Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BucDen

Which Mmo Did You Coming From?

I've forgotten how many MMOs I've played; I do know however it's been a long time since I've felt at home or welcome in one.

My hubris is the size of a 2 by 4 nailed to the side of a YF-12 jet barrel rolling into a volcano piloted by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

I've played a TON of MMOs since 1997 (pretty much every big name one, plus a ton of no-name ones). The ones that I would consider "Home" though would be The Realm, Asheron's Call (Darktide), and Shadowbane. I'll give an honorable mention to Star Wars Galaxies, if for nothing else other than the crafting/itemization system (which is still the greatest in any game ever made).

Other games I put a ton of time into: WoW (was doing online college and unemployed for 2 years... mostly stayed for the group of people I was playing with), Guild Wars 2, and Lord of the Rings Online.

While I've enjoyed my time in some of these other games, nothing stands out nearly as much as Shadowbane and Asheron's Call did. My favorite moment in any game was in Shadowbane when a friend and I logged in one evening to find the nation (Shadowy Death) we subbed our little 2 person guild to while we worked our way up was under attack. We spent the entire evening in an epic battle and it was amazing (even though we lost).

Edited by svenn

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

I've played most the major MMO's that have come out since 2001.

My first MMO was Shadowbane (which is why I'm so excited about Crowfall!), and dabbled in DAOC, Darkfall, Rift, SWG, GW2, ArcheAge, FFXIV, Lineage.

These days I'm mostly playing: League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, and Diablo 3.

kuZFoIM.png

I'm probably missing some, but here's a pic with the ones I remember playing:

tumblr_no577z80Pp1txklilo2_r1_1280.png

Edit:

I did forget some! Added them in though.

Edited by Lycati

i started playing mmos in 2012 (or 2013?? not sure exactly) with wow and have messed around a lot with f2p ones like gw2 and tera but i don't really feel like i belong anywhere else but here now

Edited by Aiona

(づ ˘ ³˘)づ

Hug it Out

I think I am at the point where I can honestly answer this as, "All of them." Yes, All of them." I have played so many but the first MMO I ever played was World of Warcraft. Discovered it back in 2004 when I was still in High School. Before that I just played Diablo 2 and The Sims then tons of stuff on console.

UO was my first and it is my gold standard for MMOs - mainly the community there - played on Catskills and the RP community there was fantastic.

From there, SB, SWG, City of Villians, WOW, Warhammer Online, Rift, Secret World, SW:toR, GW2, Wildstar

Currently not playing anything.  I tried Tera but it feels more of the same linerar roller-coaster MMO that I just don't enjoy anymore.  Open world / sandbox is where it's at!

Edited by Septimus