Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good morning everyone. 

Got a rough sculpt going of a WIP of the All Father. Might like to do the other gods however decided I would start here. It would be fun to do a few more and when this guy is done I might select a few concepts of there's to model out and let ya'll decide. For now here's the picture :).

Here is the list of everything that needs to be done to complete the sculpt.

Refinements:

Refine Hair

Refine Armor Details 

Add Patterns

Refine Gloves (finish sculpting)

Add Pants 

Add Boots

(If left just as a sculpt Pose)

There might be a bit more and I don't have have a ton of time. I will update as I can.

wip_all_father_zps6r5sdvdc.png

Looking pretty good.

Can't wait to see it in it's finished glory!

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

I'd say it is about time for an update wouldn't you. Of course with a 4 month old a full time job and several other things that demand most of my attention I haven't had tons of time. Still have a bit more work to do on him before I show him off completely. I am trying to decide if I want to make him game rez or leave him as a high poly sculpt and pose him out. 

wip_all_father_update_zpsydhml1yp.png

I'd say it is about time for an update wouldn't you. Of course with a 4 month old a full time job and several other things that demand most of my attention I haven't had tons of time. Still have a bit more work to do on him before I show him off completely. I am trying to decide if I want to make him game rez or leave him as a high poly sculpt and pose him out. 

wip_all_father_update_zpsydhml1yp.png

Wow, keep it up! It looks great, love your eye for detail.

Can't wait till the next update!

-Medivh

7vqpSHG.png

Thanks guys. I can't wait to start the next one which is an issue with me. Too many projects left in the too be completed pile. The scale-mail wasn't as challenging as you would think. On the next model I do I will try recording it (at a faster speed). You can see the process I go through and what all I do to make a character model like this one. I hope to get an update for you all later on in the day.

I might do some touch ups here and there but he is looking pretty close on the sculpt. I am planning on taking him down to low poly for textures and might do an update here or there for everyone so they can get an idea of the process. I plan on trying out a program called substance painter to see what results I can get for textures. It will be some time before I can show him off 100% complete as a game ready model. Until then here he is!

almost_zpssbl3girc.png

Nice work Nomad

Love the hair sculpting

Looking forward to your painted samples :)

Substance Painter is very useful and a worthwhile tool to learn.

Especially if you use Substance designer in your pipe line.

My typical process is going into Zbrush sculpting from a sphere with dynamesh and extracting pieces to create armor and such and refining. After that I do low poly in Topogun and unwrap in Max. I usually generate my maps from Xnormals and then go onto texturing in Photoshop testing the textures in Marmoset Tool Bag. I have not yet had a chance to try Substance yet but it has been on my radar for a while. Anything that helps improve work flow and quality is well worth it in my books! I do actually love learning new software. Thought about DDO from Quixel but I am liking the looks of Substance more.

Here is what I am looking at getting 

https://www.allegorithmic.com/products/substance-live

Or should I just go with individual licenses?

Please make him 3d printable haha, I want it on my desktop :)

-Medivh

I don't think I could make this a version that could be sold for copy right purchases but I might be able to make a printable version of it available for free. If you did get it printed though I would want a picture ;)