.. Shows you have confidence in your product

Actually, it implies the opposite. If you have a product worth a damn, most people and corporations rightly want to protect it.

Again, before the fanbois attack, I'm speaking as someone who is in the metals prototype manufacturing industry, not as a gaming industry attorney :)

No NDA does not mean a part of the game is ready to show off.  Streaming, time-lapse videos, etc take time away from actually working the product.  While I too am chomping at the bit, I can wait for some reveals.

However, I think ACE should take a queue from Wildstar during alpha/beta, and that was Wildstar Wednesdays.  Like the game or not, information was released on every Wednesday.  Some was fluff pieces, some was hardcore game mechanics, much of it fell in-between.

At this point snippets of items in progress would be very juicy... screens shots of art, animation clips, etc.  But as I said earlier, the more they have to put together for us, the less time they have for other things.

Edited by Doomgrin

Entropy is not what it used to be.  I am a servant of The Nothing.. The Hunger!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/c8b3da04c46297fe112a98ab12ad8e09/tumblr_n5l2imj4NF1qzm5g7o1_500.gif

No NDA pre-alpha and Youtube hasn't flood already?

Must be searching wrong then.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

Don't think anyone outside of the ACE has played the game yet. Maybe a focus group if they do that. But pretty sure the NDA being spoke of is talking about the Alphas/Betas players will be involved in.

Don't think anyone outside of the ACE has played the game yet. Maybe a focus group if they do that. But pretty sure the NDA being spoke of is talking about the Alphas/Betas players will be involved in.

Well, the expensive package, forgot it's name, has pre-alpha access.

Though I doubt many people have it, I assume atleast a few do.

Just guessing here so I might be completely wrong.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

Pre-alpha is internal, you do not tend to see employees talking too much about unfinished items

Entropy is not what it used to be.  I am a servant of The Nothing.. The Hunger!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/c8b3da04c46297fe112a98ab12ad8e09/tumblr_n5l2imj4NF1qzm5g7o1_500.gif

Pre-alpha is internal, you do not tend to see employees talking too much about unfinished items

Ah I see.

I thought players outside of the company could also test these, my bad.

Thank you for making that clear, good sir.

A solid quote, I'd say.