Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chancellor

Equipped And Inventory Items At World's End.

I understand how the Embargo Vault will work, mostly.

What about the equipment my toon is wearing and carrying when the campaign comes to an end?

Will It take death-wear and appear on me when I wake up in my eternal kingdom (EK)?

Will I keep it all, undamaged?

Will the loot rules of that world apply to the transition between the campaign and EK?

Will I lose it all, every time?

I think it would be good incentive for a player to stay with a campaign to the bitter end, if everyone in the campaign got to at least keep our equipped items, even the losers. And I don't think this is a "participation award", like a t-ball trophy.

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

From what has been stated ONLY embargo loot makes it out. So you might have to put away your favorite sword before the end of the campaign.

I think logically it could be changed to allow your embargoed items and equipped items. (Although inventory has to go or else it will just be an expanded embargo)

I was kinda assuming that equipped gear would just come back with you. I mean if you go back to your EK in the middle of a campaign (not quitting just visiting), what comes with you?

Thinking again, they will probably have different export rules for each campaign. 

Want a custom adventure for your table top RPG?

I can create one for you. HERE

I mean if you go back to your EK in the middle of a campaign (not quitting just visiting), what comes with you?

Nothing. You can only export at the end. So I imagine that when you visit your EK in the middle if a campaign, you are either without that equipment, your inventory is locked, or there's an entire separate inventory system.

I could easily see this being a flexible option on individual campaigns until the devs see which version works better.

I think what I'd like to see at least as an option is that your equipped gear is considered to be embargoed as of the campaign end, and subject to the campaign's export rules. So if you have a 20% export each item you're wearing has a 20% chance to make it home, just like any individual items in your embargo.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I think u will keep it. from my understanding equipment actually gets destroyed while using it alot. so I dont see a reason why u would lose it on worlds end. It kinda destroys the character progression if u have to restart constantly.

I think this thread starts by assuming that equipment is the most important thing we'll be taking back.

From what I've heard, I suspect that equipment will be very transitory. From a few comments in the thread, I get the impression that there is still some leftover part of your brain that says that gear = progression. If they do what I hope they are doing, they'll be able to delete the gear on our character and we won't care. This isn't the progression you're looking for.

Drew aka Geldarion

Former PvP officer for Old Timers Guild

Cohost for Casual Core Radio, Owner of The Fanatical Swordsman

Equipment, from the sound of it, will not be very important (besides having SOMETHING with relevant stats). Nor will it, hopefully be that hard to get ahold of with all the crafters running around in the forums. I could definitely see them allowing us to take our equipped items back (nothing in inventory however) but they have not confirmed that. honestly if they didn't allow it many people would put their equipment away and just run around near-naked for the last few days of the campaign, which would be really lame.

I've read that all equipment degrades. So, I feel it is kinda pointless to become attached to our gear at the end of a campaign. Now, if we are talking about inventory items when you vist your EK mid-campaign. I would think you would keep everything you have from when you left. However, you won't be able to tranport it from your inventory in to the EK since the campaign is still on going. Could be wrong though.

All equipment degrades, and equipment import into a new campaign is either limited or nonexistent. However, if you do want to play an import-allowed campaign, I'm sure you'd rather spend your first days on the new server in a well-fitting suit of top end gear rather than cardboard and duct tape.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

At the risk of sounding like a broken record - last word on export items was that they're subject to an RNG to determine which items are actually exporting if your export percentage is less than 100%.  I think it was JTodd that said they're mulling that over/thinking about that so it's not set in stone but at this point the last official statement was RNG.

So I don't see folks putting their gear into the embargo vault if they're strongly attached to it and they're at less than 100% export.

I'm a fan of honoring the campaign rules that started the campaign off.  Nekkid in, nekkid out.  Fully geared in, fully geared out.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

So I don't see folks putting their gear into the embargo vault if they're strongly attached to it and they're at less than 100% export.

What is the alternative?  If you have some good gear in a campaign it would be permanently lost if you didn't try to export it. Better to have some percent chance of exporting your gear than zero percent.

IhhQKY6.gif

Sure, equipment is designed to degrade on its own. So, isn't it a bit redundant to have an end-of-campaign system that ALSO degrades your equipment, but to an arbitrary degree?

"Oh, you just had to re-outfit yourself for that epic crazy battle that ensued over that last Bloodstone, so your Legendite armor had 90% durability left when the campaign ended? Welp... it's gone now. Slap on a new set of equipment in the next campaign, 8D!"

Shouldn't the equipment at least be allowed to just decay on its own? I know there will be SOME "Terminator"-rules campaigns, but there will be plenty in which the default won't be "you come into this with nothing."

This post brought to you by...
Lephys. Because everything's better with a smile facepalm.

I think it would be the right move to let players keep their equipment at the end of a campaign,

Not doing this will screw over people who have no time to log in on each day, or have to do something very important in RL the day the campaign goes to an end.

Just deleting their stuff then because they weren't able to log in would leave them a kinda sour taste. It won't hurt to have some comfortable features.

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC