Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Never Played Wildstar Or Tera....

They say combat style Is going to be similar to these games so i thought i might try one of them...

Is one better than the other? does anyone have any experience with these games and want to enlighten/advise?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TERA is F2P. Try it out.

It's a very weird UI but I think there's a trainer near where you dinged lvl 2... You learn from the trainer then open up a skill menu and put it on your hotbar.   The running around for quests was

There's one at the first "hub" (Tower Base) in the game.   I'm actually not sure how you missed it...  I'm pretty sure the trainer has quests for you too. (Tactics Instructor is marked on the map

They say combat style Is going to be similar to these games so i thought i might try one of them...

Is one better than the other? does anyone have any experience with these games and want to enlighten/advise?

Wildstar is a far better game and has a free trial. Play them both and decide for yourself Edited by Evade2015

7d4g0V5.png

Wildstar is a far better game and has a free trial. Play them both and decide for yourself

This is an opinion. Many others on this forum would argue this opposite. But yes they can both be played for free (Wildstar only to a certain extent) so feel free to give them a try. From what we've heard so far it seems that Tera would be a closer representation of what the combat in Crowfall will feel like, but nothing is set in stone yet.

This is an opinion. Many others on this forum would argue this opposite. But yes they can both be played for free (Wildstar only to a certain extent) so feel free to give them a try. From what we've heard so far it seems that Tera would be a closer representation of what the combat in Crowfall will feel like, but nothing is set in stone yet.

if you're talking combat it's debatable. If we are talking overall, from the level grind, the questing, the end game, the housing... Then wildstar is far better of a game.

TERA is Korean and its style is meant for a Korean audience.

OP please try them both and let us know which you think is better

Edited by Evade2015

7d4g0V5.png

With Tera, you'll have to play to mid 30's, I'd assume.  there was a video posted by Tully about Tera combat.

Wildstar was awesome for combat. but there were other things that left me uninterested in the game.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

OP, please ignore Evade or ask him to return full time to Wildstar.

Try both, I think they both suck. They are PvE themeparks though...

I already am full time wildstar. Nothing else to do till CF comes out

7d4g0V5.png

Wildstar is pretty much an evolved WoW clone so it you like that game, you'd like Wildstar. On the other hand Tera is much more like the old school MMOs being somewhat grindy but with much better combat.

I wanted to do this during the afternoon, the download started and estimated time was : 8 hours. 

**** this.  :P

Hah. I had same thing happen. I closed it out of frustration, but it only lowered to the system tray and kept downloading.

Then I got to play it the next day!  :P

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

I've been playing Tera.
It's pretty. It's free. Some other folks play it.

It's a game that, at it's core, was designed to be played in 2 hour a day increments. I'm sure if I actually did that instead of six hour stints on my days off I'd hate the grindyness a little less, but if all I'm supposed to get out of this is exposure to physics based combat then free and pretty is great.

Download time is pretty hefty though, be ready with something else to do while it's sets up. Like sleep XD

Tera takes a while to download and patch.  Part of the poor coding.  8 hours seems excessive though...  but if it *is* first time I guess it makes sense.