Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chaoticgnome

Ek As Source Of Player Designed Pve

There's no particular reason why ACE couldn't do this. On the other hand, there's no particular reason why they should. Crowfall is being designed around the concept of player conflict as the primary source of content. A game which allows players to design PVE content for each other could be a fun game, but it's not really the same game. Since the devs probably don't want to make two games at once, they would most likely just stick to working on Crowfall.

Why would someone who wants to build scenarios like this want to do it in Crowfall rather than, say, Neverwinter?

Pretty much THIS.

"Lawful Good does not always mean Lawful Nice."

I havent read through all the comments, you heard that already: I think this is a good idea. Make a colosseum where you can fight mobs or other players. Make dungeons and challenges. This should be our world, including theme parks. Everybody seems to hate every kind of themepark with such a burning pation that we oversee or rather forget the benefits it bring. When going into a themepark it is a great break from the usual and lets free your mind. Just imagine to go to your favorite colosseum to bet on your frinds or play a little round of "Kill a dozen Zombies"! It shouldnt be thought of as PvE but rather as Minigames in your Hub World!

I havent ever seen a social hub myself because it is boring, maybe this is different but I doubt that.

I AM ME!
I love you all.

This is pretty low on the priority list ...

I agree. As others already pointed out this would be kind of a tag on feature that is not part of the original vision of the game, even though I’m a big fan of player housing and building features of all sorts. The EK is a big selling point for me.

But I wouldn’t want things like this to delay the release. So this could be something to add afterwards.

I can see the attraction in Zombie Colosseum between CW, or as a break, and I can see the attraction for controls to allow me to make my EK more hazardous with monster areas.

If it uses CW tools and doesn't suck up to many dev cycles, and there's less reward than playing in the core game (if any), why not?

I don't believe the devs will fall for vision-creep based on vocal minorities on the forums wailing for more pve

Casual to hardcore is a spectrum. Carebear to griefer is also a spectrum.

I'm in the middle of both.

The role of the EK should grow with the time but not as a PVE area but as a center of the PVP and economy in the world.

What do you mean by this? I'm not sure I understand.

^^^  I think what he/she means is that as the EK grows so should the scope of the PvP (1v1. gvg, perhaps player made tournaments, etc ) and vendors ( selling , trading, etc )  not emphasizing a PvE element but growing a vibrant economic social world inclusive of the game core,  PvP and economy.   At least that is how I interpreted it :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"