Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How Hardcore Will This Game Be?

A half way decent player actually knows the rules so they can circumvent it to avoid warnings and bans. You don't even know how many warnings you have.

People who are interested in trolling these forums are basically trolling themselves because they aren't going to accomplish anything of note by trolling. 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would advise going to the main page and clicking the button "About the game" before the bridge denizens eat you.

The lion man!  

Its going to be so hardcore you will feel like a badass eating cheetos in your moms basement while talking to other nerds in ventrilo.

Wildstar taught us that hardcore is not a successful model.

Follow blizzards philosphy. Easy to play, extremely hard to master.

lol, you continually say the most funny of things.

Officer of The BlackHand Order

So i was wondering if this game will be easy mode dedicated to the more casual comunity or will it have a more competitve edge? Iv been looking for a game that will test me and i think this might be it.

Too vague.  The question doesn't really ask anything.

Be specific:  To you what defines "casual", and what is "hard core".  If you want to be "tested", tested at what?

When you log in to an MMO (versus an FPS), what do you personally look for?  What keeps you logging in to THAT game versus another?

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

Too vague.  The question doesn't really ask anything.

Be specific:  To you what defines "casual", and what is "hard core".  If you want to be "tested", tested at what?

When you log in to an MMO (versus an FPS), what do you personally look for?  What keeps you logging in to THAT game versus another?

Casual means you can level your character up to the point that you can gank newbies with no risk. Even WoW raids are hardercore than that, at least the boss can kill you.

Hardcore means everyone is equally powerful so you actually need skill to win.

David Sirlin's Balancing Multiplayer Games should be mandatory reading for all gamers.

Casual means you can level your character up to the point that you can gank newbies with no risk. Even WoW raids are hardercore than that, at least the boss can kill you.

Hardcore means everyone is equally powerful so you actually need skill to win.

So any fps or moba is pretty much the height of hardcore?

Hehe as this thread clearly shows, the term Hardcore have been muddled up so much over the years, that it have lost any chance of having any meaning.

Yeah ain't that the focking truth.. Just see the posts I've already quoted for reference.

To bring this back on topic, about the LION - MEN

Obviously we need this archtype. A game without a phalic growing weapon is def not hardcore.

lion-o.jpg

I really like the picture you posted.

Hehe as this thread clearly shows, the term Hardcore have been muddled up so much over the years, that it have lost any chance of having any meaning.

I'd agree.  Nothing new really in language:  subjectivity and people, things mean different things depending on who's viewing them.

I think we can come up with some common meanings here though.  Back later though, RL calls (laundry).

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

Hard core is a thick, compressed layer of crushed stone and gravel used as the foundation of a road. Asphalt or concrete are then poured over the hard core.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Guys I just found this game on google and saw that its a mmo so is this gonna be a mmo is it gonna have leveling or combat in it what kind of game is this going to be will i be able to solo or play with friends cuz i like to solo so can you solo in this game or can you craft stuff does this game have crafting or what is this game pls answer me

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png