Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Planetside2

Anthrage

Have picked up PS2 again in anticipation of the large-scale battles, POI control and factional combat of Crowfall. Wondering if any other CF people play, or even perhaps have interest in making a CF Outfit. I also occurred to me that Crowfall Campaigns will feature 4 seasons, and these could correspond pretty well to the 4 PS2 Maps - Esamir being winter, Amerish being Spring, Indar being Summer and Hossin being Autumn...

played it for the first year... put in 1400h without beta...

was top20 in kills on Miller, while mostly being a grunt on the ground, not one of the rocketpod spamming clowns

I played waaaaay too much ;)

Edited by freeze

Yeah I just started again, still F2P, still tons of fighting to be had. The things I don't like about the game, which lead me to putting it down, have nothing to do with the game itself and more to do with the people who play it and how they play...it's a good thing to go back to now and then.

So what do Empire do you think would be most suitable for a Crowfall outfit? 

It's been ages since I last played PS2. Great game if you could get in a good outfit or with a bunch of like-minded people.

Stopped having fun when most of my friends stopped playing, personally. How's it holding nowadays?

LW_sig_concept5.jpg

Through the Hunger and Darkness, might our Light shine through...

- (Future) Character name: Ydriel -

Played Alpha, Beta, and the first 6 months (on Connery) until they killed the sandbox with the lattice system.  Totally turned off with linear zerg smashing.  I load it up once in awhile with a few friends to see what's changed/new.... but that doesn't last long.  It's absolutely nowhere close to the strategic PvP sandbox experience it once was.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

One Thing:

-Utter fail of SOE to envision it right.

Or better to say Daybreak.

Trying to get more people in, which are paying. They're smashing their own lifelyhood again...

PS2 was fun early. Became somewhat interesting with groups of players.

And drifted to zerging 101 later.

I hope warmth and food mechanics will keep zerging to a minimum n crowfall.

Edited by Greenfox21

Good question. If we can identify a server and faction those interested will play on together, we can coordinate, set up an outfit and get the name 'Crowfall' appearing in PS2 every time we kill someone, take a station or run a squad.

I don't have anyone to roll with in that game. Is there a certain server (I can't remember if there's a choice) everyone wants to play on?

I have around 2000 hours in that game, spread around 2 accounts (one SoE and one ex-ProSieben). Played since alpha squad closed beta and I absolutely loved that game.

Not quite as good as the first one in my opinion, but by far my most favorite shooter in the last 5 or 6 years.

That said, I stopped playing around new years because over 2 years after release we are still crowbaring 200 players into bases that would be considered small for a 8 player Unreal Tournament map, a lot of which are pretty horribly designed on top of it (Nanite Subterran Explosives Analysis).

The devs are still showing a certain anti-vehicle bias (or at least they have no idea how their own vehicle combat works), I have already reached all goals I had set for myself (mostly to aurax every carbine and scout rifle) and all my friends having quitted quite a while ago.

Plus 2 years after release the game engine still throws a fit whenever more then a few squads are inside a base, and I'm tired of getting shot by people popping into existence 5 meters in front of me.

There are just so many nitpicks and (long standing) bugs that add up that every time I play I want to punch a guy or two.

Also by now I want to strangle most of the Forumside regulars, with the exception of Alarox, Flag and CuteBeaver.

Constant optimism will not solve your problems,

but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

for server choice: unless you're actively avoiding competition, there's only 2 options:

EU: Miller

NA: Connery

but that was a while ago.. guess they merged a few servers by now :)

Edited by freeze

Some friends and I play PS2 on a fairly regular basis. Emerald Server for NA seems to have the most consistently even amount of population dispersion among the factions. We play New Conglomerate faction. I personally am terrible at FPS games so I essentially just run medic and engineer and just heal and repair things, while occasionally throwing C4 at stuff.

Despite the even spread of population I will admit that the Terran Republic seems to be the weakest link on the server. I am in EST time zone and New Conglomerate seems to win in the morning and the Vanu Sovereignty in the evening, in general. There is constantly good fighting though, no faction tends to just stomp the competition and overrun the whole continent map in 15 minutes.

Character name is Naosumeijin if anyone wants to join the NC faction of Emerald server and wants a pocket healer to play with.

I'm on Emerald as well, with my main in Vanu. I agree regarding the fairly balanced state of the factions.

Ideally I'd like to get a group together under a new Crowfall-outfit umbrella, likely populated with alt characters, so aside from playing together as a group of Crowfall fans, we can also get the Crowfall name out there in game. They've made changes which cause outfit names to be more visible in various ways and I think it would be a cool way to not only play as a group in a game with some similar elements as CF will have, but also publicize Crowfall at the same time.