Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bronko

April Fools' Day Over.. Slayer Confirmed?

No info on it yet, or so it seems.

Am wondering what this guy's going to be all about.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

Confirmed to be April's fool. I'm surprised so many legitimately fell for it, so I guess it's a very succesful April's fool at that too, lol. 

They removed the Slayer page and Pann basically confirmed it in another thread. 

What's a 1000 minus 7? 

Confirmed to be April's fool. I'm surprised so many legitimately fell for it, so I guess it's a very succesful April's fool at that too, lol. 

They removed the Slayer page and Pann basically confirmed it in another thread. 

People was not fooled until after aprils 1st had ended and the page was still up.

And the fact that they made an announcement yesterday that was not an aprils fools joke.

People was not fooled until after aprils 1st had ended and the page was still up.

And the fact that they made an announcement yesterday that was not an aprils fools joke.

A lot of people second guessing themselves pretty much. I don't think anyone 100% believed it to be true as it was April's fool, but it was actually a very believable one. 

What's a 1000 minus 7? 

A lot of people second guessing themselves pretty much. I don't think anyone 100% believed it to be true as it was April's fool, but it was actually a very believable one. 

We all knew (or most of us did anyway!) it was April 1.  However Slayer is a very creative and unusual Archetype, more so than yet another Human who only happens to have different weapons and costuming.  I think that is what is resonating with people.

Centaur.  Elkin. Fae. Mino. Duelist. Slayer. This is where the excitement is being created.

Edited by ren

rSHxVEY.gif

Pretty one sided to think that there was a huge positive respons to this.

The only ones that said anything, was the people that thought it was "Kewl".

The rest of us knew it was an april first joke and or just thought it was pretty silly.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Well even though the Slayer happened to be a true April fools joke, this is what we got within the latest Kickstarter Update. A sweet petition to make him reality!

Would be fun to see it actually happening, fingers crossed for more class diversity~

• The Guineacean Slayer
    Some fans were so crushed to learn that the Guinecean Slayer we announced earlier this week was a joke for April Fool’s Day that they've started a petition to have him added to the game!  

The characteristic trait of the Guinecean is being small, weak, and often the poor guy who gets taken down in the end (Due to his admirable loyalty and bravery).  While the Guinecean Slayer is a cute joke on the small assassin, making the Guinecean a dangerous melee combatant does a heavy injustice to it's narrative.  For the sake of clarification, I interpreted the Duelist's narrative to apply to the entirety of the Guinecean race.

What attracts me to the Guinecean race is their charm, nimbleness, artistic culture, and taunt potential.  The slayer ignores this unique combination.

I picture Guineceans dying left and right (The brave ones anyway).  I hope I never see one slay a guy bigger than him highhandedly, because that misses the point of adding these guys in the first place.  If you want brawn and strength, roll Giant or Minotaur.  If you want mobile assassins, the Fae make a career out of it.  If you want your specialty to be plain kill people unnoticed, you've got the Elken Stalker.  If you want to be the stereotypical weak and snobby merchant that can run away on demand, the Guinecean fits like a glove.

That is why I am so aggressive against the possibility of this newcomer.  *hiss*

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

The characteristic trait of the Guinecean is being small, weak, and often the poor guy who gets taken down in the end (Due to his admirable loyalty and bravery).  While the Guinecean Slayer is a cute joke on the small assassin, making the Guinecean a dangerous melee combatant does a heavy injustice to it's narrative.  For the sake of clarification, I interpreted the Duelist's narrative to apply to the entirety of the Guinecean race.

What attracts me to the Guinecean race is their charm, nimbleness, artistic culture, and taunt potential.  The slayer ignores this unique combination.

I picture Guineceans dying left and right (The brave ones anyway).  I hope I never see one slay a guy bigger than him highhandedly, because that misses the point of adding these guys in the first place.  If you want brawn and strength, roll Giant or Minotaur.  If you want mobile assassins, the Fae make a career out of it.  If you want your specialty to be plain kill people unnoticed, you've got the Elken Stalker.  If you want to be the stereotypical weak and snobby merchant that can run away on demand, the Guinecean fits like a glove.

That is why I am so aggressive against the possibility of this newcomer.  *hiss*

I like the way you clarifying your position and can understand where it's coming from. It's actually changing the way I look at the slayer in this regard.

Guess you kind of taken my point and converted me there... I don't know what to vote for anymore.

Well played, Sir.

Edited by Zola

I think the Guinecean Slayer would be the perfect statement to never judge a book by its cover

It would oppose the stereotypical thinking of "big guy always beats small guy" in close combat

David CAN win against Goliath if he maximizes its strengths and exploits his opponents weaknesses

Should be one of the more difficult classes to play, very swift and agile, cute but deadly

I can understand that people oppose this idea, imagine a proud hardcore pvper getting ganked by a crew of mean rescue rangers?

The humiliation would be unbearable

I can understand that people oppose this idea, imagine a proud hardcore pvper getting ganked by a crew of mean rescue rangers?

The humiliation would be unbearable

Yes, this must be the reason for not liking it

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015