Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keaggan

Crowfall: Not A Pvp Mmo

So DayZ is also not PvP because it got some zombies?  :D

Well, actually DayZ is all about surviving as long as possible.... That typically includes murdering people for the sake of your own survival.

So no, I wouldn't call DayZ a PvP game, it's just a post-apocalyptic survival game where the players are the most dangerous asset.

Crowfall on the otherhand, is built from ground up on player vs. player and interactions that follow.

Well, actually DayZ is all about surviving as long as possible.... That typically includes murdering people for the sake of your own survival.

So no, I wouldn't call DayZ a PvP game, it's just a post-apocalyptic survival game where the players are the most dangerous asset.

Crowfall on the otherhand, is built from ground up on player vs. player and interactions that follow.

Well put!

Famous last words..................

It doesnt look like a fire breathing dragon!?

Yes, Crowfall will be built with PvP interactions. DayZ is more sandbox but that doesn't make him a non PvP.

DayZ is PvP, you can focus only on the zombies as you can also in Crowfall, but that does not make Crowfall a not PvP game.

Edited by mazh

2whf87a.jpg

Yes, Crowfall will be built with PvP interactions. DayZ is more sandbox but that doesn't make him a non PvP.

DayZ is PvP, you can focus only on the zombies as you can also in Crowfall, but that does not make Crowfall a not PvP game.

Not sure that is quite accurate for CF.  You will always be under a threat from other players in the campaigns.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Not sure that is quite accurate for CF.  You will always be under a threat from other players in the campaigns.  

Isn't DayZ the same? Aren't you always under a thread from other players?

Then why is DayZ a non PvP game and Crowfall is? or other way around?

They are both PvP

Edited by mazh

2whf87a.jpg

Why DayZ isn't the same, aren't you always under a thread from other players?

Then why is DayZ a non PvP game and Crowfall is? or other way around?

When you say "A player vs. player-game" that defines the game on a broad-scale to have a singular purpose: Players versus players. A game that is a sandbox and offers different activities, but allows killing of other players is not exactly a PvP game, even if the option is available. Would you call Minecraft a PvP game?

When you say "A player vs. player-game" that defines the game on a broad-scale to have a singular purpose: Players versus players. A game that is a sandbox and offers different activities, but allows killing of other players is not exactly a PvP game, even if the option is available. Would you call Minecraft a PvP game?

I don't think DayZ and Crowfall are a game that offer different activities but allows killing of other players.

They are a game where you kill other players, but allows other activities.

You say killing other players is the option in those games, I see it the other way around, doing other activities is the option and the games are about killing other players, so they are both PvP in my opinion.

I would definetly not call Minecraft a PvP game.

Edited by mazh

2whf87a.jpg

I don't think DayZ and Crowfall are a game that offer different activities but allows killing of other players.

They are a game where you kill other players, but allows other activities.

You say killing other players is the option in those games, I see it the other way around, doing other activities is the option and the games are about killing other players, so they are both PvP in my opinion.

I would definetly not call Minecraft a PvP game.

Tully, March 23rd:

I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game. I'm starting to think people just don't listen to me   :(

Next time one of these threads pop up (probably sometime tomorrow) can y'all do me a favor and let them know their concerns are ill-found? 

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I don't get how that is an answer to me, if it is. I'm saying Crowfall is PvP, just don't agree with who says that DayZ isn't.

Edited by mazh

2whf87a.jpg

I don't get how that is an answer to me, if it is. I'm saying Crowfall is PvP, just don't agree with who says that DayZ isn't.

OK.  We good then :)

That would make Chess and Poker PvP games.

My definition of PvP game : a game in which a high % of the play time is dedicated to "trying to kill or not be killed by other players".  :D

And my definition is supposed to fit to Crowfall.

If there was a mob with high HP, and both me and another player were trying to kill it first, I would be fighting against the other player for that mob's exp/loot. Therefore, killing mobs, crafting the best, and being the most annoying whiner...since it's all competitive against other players are PVP.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I'm actually going to agree with the title of this thread, although not exactly what the OP was going for.

