Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eonwe

Ban On The Forums = Ban In Game

While I don't disagree with the given arguments by the staff, without guidelines that players can see for banning, people are going to instinctively get suspicious when player A gets banned, but player B doesn't for what we can only see as the same pattern of behavior.

rR6eI3A.png

Typical. Nothing to back it up huh?

Wait are we talking about how you claimed strict forum moderation ruins pvp games?  Cause I am still waiting for you to back that one up. 

Looks like I stirred the pot.

nah...don't flatter yourself....

as for some clarity that was Requested. ....for that you have to wait for Pann...

I will say quite clearly the among the Mods ourselves we peer review and get opinions when needed as well as always being completely transparent to Dev review at all times...

of course that's after the blood sacrifice and before we strap on the goat leggings....

but I digress

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Wait are we talking about how you claimed strict forum moderation ruins pvp games?  Cause I am still waiting for you to back that one up. 

That's fine Nasili, I don't need to.

How many forum accounts do you actually run sheen? Can you be honest just once!

Edited by ozzie mozzie

288mqgz.png

That's fine Nasili, I don't need to.

How many forum accounts do you actually run sheen? Can you be honest just once!

I run 1 forum account, you?

All you have to do is not be rude. It's not hard, especially when you have an open warning. I, for one, am happy about this policy. MMO players are generally toxic and petulant, especially when there is PvP involved. I am a fan of any effort developers take to address this directly instead of acting like the situation doesn't exist.

All you have to do is not be rude. It's not hard, especially when you have an open warning. I, for one, am happy about this policy. MMO players are generally toxic and petulant, especially when there is PvP involved. I am a fan of any effort developers take to address this directly instead of acting like the situation doesn't exist.

The problem is that what some super sensitive considers rude would be normal trash talk to someone else.

7ug90hM.png

You got something on your nose.

Also, nice generalizing pajuo.

The problem is that what some super sensitive considers rude would be normal trash talk to someone else.

Fair enough. What is "normal trash talk," then? Is it impersonal or can it be directly hurtful? Is the range of what that can possibly be make arbitration so problematic that it's a better idea to err on the side of decency and go from there?

Fair enough. What is "normal trash talk," then? Is it impersonal or can it be directly hurtful? Is the range of what that can possibly be make arbitration so problematic that it's a better idea to err on the side of decency and go from there?

I don't know. Just earlier in this thread, someone was showing that he got banned for calling someone an idiot. That should never happen, in my opinion.

I'm fine with no racism/sexism/etc. That's standard for the majority of games, but when you can't even call someone an idiot because of a "no personal attacks" rule, then the game/forum turns into some extreme crybaby hugbox.

7ug90hM.png

I don't know. Just earlier in this thread, someone was showing that he got banned for calling someone an idiot. That should never happen, in my opinion.

I'm fine with no racism/sexism/etc. That's standard for the majority of games, but when you can't even call someone an idiot because of a "no personal attacks" rule, then the game/forum turns into some extreme crybaby hugbox.

None of that matters in a game where player skill matters.  The play will speak for itself. 

None of that matters in a game where player skill matters.  The play will speak for itself. 

Yes, let's just make everyone unable to speak in-game while we're at it because "the play will speak for itself".

7ug90hM.png

You got something on your nose.

Also, nice generalizing pajuo.

To be fair, we are all generalizing here because that's inevitable in a medium that involves hundreds of thousands of people. THAT'S what the developer has to do as well. 

However, I will give you the brown-nosing reference. I just happen to be on board with them on this issue. My bad.