Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Security Devices (Other Than Locks)

headlight

http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Motion-Detector-Make-it-Wireless-Call-Phon/

Basically a motion detector that calls your phone if it detects motion.

I've always wanted to dabble in stupid, cheap security things that I think could be fun other than like a home security system. Like having RC helicopters with night vision so you can check the perimeter of your house if you think you hear something outside. Using old smart phones as wireless cameras outside your house.

I saw one kickstarter that used arduino boards (3 for $15, not bad) to detect motion, vibration, and also moisture so you'd know if you had a leak somewhere. It would text you if it thought there was a leak or text you if the washing machine stopped vibrating (load's done!).

A paranoids man dream, good sir.

Perhaps the RC's would be pretty fun but I wouldn't use them for security.

I'd just fly them around annoying people.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

paranoid? lol.

We were talking about drones the other day at work. You can basically setup the gps so accurate you could have it auto-take off from your house, go exactly outside someone's window, film until it has low battery, then it will autoland back at your house.

I don't think its paranoid to assume there will be a lot more people in jail for a) peeping in a high tech way and B) shooting at drones.

paranoid? lol.

We were talking about drones the other day at work. You can basically setup the gps so accurate you could have it auto-take off from your house, go exactly outside someone's window, film until it has low battery, then it will autoland back at your house.

I don't think its paranoid to assume there will be a lot more people in jail for a) peeping in a high tech way and B) shooting at drones.

There will be special drones to shoot down the afore mentioned drones.

So many drones will fill the skies in the future!

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

There will be special drones to shoot down the afore mentioned drones.

So many drones will fill the skies in the future!

Already a South Park episode.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Already a South Park episode.

You're kidding me?

They once said Simpsons did it all.

Now they can add South Park to the list.

A solid quote, I'd say.

It's hilarious, you gotta watch it.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

It's hilarious, you gotta watch it.

That was exactly what I was thinking of :D

Thanks for telling me about the episode, good sir.

A solid quote, I'd say.

Basically a motion detector that calls your phone if it detects motion.

The Arduino GSM shield is great, but you still have to deal with getting a SIM card from a local provider, a data contract, and dealing with all of that jazz.  If building this setup I'd recommend a wireless card instead and use a VOIP service.

[@--(o.O)@]