Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BATCLAM

Sell-Swords

True that mercenaries never really took hold in sandbox games. Perhaps if the devs desire their inclusion there needs to be some sort of systemic support. While this removes the intrigue, I think it would be quite sad if mercenary guilds/players couldn't make it into the game somehow.

A rough idea for a system could be an enforced contract with x resources for amount of (mercenary) guild/player time as an ally. From there on out, the players could negotiate further. Complete this task and receive these extra payments, et cetera. Then you keep the possibility of being cheated from both ends, and maintain the idea that better mercenary guilds would eventually gain reputation amongst the community for high success rates in tasks.

True that mercenaries never really took hold in sandbox games. Perhaps if the devs desire their inclusion there needs to be some sort of systemic support. While this removes the intrigue, I think it would be quite sad if mercenary guilds/players couldn't make it into the game somehow.

A rough idea for a system could be an enforced contract with x resources for amount of (mercenary) guild/player time as an ally. From there on out, the players could negotiate further. Complete this task and receive these extra payments, et cetera. Then you keep the possibility of being cheated from both ends, and maintain the idea that better mercenary guilds would eventually gain reputation amongst the community for high success rates in tasks.

Mercs worked quite well in Darkfall iirc. Lump sum pre siege payments and you join X side for the big battle.  If your merc guild custarded anyone over then your rep would have been ruined.

I disagree with the mechanics for something we are perfectly cabable of doing on our own. Without much effort even.

The only thing that would be missing, would be the label of Mercenaries or Sell-swords.

Which I feel could be just a theme (as Clam mentioned) for a guild.

It is all about how you play, not what you are labeled

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

I don't think enforced contracts are needed, but a jobs board for mercenaries might be an interesting way to at least help bring mercs and clientele together. 

I sincerely hope we revert back to Mercenary. 

It's not a new term. I've seen it used in literature for decades.

mael4.jpg

It's not a new term. I've seen it used in literature for decades.

I'm aware, but it's been brought to popularity somewhat unnecessarily. Mercenary just sounds way less soft. 

I don't think it will happen as much as people think or wish it will.

Being on the winning side is valuable in it's own right. What use is it to get paid to be on the losing side and unable to export anything?

Edited by Teekey

UkBSCr2.png

CF.GG

Your primary source of Crowfall news, guides, and information.

If anyone has played Shadowbane, you know that working politics and making deals with other guilds is critical and can sometimes help or sometimes hurt your guild/city as it brings other guilds into the war(s).

Edited by Shalkin