CF is a PVP game, but it also a PVE game as in the actual environment will be out to do us in thanks to the Seasons and what they entail.

On top of that, there is the Economy game with resource gathering, transport, crafting, building, trade which someone can participate in without stabbing someone in the face.

Then there is the social-political-forumfall aspects which can happen in/on the forums, campaigns, EKs.

To me it isn't black and white PVP or insert whatever subjective term.

Chess, League, WoW, DayZ, Crowfall, Starcraft, Counterstrike, and Football might have or be forms of "PVP" but they clearly aren't identical systems. Much like MMORPG, PVP is a top end general term, but it really doesn't mean anything specific looking at all the various games that it can be applied to.

Maybe it's time to use a different term?

Much like "Throne War Simulator" I'd like to see ACE and all companies for that matter, start labeling their games with something that clearly describes what they are on multiple levels. Slapping "PVP" on something adds a ton of good/bad baggage which can instantly turn someone off or lead someone to believe it is something they might like just to find out it isn't.

"Hey want to come over and play this new PVP game I got?" "Sure what is it?" "Checkers!" "......"

Doubtful it will happen, but I can hope:

Player vs Environment vs Economy vs Player- PEEP (could even toss in "Social" for all the political stuff and make it PEEPS)

Competitive Player Conflict - CPC

Just a thought.

Edited by allein

I'm actually going to agree with the title of this thread, although not exactly what the OP was going for.

CF is a PVP game, but it also a PVE game as in the actual environment will be out to do us in thanks to the Seasons and what they entail.

On top of that, there is the Economy game with resource gathering, transport, crafting, building, trade which someone can participate in without stabbing someone in the face.

Then there is the social-political-forumfall aspects which can happen in/on the forums, campaigns, EKs.

To me it isn't black and white PVP or insert whatever subjective term.

So you are saying Tully is lying or doesn't understand the game he is helping to  create?   Mkk

Tully, March 23rd:

I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game. I'm starting to think people just don't listen to me    :(

Appears PvPcentric might mean everything revolves around PvP.   

Mmmm, those lead paint chips on the window sill were just like crackers!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~Terry Pratchett

Many are focused solely on the PvP aspect of Crowfall which is kind of...oh I don't know maybe a state of delusion. As if that is all that is in CF. Crowfall isn't a strictly PvP game, it just adds depth. The devs have said many times "players are the most dangerous part of the game" but they aren't the only danger in the game. That means there aren't going to be those critical world bosses or giant mobs or anything else; no players are the most dangerous thing in Crowfall. So you always need to be on guard because of that X Factor, that extra element.

Creatures and monsters will also be very dangerous and they've shown that as illustrated through many pictures that show creatures progressively getting more and more deadly and threatening and as the seasons change from spring to winter.

This notion that CF is like Planetside or a Battlefield game which is endless war that last for months is it not just unrealistic. It's not what has been stated from the Devs and I feel that people may be setting themselves up to be crushed because every update that doesn't reinforce this misconception.

Like the Wild West people are dangerous or like they say the Walking Dead monsters are dangerous and there's a constant threat but the people, people you always need to watch out for. The Walking Dead isn't Saving Private Ryan with constant war just...but rather world of constant threat.

Just because the game has PVE world filler (meaningful filler at that) doesn't mean it isn't a PVP game.

Where was it stated that there would be activity w/ no risk, other than in the EK's?   The EK's do not make it a PvE game, imo

Where was it stated that there would be activity w/ no risk, other than in the EK's? The EK's do not make it a PvE game, imo

I heard you mentioned the EKs.

I too like to live dangerously

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

If there was a mob with high HP, and both me and another player were trying to kill it first, I would be fighting against the other player for that mob's exp/loot. Therefore, killing mobs, crafting the best, and being the most annoying whiner...since it's all competitive against other players are PVP.

Direct Competition over a resource that is a dangerous threat at the same time? Stop, you're making me moist.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg