Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

that only certain mods lock threads?

I saw 2 mods visit a popular thread last night and they left it alone, even when it took a twist.

Then another comes along and locks it. 

This is exactly why that thread was there! The mods are not on the same page. We want answers. As it seems, we are expected to follow imaginary rules.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for the record, I have no sense of humor when it comes to people intentionally provoking the volunteer moderators. I will not hesitate to drop the ban hammer if it continues. Do not invoke The Le

I love forum drama, I really do. But asking to replace player mods with paid ones is so ridiculous. You WANT a mod to be on your side of the fence. They are the liaison between players and developers.

Maybe they talk to each other after they read it before slamming the lock button? But it's probably a conspiracy. We should riot.

maybe they posted and was active in the thread, so they don't want to seem bias when it needs to be locked?

Seriously though is today National fight the power day or something? This is like the third or fourth thread  today questioning mods, the devs ban powers and such.

Edited by pang

I've worked as a member of a team of "babysitters" for several years and I believe this happens for many reasons. One is a lot of things are subjective and there is no black and white rule book to follow. Sometimes a team can decide something and one can be "the bad guy." Sometimes one member sees another maybe getting a little to involved themselves and has to step in.

No clue how the mods/devs communicate, but I'd hope there is some going on behind the scenes. Be it, calling each other out, running things up the chain of command, asking for advice, or passing decision making on to another.

I'd also assume that every dev/mod isn't hitting F5 all day long, despite them poking their heads into a thread here and there. Maybe one posts and then the thread derails and another comes and cleans it up.

While I believe we'd all appreciate rules detailed a bit more as many like to walk up to the edge and look over, in the meantime or just as rule of thumb, thinking before we post and asking ourselves if what we are about to send out into the world is adding something constructive to the conversation and not just emotion plus keyboard.

Edited by Allein

I understand that once a Mod posts ( as a player ) in a thread they remove themselves from Mod powers on that thread.  I could be wrong, of course.   But that is the way I understood it.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I understand that once a Mod posts ( as a player ) in a thread they remove themselves from Mod powers on that thread. I could be wrong, of course. But that is the way I understood it.

I find this really interesting, would like to hear if it's the case.

Maybe the third moderator saw no reason in leaving the thread open while the former two were more like "eh? Why not see where it will go?"

Just speculation, but I can imagine people thinking this way.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

That is exactly part of the issue. You can not just decide to mod when it suits you. You either do it or you do not. 

You can look at it in that way, though I doubt it is really so black and white most of the time.

Sometimes a person can still see a glimmer of hope in a discussion while another just thinks it has died.

It's really hard to put such rules on paper.

I dare you to try it.

Try and formulate a rule that states when a thread has lost it's value as a discussable manner.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

maybe they posted and was active in the thread, so they don't want to seem bias when it needs to be locked?

Seriously though is today National fight the power day or something? This is like the third or fourth thread  today questioning mods, the devs ban powers and such.

Fight the power day is tomorrow, maybe people are gearing up? I shouldn't go in to work then... could get dicey... heads might roll.

Close any thread that goes off topic or gets way too toxic.

This should help new players that read threads ahve have to read through pages upon pages of derailed content just to get to a little info.

I love forum drama, I really do. But asking to replace player mods with paid ones is so ridiculous. You WANT a mod to be on your side of the fence. They are the liaison between players and developers. Once you put paid mods in here, this forum will just spiral into politically correct, everyone hold hands and sing kumbaya hogwash. When it's your job, and your pay is on the line I think you make much different decisions than as a volunteer in fear of losing it.

I doubt the mods will have the complete power to ban someone without dev approval. You guys are just crying for something you think you want, then it's going to turn around and slap you like a hooligan to the face when it happens.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Fight the power day is tomorrow, maybe people are gearing up? I shouldn't go in to work then... could get dicey... heads might roll.

oh right. I haven't gotten my millennial, edgy rebel calendar yet. I'm just working off the ole get off my lawn calendar still. :lol:

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/332-forum-rules-of-conduct/

Abide by moderator and ArtCraft employee instructions

If you disagree with a moderator or employee's actions, do not discuss or challenge the matter in forum posts. Send an e-mail to support@Crowfall.com, and be sure to include your forum handle and game name, but NOT your password, and clearly state your concerns.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015