Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valor

Crowfall & World Of Warcraft

Not even going to read this but i just want to add that all games are want to be wow.. after all it was the first mmo.

Artcraft have actually stated they don't want to be WoW.

But, Draegan feels strongly enough about this topic to offer up a backer pledge to whoever can figure out the connection.

https://twitter.com/JDodge80/status/585185586492870656

The reason I started this conversation was not a plug for our broadcast, but as a discussion of how a game like Crowfall who has gone overboard explaining how they are not attempting to become the next WoW but are actually taking pretty significant elements from WoW's business model for success.  Nobody has even come close to making any REAL connection to how Crowfall = WoW.  Yes, they are games.  I can't go into more detail or this would just be too easy for people though.

Have fun with the thread and discussion, it's way too early to take things so seriously.  Seriously....

Why_so_serious__by_inge80.jpg

Wow took elements from the games before it, just like the games after WoW will take from the games before it, and in 10 years we can say them games took something from the games over the past 10 years.. you take what works and you build on it... 

Wow and its use of insta dungeons, and battle grounds was nothing that wow itself came up with the classes are not soemthing wow came up with, you can make the case that wow pretty much used every element from other games to make its game, but it used the parts people liked and the things that made other games great.. its a good practice to use what works. 

WoW recreated the new MMO experience.

Crowfall is about to do the same.

:D

Al least you were savvy enough to say "recreated". WoW walked the path already cleared by multiple MMO's which pioneered the genre. That is where Crowfall and WoW are similar. Crowfall hopefully will walk the path's laid by every decent PvP centric title and take the best from each and iterate on a Shadowbane like sandbox.

I'm actually not joking.  This is our topic tomorrow and we're pretty confident we've made a solid connection between the two games.

I've seen LotD in almost every game I've played since UO. Want to know how Lords of the Dead and WoW are similar? I found a solid connection.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Not trolololing.  When we talked about it, I scoffed at the subject myself and came away pretty impressed.

Here's a riddle to help you along.

What Blizzard does, to our dismay

Artcraft might do, every day.

Edited by valor

WoW recreated the new MMO experience.

Crowfall is about to do the same.

:D

Well said. We are following WoW's spirit in innovation and we are going to make something kick bottom.

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post