Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
inflames21

How Flexible Is Unity 5?

Curious about exactly how flexible the unity 5 engine is.

Armor and weapons and abilities and spells etc easy to add into the engine or does it take longer than a normal game engine to add it all in ?

It is a normal game engine. All the major engines are designed around flexibility. They are jack-of-all-trades.

ncLez59.png

Were you going for "Heresy" as in "this thing I heard is heretical" or "Hearsay" as in "this is just something I heard"?

In this case both.

Saying "you won't be able to support large scale battles with the choice of your engine" is rather heretical here.

Also, I am not an Unity integrator/developer for my day job, so what I think could be true, and what IS true can be two different things.

Still, I think unmodified Unity5 will have issue with large-scale battles, for different technical reasons than GW2, but similar symbtoms - ghost armies and severe load lag.

I am sure ART considered this and already have a perfectly good work-around. Unlike GW2 that shipped with unplayable PvP due to ghosting. That was just awful and unforgivable blunder.

Edited by Sinij

This will be the next big theory that will need to be proven/disproven.

Right now this is what the naysayers have latched onto about this game.

Im sure that this has been looked at by the team, but addressing engine choice with the general public, and why you think it will work with large scale battles might help with some of the arm chair developers spreading their negative opinions about the game itself.

Rage Quit

In this case both.

Saying "you won't be able to support large scale battles with the choice of your engine" is rather heretical here.

Also, I am not an Unity integrator/developer for my day job, so what I think could be true, and what IS true can be two different things.

Still, I think unmodified Unity5 will have issue with large-scale battles, for different technical reasons than GW2, but similar symbtoms - ghost armies and severe load lag.

I am sure ART considered this and already have a perfectly good work-around. Unlike GW2 that shipped with unplayable PvP due to ghosting. That was just awful and unforgivable blunder.

A lot of this really depends on the back-end, which as stated in yesterday's announcement is a custom product.

ncLez59.png

I used it for myself a little bit and I have to say it's well made and very "flexible" ^^.

You can check it out for yourself, it's free for non commercial private usage.

There are a lot of tutorials and premade things, so a start is very easy.

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC