Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valor

Crowfall & World Of Warcraft

Your show is fine... stop going for the bait...

...you know, I just want to throw this in at the tail end...Your podcast is fine. The intention is good. I appreciate you trying to build the community. With a baited trolly thread, you should of expected the trolly responses. That's really all that happened here.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Reading my comment... which was the exact baited phrase your guildie used, just with LotD replacing Crowfall, ruined your day and made your CF experience terrible?

I don't know where your double standards start and your delicate sensitivities end.

You know, I may have passed too early of judgement on you.  You seem to have your head on your shoulders. Take that how you want.

From reading as much as we could find about Crowfall over the past few months, we've uncovered the truth that Crowfall is going to be eerily similar to WoW and is actually following a similar model for success.  How do you guys feel about playing a game that is simply doing what WoW already does?

Don't believe me? Think on it some. :D

We'll cover the answers in this thread on 4/7 on our 8:30pm EST show: http://www.twitch.tv/crownsandcrows

You must have a side job as a Buzzfeed contributor if you're throwing up this kinda clickbait.

ncLez59.png

Post Count +1

You get the wolves...lots of wolves...and sheep that wear armor and have developed an appetite for blood soaked grass - dubanka

Even insects smell good when roasted - a random confessor

WoW brought the MMO to a standard we all know these days, they have invented features we all love.

Crowfall is about to do the same, with a different aproach and new features and mechanics, Crowfall will bring more competition than WoW.

Because when you make a new character on wow you have to do all the same stuff you did on your other char to reach maximum lvl to start the endgame.

Crowfall is fully dynamic since all the worlds are different and every adventure is a new one.

7vqpSHG.png

I mean there are tons of similarities in MMOs in general but what I like about CF is they are changing a lot of what is considered "standard".  To get technical it would be in its own genre.  CF IMO is more similar to other games than WoW.  That in its self is going to bring a new dynamic and will open toward more creativity with many features including rulesets.

Not really. WoW didn't take any chances, all they did was take what was already there and polish the experience. Crowfall is at least trying something that hasn't really been done and taking a risk doing so.

Thats Blizzard's strength. They don't make new concepts, they polish existing concepts really well.

David Sirlin's Balancing Multiplayer Games should be mandatory reading for all gamers.

A lot of the elements of what Crowfall whats to do aren't new at all some of them are very old design elements. What is new is that they haven't been put together properly in an MMO before.

Everything has been done pretty much, inventing new 'elements' that haven't ever been done or described before is like inventing a new color.

Member of The BlackHand Order

One of the most attractive things about Crowfall is that it appears to be the anti-World of Warcraft.  Warcraft has virtually zero customization in both builds and playstyles.  There is no incentive to use another build besides the optimal cookie cutter one that is simming the highest because choosing to stack a different stat or choose a different talent ultimately has no effect on gameplay  WOW's other major flaw is a stale endgame that is just not that attractive to anyone except hardcore raiders who can commit to a rigid raiding schedule (and who still find raiding fun after 8 years of doing it).

PVP is a joke in Warcraft so I won't even bother bringing that up here.  

One of the most attractive things about Crowfall is that it appears to be the anti-World of Warcraft.  Warcraft has virtually zero customization in both builds and playstyles.  There is no incentive to use another build besides the optimal cookie cutter one that is simming the highest because choosing to stack a different stat or choose a different talent ultimately has no effect on gameplay  WOW's other major flaw is a stale endgame that is just not that attractive to anyone except hardcore raiders who can commit to a rigid raiding schedule (and who still find raiding fun after 8 years of doing it).

PVP is a joke in Warcraft so I won't even bother bringing that up here.  

We should not be so hyperbolic.  Obviously wow has a bit of customization in builds and playstyles, it's just the classes are much more defined because it is not a multi class design. 

Also, it's kind of silly when people insult Warcraft's PvP because 99.99% of the people that do that never really played it to a significant point.  Maybe the rest of WoW made it too unpleasent for you to fully explore the PvP, but that doesn't mean you should judge it if you haven't fully experienced it. 

We should not be so hyperbolic.  Obviously wow has a bit of customization in builds and playstyles, it's just the classes are much more defined because it is not a multi class design. 

Also, it's kind of silly when people insult Warcraft's PvP because 99.99% of the people that do that never really played it to a significant point.  Maybe the rest of WoW made it too unpleasent for you to fully explore the PvP, but that doesn't mean you should judge it if you haven't fully experienced it. 

um wow had pvp? I  mean sure it had battle grounds where you let one side win quick then you win, and yada yada and you farmed honor... but pvp?

Thats like saying Huttball was pvp

Edited by Archiebunker82