Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Hunger Beckons

CopperStall

The Frostweaver seems tied most closely to the Hunger of all the classes. A superficial look shows no mechanical difference between them and the Confessor: same stats; same role description. The difference is currently limited to the flavor text which seems almost diametrically opposed.

This leads me to believe that we won't understand this archetype until we understand the Hunger.

Any ideas?

So far we know that the Hunger is:

- linked to cold

- gains power as time goes on

- is the direct enemy of our pantheon

- infects and corrupts mortals

Copperstall

Hmmm... That is perhaps an interesting take on elves. Where normally Elves are the most aligned with nature, here they have tapped into the Hunger to fuel their powers and victories and corrupting themselves in the process.

"He's like Batman except without the moral compass" ~Juror during first innocent verdict 

Ghost's of War, PvP gaming community founded 2002

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say the Elves are tied more closely to the Chaos Gods. From the description of the Faction Warfare ruleset, it would seem that Order is focused on fighting and defeating the Hunger, whereas Chaos sacrifices world after world to the Hunger, hoping to appease it. Then again, there aren't going to be any racial faction restrictions, meaning a Frostweaver could join the Order or Balance factions, or fight for an Order/Balance God.

We'll just have to wait for more information about the Elves in general. I'm hoping they mirror the sort of arrogant, cruel and decidedly amoral Elves of Shadowbane. Those Elves used gods, demons and elementals as tools to aggrandize themselves and their empire. Elves were at the head of the Church of the All-Father for thousands of years, and they were also the first Necromancers- anything went.

Edited by soulein

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

• 2 years later...

I was just thinking about that, thinking about making a thread of how amazing it would be if the class got some interactions with the hunger. Considering it comes in the form of a winter, they can make up good role reasons to put in some sweet interactions.

Edited by Retrace

On 26.12.2017 at 5:29 PM, Retrace said:

I was just thinking about that, thinking about making a thread of how amazing it would be if the class got some interactions with the hunger. Considering it comes in the form of a winter, they can make up good role reasons to put in some sweet interactions.

i think it was already "stated" that they will have a better resistance against the winter (aka body warmth i think?)

further than that i dont think they will introdues alot of ties or "eastereggs" to the lore, they havent done that with any other class afaik and i dont see them starting on the last class reveal, the frostweaver

i do hope though that they will introduce those "eastereggs"  later on in the game, building even more immersion 

6XZoThV.jpg