Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wargasmo

Zombie Campaign

Just tossing around idea's in my head, but maybe a Dregs style last man standing. When you "Die" in the campaign and respawn you have been consumed by the hunger. This could cause interesting alliances between rivals of surviving guilds who are "alive" having to team up and fight against their own guildies who have been consumed... Probably a shorter campaign of a couple weeks to a month, but just a fun pvp idea. Thoughts on win conditions? I think it would be fun because it would be very hard to prepare for in having no idea whos going to be on what side.

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

Could be both... Could be at the end of the campaign the "survivors" need to get to the control point to get out alive and win, where as anyone who has been consumed by the hunger must kill all the things.

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Just tossing around idea's in my head, but maybe a Dregs style last man standing. When you "Die" in the campaign and respawn you have been consumed by the hunger. This could cause interesting alliances between rivals of surviving guilds who are "alive" having to team up and fight against their own guildies who have been consumed... Probably a shorter campaign of a couple weeks to a month, but just a fun pvp idea. Thoughts on win conditions? I think it would be fun because it would be very hard to prepare for in having no idea whos going to be on what side.

Reminds me of the branded event during GW2 beta - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5_h-Jt4qc0

Edited by billybowl

Maybe everyone enters the campaign tied to a random bloodstone tree, and your "alive" until that bloodstone tree is overrun by the hunger, that may be a bit more realistic and kind of create those "Bastion of humanity" for epic horde vs strongpoint battles. Down to the final bloodstone tree which would hopefully be fortified as the waves of hunger crash against it.

Sounds a lot like mostly pve... which they're trying to avoid. Yes there would be some pvp but the further you went into the campaign the more it would look like dayZ but 400 years earlier...

It sounds like a cool idea. It's just not the game I kickstarted and I really don't see the devs doing this as this game is being sold as a PvP focused mmo/strategy hybrid. Don't get me wrong it sounds like a cool idea, I just don't see it happening in this game. Now watch a Dev come on and say "oh yeah we are planning to do something like this!"   :P

Except that its not pve at all. Its Players who have "died" and been consumed vs players who have survived.

Yes! I'm thinking of infected game type like in Halo's multiplayer except on a much wider scale. 

What would be the incentive to stay in the game if you're a zombie? Can you still get resources?

Zombie win = you can only embargo brains.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Zombie win = you can only embargo brains.

They should be in high demand

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

They should be in high demand

Perhaps they increase your intelligence.

Or there is a zombie discipline that requires you to eat brains every so many days.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

Could be an interesting game mode. Though i'm not sure how viable it would be to implement balance vise. 

If it were to be added a decent way to calculate rewards for the "zombies" might be to base them on the total amount of kills the player had throughout their entire life-span (no pun intended) as a zombie. This way players killed in the final hours of the campaign or ones that stop playing immediately after getting killed won't receive as large a reward as the players that started out as zombies and played actively as them. 

Come to think of it the entire concept of "zombified" player characters is fairly difficult to justify in Crowfalls lore. Aren't we supposed to be more or less immune from the effects of the hunger?

I think it would have to be a traveling campaign. You start in a safe area, the map it totally overrun by zombies and you have to make it across the world to an extraction zone similar to left 4 dead.

-If a zombie touches you, you get infected.

-Zombies have a high spawn rate and a very high agro radius.

-Zombies can have different types (runners, spitters etc)

-People that are infected turn into zombie commanders and can use the npc zombies as minions.

-The only way to win is by making it across the world without getting touched by any zombies or zombie commanders.