Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Free Wildstar Trial While Waiting For Crowfall

evade2015

From Coates

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/124486-wildstar-i-like-you/#entry1298564

I like Wildstar too, and two weeks ago, I'd never even heard of it.

I've been a WoW player since vanilla, took a break through MoP, and came back with WoD last fall after I finally got a new computer. Going through MoP and WoD was enjoyable, but I got bored again relatively quick. Tired of the whole "medieval" thing, wishing for something different. I played Anarchy Online for a while several years ago and loved the sci-fi setting, but that game never held my attention, I just played the free version.

Then on BlizzWatch the other day, someone in the comments mentioned this "failed" game called Wildstar that was created by some former Blizzard people.I read up on it online, looked over the game, and it all looked awesome to me. Not sure how I managed not to come across it before.

Long story short: I did the trial for two days, bought the game, subbed, unsubbed from WoW, and I've been playing like a maniac ever since. This is the first time I've EVER subbed to a game other than WoW.

So far I've got Emmaline, my human Exile spellslinger, up to level 16 and I'm having a blast. Now if I can stumble on a decent social guild that'll take a filthy casual who isn't into running dungeons/raids or pvp, I'll be set.

Also as a side note: Thank you to all the positive people posting on the forums here. You're being heard by potential players like me.

Edited by Evade2015

7d4g0V5.png

Thanks for posting it here.

Now I'll finally be able to try the famed 'Wildstar.'

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

Thanks for posting it here.

Now I'll finally be able to try the famed 'Wildstar.'

Couple tips to make your experience most enjoyable

1. go to server Entity

2. activate hold to cast in your combat menu, press escape>combat>input options> hold to cast

3. join the global channels

- exile side: /chjoin lfg

- dom side: /chjoin entitylfm

to talk write /1, ask anything there the community is very welcoming

Edited by Evade2015

7d4g0V5.png

i tried and didn't like geometry wars I mean Wildstar.  

Riiight.

You do know telegraphs = Animations right?

Only difference is Animations will require super computers for any fight above 5 vs 5

Edited by Evade2015

7d4g0V5.png

Since this is posted on CF and most people prefer PvP over PvE, I don't get the recommendation to start on the PvE server.  

Although, not sure if they'll ever fix all of the issues we had with WS that forced most to abandon it.  For example, that telegraph system, it's HIGHLY inaccurate and has nothing to do with the player's PC.  It's very noticeable when dueling.  Both players will see the telegraphs in completely different locations, which will cause CC and dodges ... and most slower attacks to miss.  It was pretty horrible.

Everything in WS was calculated based on the end point of the animation, which means that abilities with longer animations had a lag in calculations.  This affected some character classes with fancy animations.

There were many, many issues that caused so many to leave WS in frustration for an MMO that had an amazing opportunity to provide some really nice PvP experiences.

But, if you just play WS for the PvE content, then a PvE server makes sense and you'll enjoy all of the humor within the content.  I wouldn't expect much more beyond that.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

Only difference is Animations will require super computers for any fight above 5 vs 5

xd

we had fights above 250vs250 people in DF with a 10 year old engine made by 2 unknown guys and tons of animations all around.

if you enjoy being the clown of this forum, keep going you're doing just fine

y9tj8G5.png

Riiight.

You do know telegraphs = Animations right?

Not at all. Also I'm pretty sure this has been discussed and disproven in videos already on this forum. The damage is done based on the telegraph. The animation is just fluff and doesn't even need to be there. It's entirely based on the ground projection and where it is when the cast bar is over.

Not at all. Also I'm pretty sure this has been discussed and disproven in videos already on this forum. The damage is done based on the telegraph. The animation is just fluff and doesn't even need to be there. It's entirely based on the ground projection and where it is when the cast bar is over.

Just as long as the calculations are accurate to the telegraph image.  It is possible for the 2 to get out-of-sync... which was the problem in WS.  The server calculated the damage of the telegraph location differently from what the player saw visually and any lag between the 2 had random and unpleasant results. So, it's vital for CF to have telegraph accuracy ... Player 1 <-> Server <-> Player 2

Since this is posted on CF and most people prefer PvP over PvE, I don't get the recommendation to start on the PvE server.

Although, not sure if they'll ever fix all of the issues we had with WS that forced most to abandon it. For example, that telegraph system, it's HIGHLY inaccurate and has nothing to do with the player's PC. It's very noticeable when dueling. Both players will see the telegraphs in completely different locations, which will cause CC and dodges ... and most slower attacks to miss. It was pretty horrible.

Everything in WS was calculated based on the end point of the animation, which means that abilities with longer animations had a lag in calculations. This affected some character classes with fancy animations.

