Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eonwe

Ban On The Forums = Ban In Game

The forum moderation is already strong although I don't get it sometimes even they seem to mess around but then go and enforce silly things and add more filters...In a PvP environment this type of over excessive moderation ultimately will drain all guild/player rivalries and potential future awesome forum stories. In the end this game is going to be intended for mature audiences and we are all big boys and girls people need to stop getting so butt-hurt all the time and man up that include you too mods :ph34r:  .

In the end all this will do is deter people away from your site and traffic will be going into a specific dedicated forum effectively making the game seem bad and dead. Guild Wars 2 took this gummy bear SS style forum approach and the only thing you really ever see on the official World vs World forums sections are people asking why such and such bug is still in the game. While the Community run forums receive more traffic that didn't need to exist if it wasn't so anal.

Also most people will probably make a different forum account to post on so being this uptight in regards to moderation etc ends up all in vain. This ain't Pirate 101 or wizard  101, time to move away from the family friendly and get into bottom kicking eve online epic forum warfare story mode.

P.S Don't ban me :D lol

Edited by Bionics

Wow, I've been really lucky it seems.. Calling people out for their idiocy is ban worthy and could lead to my game account getting banned? Seems I really should get a second forum account or take my posting elsewhere. :/

The west has set jihad on people who cause other people feelings, especially "bad feelings". Holding hands and caressing each others egos is now routine. Don't like it then behead ban the infidels.

Semantics: A game the whole family can play! 

Dumb, but true. You all seem like reasonably intelligent people to me (maybe some more than others -- I kid, I kid!) and I flatly refuse to believe that any of you don't recognize the difference between saying someone is an idiot vs. someone has idiotic ideas. And, to be even more honest, that's kind of a lame example. If that's the worst insult that ever gets volleyed around here, I will be elated. 

Obviously, there's a lot to think about. I'm barely halfway through my second week. I will feel comfortable speaking addressing the specific points raised in this thread after Gordon and I have had more time to discuss them.  

You know who frequently has idiotic ideas? An idiot.