Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NicholasLionRider

Reign Of Kings

Now I just noticed this game today on Game Grumps, but is it just me or is it basically Crowfall, but out now, minus a few features? It has the "minecraft" elements of crafting, dying, losing items, and building fortresses, plus the physics, sieges and guild systems people want. Not to mention, it is basically has the combat system people want and more importantly, it's out now for $20. Sure it doesn't have the dying worlds, classes or guiniceans but it does have working multiplayer, PvP, sieges, mobs, guild systems and heraldry and reasonably good graphics. Animations are a bit off but by the time Crowfall even gets to beta, I am sure this game will have more of a following and a lot of improvements. Between this and Medieval Engineers, it's like everyone was having the same ideas for games this year.

Stopped reading there.

Someone tried to explain the game to me like that too, and it's a terrible analogy. I have no idea why anyone would try to promote a game with that as an example.

Crafting works a lot more like an RTS, you have to build a structure in order to build further. ex; Build crafting table X to produce crafting table Y, both X and Y have several tools, weapons, and gear you can build (crafting table Y can build crafting table Z etc.). There's a bench that makes archer stuff, a forge that makes weapons/metal armors, tanner that makes leather. To me it's more like making the building that makes archer units, armor upgrades, etc. 

You dump resources into the crafting station, and it produces things you tell it to. When I hear "minecraft" I think of a grid, and having to arrange resources into a particular pattern in order to make something. It's not like that at all. You don't have to discover anything either, it tells you what makes what and with what resources. Very direct and easy. 

Edited by dhal

Fu3oW5d.png I must consider my sins

It's okay. The mechanics are rough and buggy. The scale is tiny and performance is horrible. There's no real permanence since siege weapons can hit the whole map and blow up an entire base in a few shots. Servers wipe constantly since hackers come in and mess the whole game up. I'm not crazy about it, but if you like survival lobby games it's not bad.

Oh my god. One of my all time favorite games. Had three amazing summers of roleplay. Even though I hate the devs for leaving it, Reign of Kings was the best 20$ I ever spent. 

PS: I met Archaos on ROK lol. 

On 4/4/2015 at 10:33 PM, NicholasLionRider said:

Now I just noticed this game today on Game Grumps, but is it just me or is it basically Crowfall, but out now, minus a few features? It has the "minecraft" elements of crafting, dying, losing items, and building fortresses, plus the physics, sieges and guild systems people want. Not to mention, it is basically has the combat system people want and more importantly, it's out now for $20. Sure it doesn't have the dying worlds, classes or guiniceans but it does have working multiplayer, PvP, sieges, mobs, guild systems and heraldry and reasonably good graphics. Animations are a bit off but by the time Crowfall even gets to beta, I am sure this game will have more of a following and a lot of improvements. Between this and Medieval Engineers, it's like everyone was having the same ideas for games this year.

My hope is that we get a "polished" version of Reign of Kings vicariously through Crowfall's Eternal Kingdoms. If the Crowfall devs can flush out the EKs and really empower the players to configure their private worlds with unique rule-sets... well GG. Crowfall would be a winner.