Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fastcamcj

How Hardcore Will This Game Be?

So i was wondering if this game will be easy mode dedicated to the more casual comunity or will it have a more competitve edge? Iv been looking for a game that will test me and i think this might be it.

They still have so much to think about, make, and ultimately one person's hardcore is another person's easy. It's really impossible to answer right now but if I had to say......

77% hardcore

Edited by oberon

closer to 79% tbh.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

foreboding-gandalf.jpg

Edited by Wargasmo

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

Yeah should read the FAQ and stuff first I think. But I think regardless of where ones playstyle preference lies they'll be able to find their niche in the various rulesets.

Depends on your definition of hardcore.  It isn't going to be some immense grind of character progression.  It doesn't seem like it is set up to be the most mechanically challenging game, but since it is very much focused on player conflict you will probably be fighting other players pretty frequently and people provide the best and worst challenges. 

We can't determine how hardcore it will be until great players are in the game seeing how far they can push the game skillwise. 

first of all - what is your hardcore gaming style? playing 15 hours a day, 7 days a week? organized guild play or lone star solo player? 

And btw. read the already existing threads rather than starting a new one. 

Also please specify easy mode? I mean it's not like we get a endgame quest pvp armor which out-plays crafted and "dropped" armors. (not that there were any). Also it's not like we get any relevant items handed to us. I mean I'd be happy to carve a helmet out of player skulls - but I guess that a bit too drastic or well... dregs can be pretty brutal. Anyway back to topic.... please specify what you have in mind or read the existing things here. 

So yeah.... 

Edited by Thyr

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

So hardcore I will probably cry.

Can make that happen, just sayin.    :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

So i was wondering if this game will be easy mode dedicated to the more casual comunity or will it have a more competitve edge? Iv been looking for a game that will test me and i think this might be it.

This game will be very competitive.  I think it will offer play styles for both casual and hard core gamers, but will be more skewed in the direction of hard core players.