Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
realblankspace

Addons And Addon Support

I'm still slowly sneaking around the forums and reading up as a I go but I didn't find any information on this yet.

If I missed a link somewhere can you please drop it so I can check it out.

With all of the crafting stuff going on I would love to have some of our programmers making addons that help put crafting off the spreadsheets and into the game.

Does ACE have a stance on addons for the future?

Also: If you are going to have them -> can we please have them on Curse. Best platform to reward both the addon makers and installing easy mode.

I don't think we've gotten an official response but addons are a doubled edged sword. In a competitive PVP game like CrowFall it could spell disaster.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I'm a supporter for addons in games where they lack the UI/design teams to create all of the assets that players need to be at least moderately successful at the base gameplay (for example go look at the early terrible iterations of the WildStar Auction House. Terrible).

They are still trying to raise money so we can have nice optimization down the road... I just figured I'd ask  :ph34r:

I'm hoping the UI is thorough and simple enough to not need any real add-ons.  The only one I've ever used in another game was Auctioneer because it was too dang valuable not to use it, and auction houses aren't happening in this game, so one less thing to gather data on.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I'm hoping the UI is thorough and simple enough to not need any real add-ons.  The only one I've ever used in another game was Auctioneer because it was too dang valuable not to use it, and auction houses aren't happening in this game, so one less thing to gather data on.

I'm more interested on crafting materials, resource gathering points, how often to they refresh, rarity of the resource gathered, ect.

I just like to streamline things. I hate being a spreadsheet warrior but if I have to, I have to.  :D

If we're talking about PvP addons most people know my stance on those but I'm a huge no-thank you to that sort of stuff.

(Never liked the status tracking addons that came into WoW PvP Arena S3+?)

Side note: Headlight if you just link other peoples threads I'm sure someone can set up a bot for you to do that. Kappa :ph34r:

Side note: Headlight if you just link other peoples threads I'm sure someone can set up a bot for you to do that. Kappa :ph34r:

Got an addon to the forums that will just reference subjects in the thread and auto-link them to pre-existing threads or quote devs on subject matter? Don't forget to set the timer for 61 seconds. Also have it send me a text when I hit 5k posts.

I'm hoping this follows SWG method of resources, meaning they run out, they're random (in terms of material quality and location), and they don't have a predictable respawn rate.  I'm hoping it makes that data worthless, or at least very short term at best.

The major resource locations (for the large scale building materials) are going to be Points of Interest in a given map, and hotly contested, especially the ones with the best quality.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

I'm more interested on crafting materials, resource gathering points, how often to they refresh, rarity of the resource gathered, ect.

I just like to streamline things. I hate being a spreadsheet warrior but if I have to, I have to. :D

If we're talking about PvP addons most people know my stance on those but I'm a huge no-thank you to that sort of stuff.

(Never liked the status tracking addons that came into WoW PvP Arena S3+?)

How are resource gathering not pvp related?

First you say you want addons for it, then you say a huge no thank you

(I don't know you)

confused here

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Cosmetic only. I prefer addons to not be able to do anything the average gamer can't do themselves. So no ability to remember endless lists of where XYZ are, when they appear or happen. What the ingredient are for an item I haven't ever made or haven't in a year. No seeing HPs/Status of 100 friendly/enemies. No seeing what someone else is going to do before they know it themselves. Etc. If someone had the brain power to do any and all of that, awesome, they have no need for the addons. For everyone else, play with what ya got between your ears. But I do like my UI to be as minimal as possible which usually isn't the default, so bring on letting me remove all the pretty borders and what not, resize everything, make it all transparent/invis, etc.

Edited by Allein

I hope they are available, even if they don't do anything dramatic. Sometimes you just want a little more minimalist ui, or want to move a bar or window. Also if you look at wow mods drove almost evupstage upgrade. devs have admitted they think players are smart, if you give them the power to work on the ui, they will make a better one.

Since this post hinted on something I didn't think about until reading a post about global chat ect..  Has there been any other mention by dev team? I was wondering if they would  as many mentioned PVP and kills/deaths ect. or even the famous UI  mods. If trhey could keep a in game counter for your self that be great your win/losses  nemesis/pincushion etc. 

Im not a hugh fan of add ons but I enjoy the book of dead /kill counter etc I like to play as pure as possible.

Devs have mentioned leaderboards as something they intend to do, but we have no info on any specific stats they might be planning to track.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I was entirely dependent on add-ons when I played WoW it wasn't even funny.  life got easier every update when the incorporated add-ons I used with each patch but man I loved my add-ons.  Then when Curse added client to update the ones you used it was so nice.

I am not against add-ons but I hope the UI has functionality that won't require them or at the very least the Devs incorporate them as we go.  There should definitely be tools to allow gathering or keeping info for social reasons such as nemesis, merchant, transactions, and the like.

I'm personally againts all kinds of add-ons. You should play with what you are given and possible material things like calculator, pen and paper. Add-ons just try to make "easier" games and at same time, they make games less interesting.