Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fastcamcj

How Hardcore Will This Game Be?

Casual means you can level your character up to the point that you can gank newbies with no risk. Even WoW raids are hardercore than that, at least the boss can kill you.

Hardcore means everyone is equally powerful so you actually need skill to win.

Exacly, something that dosent put those who have better gear (Altought to a degree gear should give you some bonuses) in a extremly better position that their opponents.

This game will be extremely hardcore.

We dont need no furry casuals up in here ;)

Please take that back

I need furries for my ERP EK

(COMES WITH A FEE)

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Please take that back

I need furries for my ERP EK

(COMES WITH A FEE)

That's right Cirolle.  Nothing in virtual life is free.  Especially in the EK.   :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

To bring this back on topic, about the LION - MEN

Obviously we need this archtype. A game without a phalic growing weapon is def not hardcore.

lion-o.jpg

Thunder thunder thunder thundercats hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Edited by sheen

Hardcore just really means seeking extreme challenge.  What that may be changes from game to game.  People started confusing this with time dedicated because there happened to be some correlation where people that didn't play a lot had a less passionate approach to games of old and generally weren't looking for extreme challenges during their play sessions because it wasn't practical to navigate those challenges in short play sessions.  

These days the play experiences are much more condensed so you can be hardcore without playing a ton because games are now made not to require you to play 24-7.   

Hehe as this thread clearly shows, the term Hardcore have been muddled up so much over the years, that it have lost any chance of having any meaning.

It also isn't a synonym for good, even though it is commonly used as one.

Imagine if CF hard perma character death. Very hardcore, but the gameplay would be crap because noone wants to lose 6months of character progression. So you'd get a few large factions that avoided fighting as much as possible.

David Sirlin's Balancing Multiplayer Games should be mandatory reading for all gamers.

Imagine if CF hard perma character death. Very hardcore, but the gameplay would be crap because noone wants to lose 6months of character progression. So you'd get a few large factions that avoided fighting as much as possible.

Hardcore (permadeath) Ladder was always my favorite when playing D2, you just can't replicate that kind of thrill in gaming. Didn't SWG have it as well for Jedi's? Pretty sure it didn't last though.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

It is a synonym for good, for hardcore players. 

lions and tigers and bears .... oh my. so hardcore

"people are stupid , given the proper motivation can be made to believe any lie; either because they want to believe it is true or because they fear it is true" - wizard's first rule

i can see this game becoming the next E-sports mania eventually as much as starcraft 2 , dots,dota2 etc etc. the tournaments could get interesting in some sense to become absolutely hardcore :P.

so hardcore that everything becomes guinness world book of records hardcore.

"people are stupid , given the proper motivation can be made to believe any lie; either because they want to believe it is true or because they fear it is true" - wizard's first rule

i can see this game becoming the next E-sports mania eventually as much as starcraft 2 , dots,dota2 etc etc. the tournaments could get interesting in some sense to become absolutely hardcore :P.

so hardcore that everything becomes guinness world book of records hardcore.

Don't see it. E-sports usually are best for small quick matches. CF will be neither. Campaigns last for many Months and many many players. I don't see them making special game modes just to qualify for an e-sport either. Least I hope not.