There were many, many issues that caused so many to leave WS in frustration for an MMO that had an amazing opportunity to provide some really nice PvP experiences.

But, if you just play WS for the PvE content, then a PvE server makes sense and you'll enjoy all of the humor within the content. I wouldn't expect much more beyond that.

It's called lag and wildstar (or CF) has no control over your crappy ISP

Your issue will be with all non tab target games. Since CF won't be tab target, I'm afraid you're going to be equally frustrated

7d4g0V5.png

xd

we had fights above 250vs250 people in DF with a 10 year old engine made by 2 unknown guys and tons of animations all around.

if you enjoy being the clown of this forum, keep going you're doing just fine

DF animations.... Lol. Everquest in 1998 had higher quality animations.

7d4g0V5.png

Your issue will be with all non tab target games. Since CF won't be tab target, I'm afraid you're going to be equally frustrated

Or maybe the servers will get hammered at launch like with every MMO and then the game will get a bunch of bad word-of-mouth because the lag totally wrecks the gameplay experience.

Making a fun combat experience that is resistant to inevitable technology failures is much more challenging than making an action combat system that break the moment your players creep above 50 ping.

Edited by vontre

Or maybe the servers will get hammered at launch like with every MMO and then the game will get a bunch of bad word-of-mouth because the lag totally wrecks the gameplay experience.

Making a fun combat experience that is resistant to inevitable technology failures is much more challenging than making an action combat system that break the moment your players creep above 50 ping.

I expect the first week or two to have some pretty bad ping.

Almost any MMO that ever launched has had it.

I just hope they can fix it soon enough that people won't be spreading their bad worth of mouth too much.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

It has absolutely nothing to do with connection latency.  You can have a 60+ FPS and 20 ms latency in WS and still have issues.  It's a flaw in their coding, which is not factoring in natural latency between the 3 accurately.

I expect the first week or two to have some pretty bad ping.

Almost any MMO that ever launched has had it.

I just hope they can fix it soon enough that people won't be spreading their bad worth of mouth too much.

Exactly what happened to Wildstar and as evidenced by the other poster, people are still insulted over it. Now not only does WS need to continue to improve their game, they need to fight against all the anger and misinformation out there. Same thing will happen to Crowfall

This exact same thing happened to WoW at launch. Actually it was much worse. But back in 2004 there was such little competition people had no choice but to stick it out and what they eventually got was a masterpiece

Edited by Evade2015

7d4g0V5.png

Exactly what happened to Wildstar and as evidenced by the other poster, people are still insulted over it.

This exact same thing happened to WoW at launch. Actually it was much worse. But back in 2004 there was such little competition people had no choice but to stick it out and what they eventually got was a masterpiece

I think people should just expect it at this point.

No amount of beta and alpha testing will completely shut out a possible server overflow.

Plus, it has happened to so many games in the past and, as you say with WoW, after the waiting people got a gem.

A solid quote, I'd say.

Beta'd Wildstar pretty extensively but did not buy the game when it launched.   BTW it launched months ago.

I'm hoping they've fixed a bit of the issues they had back then.  I liked the cwazy art style and the telegraphed combat actually was fun when it was WAI.

The balance was off in the game.  The telegraph system was seriously wonky and while the concept is great the reality of being in the middle of 5 mobs all with different telegraph patterns and half of them holding you in place with differently timed stuns got old after a while.  Nothing like starting a PVE fight and realizing 3 seconds in that not only can you not kill anything (even though you could if you look at the numbers) but you have to wait there for 15 seconds while they all run through their stuns and patterns and then you can finally fall to the ground dead without firing a shot.

Endgame was goofy with so many gates and grinds just to get into the raids that getting together a group to do a run was pretty tough.  On top of it there were mechanics like "if one of your party dies then you lose" types of things and it became unfun to raid.  Again, a matter of balance.

Like CF is all about PvP  - Wildstar was supposed to be all about endgame raiding.  Because of that leveling was pretty much kill x of y, move to new quest hub, lather rinse repeat. They had some great ideas for additional skills you could add to your class but overall I found the art style to be the best part of the game.  The housing was hook based outside and pretty flexible inside. 

I hope they've changed a lot in the game.  I'm going to go check it out if only to see how they've balanced things out. It had huge potential - maybe they have done some work on it so it's fun.

4769ad29-0ccf-446f-ab2b-3e5acf7f60b5.jpg

Oridi has a lot of different looks.

Edited by Oridi

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

It has absolutely nothing to do with connection latency. You can have a 60+ FPS and 20 ms latency in WS and still have issues. It's a flaw in their coding, which is not factoring in natural latency between the 3 accurately.

Nope, it's entirely to do with your lag. Let me guess, Australian right?

7d4g0V5.png