Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Macro-Story: Does It Matter

Nazdar

The Hunger.

I like lore.  I appreciate having a backdrop for the universe.

The All-Father.

I enjoy mystery.  I like having a world rich with history.

Lords of Order.

Maybe such a world deserves a Living Story, driven by player actions.

Balance.

Maybe the story should never change - the mystery permanently out of reach.

Lords of Chaos.

Maybe the story should die.  The story is not the game;  we are the game.

All_Father.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufu-L4dMh7E (The Hunger)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y81IphGnWA (The Gods)

What should the role of macro-story be in Crowfall?

(P.S.  I just want the All-Father's fire serpent.)

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

It should set the tone and backdrop for the game and nothing more. You said it right when you said, "we are the game." Perhaps based on our events, we can see more added to the lore over time?

There could be a yearly point tally for each god based on the 2 different faction based campaign rulesets. The winner at the beginning or end of each year could be declared king of the gods and their statues and temples could be slightly more effective for that year and have there be a continuation of the God's war story based on events in game. That would be pretty cool.

Edited by Joziah09

i think you'll see lore tied into the 12-faction rule set...seeing as the dregs is looking like the no-holds-barred 'arac' server, the 12-faction would be the lore server variant...

could be quite cool...but we don't really know enough about the races, the archetypes they can go into or the professions they can select to really dig into it.

I was wondering myself how much the Gods will play into it. I know they have confirmed temples and shrines, as part to the relic post. So with Temples being in EK and the Campaigns, I was wondering if god choice will perhaps grant access to a buff, or if Temples will be considered a place to worship all gods in the campaign/lore.

Can't wait to see more write ups on the Lore.

The answer to the question is subjective. Some people played SB as Quake with swords, others lived and died by the tales of the gods' deaths. JTC has said that he's got a lot more lore queued up about the gods and the way the setting narrative works, and that'll matter a lot to some people and not a bit to others.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

It would be cool to see the World's lore being driven by the Players depending on how the Campaigns are going and who won them. The rules could might change according to how the lore progresses. A story driven and told by the Players. :)