Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why The Title Crowfall?

Crows (the actual animal) are known for hoarding treasure, to put a dramatic spin on shiny things and scraps of paper. They're basically like tiny dragons, only far less interesting.

Umm, I am not sure I like you anymore.

Crows are much more interesting than Dragons :(

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our characters are immortals (explaining a rez mechanic) sent by the gods to pick the resources off worlds before the Hunger finishes them. Somehow this process it known across worlds and our chara

We are the crows

Crows are carrion birds. We, the gods' champions, descend on worlds about to die and scavenge for souls and bloodstones, like crows fighting over a dying man's eyeball.

I thought it was because crows are more like harbinger.

Aren't they always related to impending doom?

And since the Hunger equals impending doom, that would mean the moment you saw these 'heroes' the world would be doomed.

Or something along those lines.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

Umm, I am not sure I like you anymore.

Crows are much more interesting than Dragons :(

That's what I was thinking, too. 

Is there a single story about dragons playing? No. Are there any of crows playing? Yes. Are there YouTube videos of crows playing? Yes. They surf, too. Have we ever seen a surfing dragon? Puff needs to start passing around the really good stuff before anyone sees that happen.

And what's more than one dragon? Dragons. More than one crow? A murder of crows? Why? Because dragons aren't interesting enough to bother giving them a special name. Heck, even donkeys have a special name, so how low do dragons feel, when a drove of asses is passing by all named and stuff, and the dragons be like "What? So we don't have a special name. We're still cool, though" but they aren't. 

They're just annoying, big, selfish lizards that were cool to primitive people because they could fly, but you know what? Crows can fly, too. And we have planes. So dragons need to get over themselves. 

custard elitist, reptilian unpleasant people. 

Edited by buc denizen

Our characters are immortals (explaining a rez mechanic) sent by the gods to pick the resources off worlds before the

Hunger finishes them. Somehow this process it known across worlds and our characters are nicknamed crows. So the last "year" (4 seasons) when we come is known as the Crowfall.

Which is very cool. Crows much like MMOers are very intelligent but easilly distracted with shiny things (which they then put way too much time into obsessing over). It makes sense in so many ways. :D

Edited by Tierless

I role play a wordsmith.

Is there a single story about dragons playing? No. Are there any of crows playing? Yes. Are there YouTube videos of crows playing? Yes. They surf, too. Have we ever seen a surfing dragon? Puff needs to start passing around the really good stuff before anyone sees that happen.

And what's more than one dragon? Dragons. More than one crow? A murder of crows? Why? Because dragons aren't interesting enough to bother giving them a special name. Heck, even donkeys have a special name, so how low do dragons feel, when a drove of asses is passing by all named and stuff, and the dragons be like "What? So we don't have a special name. We're still cool, though" but they aren't.

They're just annoying, big, selfish lizards that were cool to primitive people because they could fly, but you know what? Crows can fly, too. And we have planes. So dragons need to get over themselves.

A group of dragons is called a flight.

buc denizen's parents took him to the zoo when he was like 3 years old, and a dragon stuck its head through the bars of its pen and stole his whole bag of popcorn. He never really got over it.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

A group of dragons is called a flight.

I thought it was called a thunder. So a group of dragons would be called a thunder of dragons. *shrugs*

Because Shadowbane was taken...

Seriously though, I would assume it has to do with taking a page from Game of Thrones.

Tie it to the fact that we are essentially scavenges on dying worlds being consumed by the darkness, Vulture-Nihilism doesn't have the same ring.

CF_Karg.png

Woa!! Epic!