Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HappyWulf

Can We Buy Character Slots After Launch?

Would you consider selling character slots for maybe $10 a pop for those of us who want to play more than 3 characters, or want to have a dedicated crafter or two, but also want to have options for adventuring classes?

I had to look at the VIP membership benefits again, and I'm a little surprised that it doesn't already include additional character slots. It would be appropriate to be able to buy more slots especially once they start adding archetypes after launch.

You could always buy another account for a value of approximately $17 USD per slot!

In response to a question about P2W.:

by TullyAckland 20 days ago in forum Community Question & Answer in Please No Cash Shop
We've already said that we won't have a p2w cash shop. 

We will likely sell services (character slots for example) but you won't be able to buy weapons, armor etc. 

You should probably do a search on the forums and website, you would have found your answer there :-) 

Additionally:

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/2991-022515-early-bird-pledges-update/page-3#entry74633

by GordonWalton a month ago in forum News & Announcements in 02/25/15 - Early Bird Pledges Update

Only the items I listed are Kickstarter exclusives.

There will be future exclusives for people who buy them in their window of availability (it's called a sale in the real world, happens all the time), those will be available to backers at that time, including everyone who is already a backer.

He was responding to :

Questions:

Given that the stronghold and weapons will no longer be available, will the physical game copy, digital soundtrack, digital art book, character slots, etc. be available later on?

You also hinted at other exclusives following the Kickstarter campaign. Does this mean that it'd be to our advantage to wait an see these, or are they available to the backers who have already contributed?

Thanks!

And at the start of his post he said:

P.P.S.  Remember that several of the items currently offered are unique to Kickstarter, including the Arcane Weapon set and all "stronghold" category buildings,  All of these will be unavailable after Kickstarter.  We will have other options after Kickstarter but not these specific items.

TL;DR: So Yes. You will almost certainly be able to buy additional character slots. Although as the previous poster pointed out: Buying another account will get you 3 character slots and a permanent training slot. So that may be a better option in many situations.

Edited by thethain

Would you consider selling character slots for maybe $10 a pop for those of us who want to play more than 3 characters, or want to have a dedicated crafter or two, but also want to have options for adventuring classes?

Do keep in mind that you'll probably have to play the game A TON to get good with more than three characters. I don't see it as being easy to swap between them all. Like in league for example, jack of all trades has been proven worse than the (almost) one trick pony many many times. I see it beeing similar here. If you're a backer you should play around in beta and see what characters you like then level them up.