Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ellie

Spies, Espionage, James Bond And You.

So basically  there will probably be some serious folks who fancy themselves " James Bond"  wanting to turn CF in Eve?  Because they had "power"  there and want to continue their game here?  

Well, the Kickstarter for Crowfall had "Game of Thrones meets EVE Online" written at the top, so I'm not sure saying they want to turn the game into EVE is really apropos of the situation. 

That said, basically every open-world PvP game has spies at the upper end of competition. In EVE people are notoriously dedicated, but you would find similar situations in games like DAoC, TESO, and even GW2.

I just wanted to pop in here and say that I know what all of you are wearing.

Or NOT wearing, gotcha!

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I've been watching you for a while because of that  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

This is one of those comments you dare not "like" because...........................

I am fully clothed , tyvm     :)

Edited by ellie

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Or NOT wearing, gotcha!

Sucks sticking to leather. The office chair gets uncomfortable.

They would be a pretty crappy spy if they came in here announcing that's what they plan on doing, or have done in the past haha.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

This is one of those comments you dare not "like" because...........................

I am fully clothed , tyvm     :)

That's too bad, I had an entire team of assassins coming over to give you one of these.

That's too bad, I had an entire team of assassins coming over to give you one of these.

I have a feeling you may not be the only one lol   

This whole topic depends on how far they wish to implement strategy into a MMO game. If campaigns were shorter then I'd say strategies such as studying enemy's attack pattern and planning surprise attack to create gaps between win lose points would be a good idea since time is at press. I'm not sure about campaigns lasting for several months though. If both sides are given enough time to fortify and craft and loot, I think it will all go down to who's better at PvP. With stronger defence, it would be hard to carry out a effective surprise attack but I suppose, tracking small enemy parties can work but that wouldn't necessarily change the tide of the war.

To me, strategy is just to create variety in game play and gives players more choices to do what they want in PvP. With limited movements and play styles (you can't control characters like your own bodies, and you can command people either because you don't necessarily hold authority) it's hard to put strategy as a main style of combat but strategy does play a moderate role since there are effects like friendly fire and advantage points and disadvantage points of a character.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

spying is gonna own OP, ill definitely end up with an alt in a guild and suck my way up to the top before stealing all their poorly made socks and kicking everyone

They would be a pretty crappy spy if they came in here announcing that's what they plan on doing, or have done in the past

well then.

It'll good really, lol.  Just was wondering how deep ya'll thought these spy "machines" would go.   I guess that is the thing about CF it is different things to different ppl.

1 - its primal so who cares

Haha, looks like someone's feelings are still hurt. You ain't gonna make it out there in the dregs, boy.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

The one character per campaign per account restriction does nothing to prevent multiple account users from spying.  So I wouldn't be too hasty to call it a non-issue.

I think that this will actually make it EASIER to spy.  In SB you were regularly asked for screenshots of your toon screen to make sure you weren't a spy.. with this you could SS your toon screen with no issue 'cause its a totally different account - and theres no sub $$... Easy to put together $50-100 in a guild for a spy account or two.

I think that this will actually make it EASIER to spy.  In SB you were regularly asked for screenshots of your toon screen to make sure you weren't a spy.. with this you could SS your toon screen with no issue 'cause its a totally different account - and theres no sub $$... Easy to put together $50-100 in a guild for a spy account or two.

yea and with the passive training and such it will honestly be pretty easy to have some separate accounts that you won't even have to work that hard at making battle ready