Custom Created & Named Clan Ranks

Create and name ranks for guilds  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support this idea?

• Maybe
    • No (explain why)
    • Yes

Custom created & named clan ranks

Guild leaders should be able to create new ranks and name those ranks how they want.

- This will allow for more interesting and unique organizational structures and hierarchies in guilds.

Emperor

ZtyX

- Guild: FUtileZ

Edited by ZtyX

Furthermore, it should be possible  to examine another player and see information about him. This would include what guild he is in and his rank.

Also, I believe that guild ranks should have permissions assigned to them by the guild leader. These permissions could be things like:

• Access to deposit from the guild bank
  • Access to withdraw from the guild bank
  • Ability to invite new members to the guild
  • Ability to kick members from the guild
  • Ability to blacklist characters from the guild
  • Ability to change the guild message of the day
  • Ability to promote members of the guild to a higher rank
  • Ability to demote members of the guild to a lower rank

Has there ever been an mmo that didn't allow this?

Yes, sadly many MMORPGs pre-set the names and amount of ranks that guilds can have. For example ArcheAge or Darkfall Online. Darkfall Online had ranks from about 10 ranks ranging from recruit to supreme general, but you were not able to change those names. It worked well because those names were visible below the name when you aimed at that person, thus you were able to identify his rank and importance.

However, it is also fun when you can create as many ranks as you need and customize their names. That's what I would like to experience in Crowfall.

ArcheAge had a pitiful guild system. It had only a few different ranks, 4 I think. And those ranks could not be re-named.
Edited by ZtyX

Furthermore, it should be possible  to examine another player and see information about him. This would include what guild he is in and his rank.

Also, I believe that guild ranks should have permissions assigned to them by the guild leader. These permissions could be things like:

• Access to deposit from the guild bank
  • Access to withdraw from the guild bank
  • Ability to invite new members to the guild
  • Ability to kick members from the guild
  • Ability to blacklist characters from the guild
  • Ability to change the guild message of the day
  • Ability to promote members of the guild to a higher rank
  • Ability to demote members of the guild to a lower rank

Well this just got a lot more detailed.

Nah, I don't really like the idea of an inspect.  Particularly not as detailed as rank.  Their guild > maybe.  Not sure though.

I'm not really sure what kind of guild bank they will have, so I wouldn't go around suggesting that yet.

In fact, I don't think there's a lot of use in a thread basically designing the entire guild system.  You're basically suggesting standard features that we expect in any MMO.  Unless you think of something totally novel, we can probably leave the basics of guilds to ACE.

Then again, it's responding to this thread that will keep it alive so maybe I'm the silly one... /meta

The list you gave is pretty much standard in any mmo today, so I see no problems with implementing it into CF aswell.

I agree with the Doc, inspecting peoples ranks is a big no no.

theDoctor (and others). Why are you against allowing players to examine/inspect the rank of another player?

The guild system is very important to me and I would enjoy a very detailed one. It's not something that should be developed last minute and only with standard features. That being said, I gave a list of some reasonable things that I definitely would like to see implemented into this game.

Now something else comes to mind.

The clan bank has to have 2 layers. There needs to be an additional 'trusted' layer. And I also forgot to mention 'view access' of the guild bank contents. That should be a permission assigned to ranks also.

• Access to withdraw 'trusted layer' of the guild bank. This layer is typically used by guild leadership to share valuable assets. This also allows the normal layer to be used with more risk and thus gives guilds the ability to help and subsidize their members more without having to risk that too much is stolen if the guild bank is robbed.
  • Access to deposit into the 'trusted layer' of the guild bank.
  • View contents access to 'normal layer' of the guild bank.
  • View contents access to 'trusted layer' of the guild bank.

Additionally, and something slightly different. I would very much like to see a group history log. This log would store information such as:

• Member join date
  • Member leave date
  • Member promotion date and type of promotion
  • Member demotion date and type of demotion
  • Member warning degree given in percentage. (Up to 100%)
  • Member reward points given.
  • Member awards given. Custom guild awards can be created and given to players. This information could also be visible when you examine/inspect a player.

You get the point.

I will create another topic and poll to vote for some of the above suggestions, as that is outside the scope of this suggestion, and just something that I'm discussing now that we are on the topic of guilds, and I want to keep things in one place for ease of access.

All in all, these kinds of features for a guild system would create a lot of flavor for communities looking to have fun over a long period of time. It's sandbox content like that which helps to keep things fun, fresh and interesting because it supports player interaction and player creativity.

We all get tired of fighting monsters or gathering resources. We need player interaction and tools to do that in a cool and interesting way.

Edited by ZtyX

theDoctor (and others). Why are you against allowing players to examine/inspect the rank of another player?

The less info you have about me, the more strategy is involved. 

And the easier it is for me to play noob and counter-gank some idiot who thinks he can jump at me.

The guild system is very important to me and I would enjoy a very detailed one. It's not something that should be developed last minute and only with standard features. That being said, I gave a list of some reasonable things that I definitely would like to see implemented into this game.

To the first point, what zinnie said.

To the second part, there's a reason no one is making a suggestion thread for "I think pressing the W key should move the character forward," because that's pretty much a standard feature.  If everyone floods the forums with the most basic discussions, we'll all go crazy before the game even comes out.

I'm basically just saying, trust the devs.  Focus on the big issues.

theDoctor.

Lol, I'm sorry but I can't take your post seriously. Do you seriously mean to insinuate that this topic is equivalent to one that suggests "pressing W to move forward"?

Zinnie.

Fair enough. How about not being able to examine/inspect players inside campaigns, BUT being able to do it in the Eternal Kingdom areas?

Fair enough. How about not being able to examine/inspect players inside campaigns, BUT being able to do it in the Eternal Kingdom areas?

Why do we have to inspect players at all?

If you want to know what gear I have, I will consider telling you.

I've said this in a couple of threads before... If you want to know my gear, you'd have to take it from my dead corpse.

Has there ever been an mmo that didn't allow this?

Archeage. You can only use the 5 pre-determined ranks. To this day everyone hates that you don't have customization.

Edited by Octorus

This game has been compared to Civilisation. In Civ, some people refuse to even grant an embacy because they don't want you knowing where their Capitol is, even if you can see the entire border around it. That one tile difference can mean a lot in a war. I don't want my potential enemies to know how important I or my guild mates are to the guild. That is valuable tactical information. If you want to know more, gain my trust, and I'll tell you.

SR8DSig_Infynis.png

I would not be surprised if you can customize them. They have said that they will give guilds the tools to design whatever system they'd like. I can''t see them doing that without being able to go in and only check the boxes they want people to have access to.

heil Ztyx!

Yes we need guild rank customization (and guild bank customization).

Most mmo's lack this while it's not a big deal to implement it and make life a bit easier for guild leaders. The most important clients an mmo studio can have, since they make it all happen ingame. So put some effort in for them!!!

Friendly fire is not new to us ;)

So everyone has had their fair share of friendly fire already in FUtilez?

Sorry, but it was right there.

We're straying a little off-topic and that's my fault. I seem to have provoked a discussion by suggesting that examine/inspect button.  :)

That wasn't my intention, so I'll go ahead and create a new discussion topic where we can discuss that because I think a lot of players have some interesting opinions regarding that. I know that I do.

About this suggestion though, I can see that there is very significant and unified support in favour of the idea.

Edited by ZtyX