shinyih

So I Guess This Means That Ace Will Bring Crowfall To Europe

If you go to the bottom of this webpage you will see it

http://crowfall.com/#/payment

"$165,000

Currently On Hold

Stretch goal currently on hold - awaiting Kickstarter EU data

• European Beta Server
  • Localized website in 6 languages (German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Italian)
  • Hire a community manager to focus on overseas communities"

Pretty happy :)'

(ACE primarily wanted to look for a second company to host the game in Europe)

Edited by shinyih

Only if we meet the strechgoal... If there isnt a large enough playerbase in EU, then they will license the game out to third party companies instead.

Wrong. They will host and run the service for us Europeans either way. Gordon confirmed that. The stretch goal is to enhance this particular part of their service with additional pre-release coverage and localization. 165k is way to small an amount to actually cover for the service itself. Looks like Gordon managed to figure out how to get the service hosted in the EU effectively after a bunch of suggestions who to ask about that.

Wait, so.. excuse my fearful ignorance but.. we're not looking at potential regional lockouts are we?  I'm an EU'er and I'm generally more than happy to accept latency issues in order to play with American friends, so..  Not that an EU server isn't a nice thing in and of itself, but that always makes me worry a bit for whether I'll get the choice.

Yay first post is a worrier one x.x

Edited by Fensfield

Wait, so.. excuse my fearful ignorance but.. we're not looking at potential regional lockouts are we?  I'm an EU'er and I'm generally more than happy to accept latency issues in order to play with American friends, so..  Not that an EU server isn't a nice thing in and of itself, but that always makes me worry a bit for whether I'll get the choice.

Yay first post is a worrier one x.x

Correct. The only region lockout we know about is China for obv reasons. There's a PayPal thread in the announcement forum with a TON of developer information towards EU backers. I'd get it but I'm on mobile.

Also, as long as you purchase during this period, you can roll on ALL regions.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Correct. The only region lockout we know about is China for obv reasons. There's a PayPal thread in the announcement forum with a TON of developer information towards EU backers. I'd get it but I'm on mobile.

Ah that's nice to know.. thanks for telling!

Edited by Fensfield

rolling on all regions = win win :P

"people are stupid , given the proper motivation can be made to believe any lie; either because they want to believe it is true or because they fear it is true" - wizard's first rule

when the translation game in German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian ?

Edited by volrath

I do hope they will just do it themselves instead of looking for a seperate publisher for EU.

There have so many instances of issues and delays with MMORPG's that were published by someone else than the original dev/publisher.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

Ah that's nice to know.. thanks for telling!

This: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/3332-paypal-coming-particularly-for-our-european-customers/ is the thread he is talking about.  It is a long one, but worth the read!  LOTS of information regarding EU stuff in there.  

I do hope they will just do it themselves instead of looking for a seperate publisher for EU.

There have so many instances of issues and delays with MMORPG's that were published by someone else than the original dev/publisher.

Indeed! And this would be the one game where I would like to not be screwed over by a poorly made socksty publisher.

Member of The BlackHand Order

when the translation game in German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian ?

Bleh, why waste the resources?

Dev they promised translation game during the kickstarter campaign.

Also, the translation will bring many other players

• Localized website in 6 languages (German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Italian)

That is not how you do things in Europe. Nobody cares about those extra languages.

You simply make 1 host for everyone in Europe and put everything in English.

I guess, the only reason why Ace wants to export the game to Europe in that way is because he wants to sell the distribution rights and earn more money off of it, or something. Maybe he doesn't want to have to deal with extra server maintenance work.

But I don't understand why Europe has to be such a big deal? .. It's just like USA. We're all on the internet. We all want games. We all understand English. We're just in a different timezone and we want a good ping. That's all.

Edited by ZtyX

That is not how you do things in Europe. Nobody cares about those extra languages.

You simply make 1 host for everyone in Europe and put everything in English.

I guess, the only reason why Ace wants to export the game to Europe in that way is because he wants to sell the distribution rights and earn more money off of it, or something. Maybe he doesn't want to have to deal with extra server maintenance work.

But I don't understand why Europe has to be such a big deal? .. It's just like USA. We're all on the internet. We all want games. We all understand English. We're just in a different timezone and we want a good ping. That's all.

This is not correct. Game localization in the four major European language is standard practice. They are commonly referred to as FIGS for French, Italian, German and Spanish. Russian is a solid plus.

Source: I am a freelance translator specializing in game localization. ACE: hit me up when you want your website/game translated into French, hehe!

Edited by Seseau