Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deafnoboy

What Are You Excited For The Most?

When you get in on games early in development like this it is always funny to see just how good or bad some people end up being at the game after everything they've said. 

Seeing how people cope with those reality checks during different eras of gaming is very interesting.

Dynamic voxels worlds (that aren't all giant blocks)

Eternal Kingdoms

Crafting that matters / gear that doesn't as much

Plus all the campaigns and rules ets should keep things pretty fresh.

Having little experience with MMOs prior, I'm excited to watch a world and culture develop in real time on its own. I love any game involving wandering to some extent, and I think this game might slake my thirst for exploring and interacting that I wish I could get in more games.  

I'm excited to travel to strange new places, meet interesting people, kill them, and take their stuff.

"The horror, the horror."

Currently looking for guild! Resume and references provided on request. 

I'm looking forward to variety. A variety of worlds. A variety of crafting creations. A variety of skills. A variety of outcomes. A variety of players and guilds.

There has been some semblance of variety in the past, but now that worlds are always being built/destroyed, I'm hoping this opens up a whole realm of creativity, where the phrase "no two worlds are the same" takes on a whole new meaning. Maybe one world has a series of volcanoes to deal with, making certain areas ideal for mining but not so much for building (you don't build houses where the lava flows, but there are nice crystals there!). Maybe a world could have different colors of water or dirt, just to mix it up (if not, cool, but think Spore where you can have the sky, ground and water colored to your taste). In spore, I had a world where the dirt was black, the water was white and the atmosphere was red. Just a thought, but I know it's unlikely to happen XD. Maybe a world with more magic in it could be like the Forgotten Realms (D&D Neverwinter) and have areas with floating foundations. Or heck, make it like Zendikar (a plane in Magic: The Gathering) where there's SO much magic that the land is very difficult to work with because you never know if it's gonna be hostile or helpful.

There is so much possibility here that I think the devs would be foolish not to consider it, although I'm not stupid enough to think that it's a guarantee. We're working on a budget, after all.

Still though, floating castles... Talk about a need for strategy if the only way to get to it is to go Avatar and climb giant roots o.O Or to have flying mounts.

Can we have a Bard? If not as an Archetype or Promotion, then maybe a Discipline?

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

Probably the deep gardening system....oh and maybe the sieges...but mostly gardening

I take it you'll be playing a Druid, then :) Make a grand EK and show it off, I promise I'll take a look! I wanna see what you come up with.

Can we have a Bard? If not as an Archetype or Promotion, then maybe a Discipline?

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

I'm hoping the crafting system will allow me to craft poisons for daggers so my dots are more deadly then my actual hits, or something venomous of that sort where crafting ties with combat. 

As far as "confirmed" goes, im excited about no fire hose healing. =)

I'm hoping the crafting system will allow me to craft poisons for daggers so my dots are more deadly then my actual hits, or something venomous of that sort where crafting ties with combat. 

As far as "confirmed" goes, im excited about no fire hose healing. =)

This is actually something I had not thought off, how awesome is poison/venoms/runes/magic imbuing your items. The gear gets destroyed over time so all of that needs to be redone and people will also have to weight the gain they get for having them on each time making the economy even more fun.

Arrogance diminishes wisdom

I'm excited for all the associated hype with a brand new game. There is nothing like the hype of knowing that within 24 hours you will be in a brand new game. There's nothing quite like the look, feel and taste of walking in there for the first time. 

From there it's just sleepless nights. :)

288mqgz.png

I'm excited for all the associated hype with a brand new game. There is nothing like the hype of knowing that within 24 hours you will be in a brand new game. There's nothing quite like the look, feel and taste of walking in there for the first time. 

From there it's just sleepless nights. :)

Oh  don't lie.  You have a kill list a mile long :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Argh, this is making me anxious to see Alpha-testing footage! I hope people stream onto Twitch or other sites, I'm excited to see this game in action :D

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg

The Dying Worlds concept is what grabbed me. Finite campaigns, varying rulesets that can be tested and, if popular/successful, can be used in future campaigns.

The EK, crafting, building, etc also interest me greatly.

I know, so many cool factors all in 1 game. If there's a balance of all of them for people who like them individually and/or altogether, this game will be fantastic! It's gonna take a lot of trial & error, but it'll be worth it to reach the end goal ^_^

i-3ZQNFxh.jpg