Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Blood Toggle On/off In Options

When there will be quite big battles yes there will be performance issues, and sorry to tell you, blood(and I don't mean small amounts that can accompany skills) appeals to few in MMOs(which is why most MMOs don't have or it's limited) , and crowfalls demographic as far I remember isn't 18+ only, nor do they plan for brutal battles but intelligent and strategical ones. Atleast that's how I see it.

Well, I doubt that there will be any excessive blood in CF to begin with, but to have an option to remove all blood effects is a stretch too far for a game like this.  As for performance, most MMOs where it's an issue, they typically have graphic options to tone down the particle effects (which innately may affect extra blood), but not specifically for blood.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

Well, I doubt that there will be any excessive blood in CF to begin with, but to have an option to remove all blood effects is a stretch too far for a game like this.  As for performance, most MMOs where it's an issue, they typically have graphic options to tone down the particle effects (which innately may affect extra blood), but not specifically for blood.

We are always talking about excessive blood here, at least I am led to believe so from the first post of the thread:P

We are always talking about excessive blood here, at least I am led to believe so from the first post of the thread:P

OP wanted explicit on/off for all blood.  Most MMOs don't have explicit blood and there was no indication that CF was planning to buck that trend, especially with the art style... which wouldn't look like realistic blood anyway.

OP wanted explicit on/off for all blood.  Most MMOs don't have explicit blood and there was no indication that CF was planning to buck that trend, especially with the art style... which wouldn't look like realistic blood anyway.

I appreciate when developers give the option to toggle off blood, per preference of the player in the Options menu. I strongly request this feature be added.

The purpose:is for those who can get squeamish or light-headed at the sight of opious amounts of blood and splatters appear on the screen, even with exaggerated and non-realistic characters. This doesn't effect a great deal of players, but for those who'd prefer the preference, it is very appreciated.

Thanks!

Hmm... I understand now what bothered you, he doesn't clarify if he wants toggle off blood in general or only about large amounts of blood, right?

(I am gonna use the online game I've played the most as my memories are clearer for this example) In WoW when you used specific skills like rend or garrote (warriors and rogues skills) some small negligible amounts of blood splattering appeared(like I noted in a post before) which didn't even stay on the characters bodies, in those cases such an option is not really needed(except in extreme cases like hemophobia I guess?Which most likely would avoid games in general?)

Edited by Wotaze

...except in extreme cases like hemophobia I guess?Which most likely would avoid games in general?)

Yes, which is where I was going with it.  If players have problems with any digital blood, they should avoid CF (and most other similar games for that matter).  I definitely wouldn't trust someone with that condition in my PvP group, regardless if there was an option to disable blood.  

The next logical option, is for those with moral issues, which they should avoid CF due to the killing... and hey, most of it will be other people.  After that, it's all about the children.... so it's ok that parents allow them to kill, just don't make it real with a little blood.... sorry, I don't buy that either.  

There really is no good reason to have this bloody option.  Any possible excessive blood will most likely come from the particle engine, which there is usually an option... for performance reasons and affects all particles, not just blood.

OP here. It appears that a lot of comments thus far seem to question the whys and what-fors of such a request's existence. I do not feel like I need to go into the details on a public forum. I have my reasons, just as others do. There's multiple levels of triggers for people, and others have impressionable little ones looking over their shoulders. This particular option is nothing new at all in PC gaming. Modifiing one's game to suit preferences is PC gaming's greatest strengths, which continually brings me back finding new worlds and characters to explore. That includes Crowfall. Will it stop me from playing if no option is given? Very unlikely. As it has been stated above, this game probably will not be featuring massive amounts of blood, but we've seen very little gameplay footage, and what we have seen is very little. So, being it a Suggestion Box, this backer felt inclined to submit this as an option. Simple as that.

MERIDIAN
[TG] The Guardians | Discord: Meridian#7510
Solopreneur of Aqualith Media
(No, not that Meridian.)

as long as it's not a problem for the Devs...I can't see any problem with the standart toggle in the graphics option screen

being able to trun something off as an Option is never really a problem imo....like an ingame word filter...as long as the Player can turn it on or off then no harm no Foul...eh?

it's only when folks want something removed because it offends their sensibilities that I tend to think it's time for villagers, torches and pitchforks...

could jist be me...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Hmmm... First when you have something to suggest because you believe it would be nice to be included you should suggest it, and you did well to do it  except in certain cases(that is my opinion to get this out of the way). Second like Doc said above it is not removed but simply filtered so I wouldn't mind it(as I have said above I believe), but it just developed into a debate;(I think I am using the right word) of why someone would want it mostly rather than why someone would suggest it. One valid reason as I believe you meant is having children looking at your screen(as it seems most players are of the older generations UO, SB Etc.) rather than you being timid or a child yourself. Hope we didn't seem like we were attacking you or anything.

OP here. It appears that a lot of comments thus far seem to question the whys and what-fors of such a request's existence. I do not feel like I need to go into the details on a public forum. I have my reasons, just as others do.

Dexter Morgan?

[@--(o.O)@]