Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
447ght

What Are Your Hopes For Pve In Crowfall?

What I'm not looking for is the REQUIREMENT of having to interact with PVE mobs to progress through the game.

Well, I'm going to guess that you will need to do some amount of PvE during progression. I don't think you will be able to log in as a brand new character, and ONLY fight other players without fighting any mobs, or harvesting from the environment for supplies.

Well, I'm going to guess that you will need to do some amount of PvE during progression. I don't think you will be able to log in as a brand new character, and ONLY fight other players without fighting any mobs, or harvesting from the environment for supplies.

This has been answered for the brand new players as EK could possibly be a tutorial for those that aren't interested in expanding them. (Of course it will be for those that are too)

Edited by Wotaze

This has been answered for the brand new players as EK could possibly be a tutorial for those that aren't interested in expanding them.

^^^  this.  Do you have the source for this?  I have heard it said a few times (maybe by you?)   But have never been able to locate the source.  Is it a tutorial you are speaking about?  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

^^^ this. Do you have the source for this? I have heard it said a few times (maybe by you?) But have never been able to locate the source. Is it a tutorial you are speaking about?

It was in some interview video

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

It was in some interview video

Do you happen to know which one?   I am not good about watching everyone ( more like none that are not actual CF co vids ) and would like to watch that one.  thanks to anyone that can provide me the link :)

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I want to farm these PvE creatures throughout the seasons and use their claws, beaks, and feathers to make light gliding armor:

2814672-crowfall_hungereffectconcept.jpg

Not!  But, I do love their concept in changing the NPCs with the seasons... and making them more difficult.  By winter, they'll all be like bosses!  Same goes for the hellcat:

102824.jpg

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

Do you happen to know which one?   I am not good about watching everyone ( more like none that are not actual CF co vids ) and would like to watch that one.  thanks to anyone that can provide me the link :)

Try a search in the thread Courant made with the transcribed videos.

[@--(o.O)@]

How can the game be ruined by having MORE attractive features? Come on.

Some of my favorite foods are steak, [warm] peach cobbler, and shrimp gumbo...but if my wife put all three of those in a blender and served it to me saying it will taste better because, "C'mon how could it be ruined."....You think I would eat it?

Some times, things are good or even better than you thought before when left by itself. No fluff, no flair, no extras.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Do you happen to know which one? I am not good about watching everyone ( more like none that are not actual CF co vids ) and would like to watch that one. thanks to anyone that can provide me the link :)

Don't remember.

Have to say, they were not talking a REAL tutorial here.

Just, you know, a place to learn how to control your character, maybe fight a mob or two, before you log into the campaigns

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Thanks to everyone that answered.   I will try and locate it when I don't have peach cobbler on my mind ( and no peaches in the house )   Thanks Primal.  Guess Ima making strawberry turnovers :(

You most certanly can jump right into a Campaign from the start. After character creation you have a choice go to your EK or pick a Campaign and start playing. There is no questing and the game is not level based like a traditional MMO. So yes you can start PvPing the second you're done making your toon.

I'm not for any absolutes. 

Absolutely NO PVE gets you Planetside 2, and that would absolutely kill elements like the hunger mechanic etc.

People harvesting, farming, mining, and crafting is PVE (unless any of you want to RP as a herd of cattle or a tree).

I'm assuming the majority of Crowfall's potential base is actually looking to avoid NPC given quest tasks, mindless grinds and things being on rails (which is broadly called PVE). At the same time, I'd also assume the majority does not wish the game to be stripped down to a drawn out death match w/ KDs and leaderboards. I wouldn't categorize that as an MMORPG.

I think we pretty much all want the same thing, but given the fact that this type of game hasn't really been executed properly EVER we're all apprehensive about the end result. This leads to assumptions, generalizations, overcompensation on wants, etc.

Edited by 8olphCaesar

Check the faq... :P 

2. What is the purpose of a Kingdom and why do I want one? Kingdoms are smaller versions of the Campaign worlds – not just social lobbies. You are the Monarch of this world! You can explore, craft, build structures and even fight monsters… but a Kingdom is limited in terms of difficulty and power.

All accounts are granted a kingdom at the beginning of the game, but using it is not required (…beyond maybe a tutorial? We haven’t decided yet).

We fully expect that some players will prefer to spend the vast majority of their time participating in the Campaign Worlds, and we intend to let them do so without

Personally it needs everything for me to enjoy an mmorpg. Not just pvp, not just crafting, not just exploring, not just pve, not just bosses. I need the complete package. I need just as many non combat things to do as combat things. I want to pvp more than all the others but i won't play a game that is just pure pvp and nothing else. Or i'll just play LoL or an FPS or whatever. I want to live in teh virtual world and do virtual things and kill virtual people and virtual creatures.

Xfj4obT.png

I would just like ti clarify, that he is specifically talking about instanced dungeons.

From another FAQ I am pretty sure there were dungeons mentioned.

But, I guess there could be open world dungeons.

Having to fight in tight spaces with monsters, while having the threat of other players could be fun.

THIS. All I've been sayin'. Plus, Yeah you really are going to have to be fighting mostly NPCs in the earlier seasons, especially in low-import campaigns. Fighting other players won't be profitable early on. Summer is going to be more about scouting the world, gathering resources, and establishing a foothold.

I like PvE content / mobs when it makes sense for the environment, and serves a purpose more than "go grind these things!"

Animals in environments / sizes that make sense -ie: a roaming pack of wolves that will see out sources of food - not 100 wolves standing around the same set of trees

"intelligent" mobs (goblins, minotaur, elves etc....) existing in situations that add to the story of the campaign world.  Refuge camps, forts that could be captured, guarding a portal that could be used for quick travel, goblin raiders stealing supplies, etc...

With Crowfall's ever different campaign worlds, with different rule sets and scenarios and factions - PvE could be used to enhance this as well.

idea for a ruleset influenced with PvE: Maybe there is some NPC that can take over people's minds - they are powerful and are more working secretly in the background of the PvP battles.
Players (and possibly friendly npcs) that run into them, have a chance to be converted.  This creates a new faction thrown into the PvP mix with goals to convert the masses.  By Winter it could be a powerful force in it's own right.

just things like that to enhance the pvp experience and make the worlds feel more alive beyond a simple PvP battleground.

Open world dungeons would also be fantastic.  Much fun was had in UO dungeon crawling - running into an enemy guild and suddenly all hell breaks loose as you are PvPing while Elementals start coming out of the wood works to smash, burn, drown and...tornadofie?  those that woke them up.

I have absolutely no problem with mobs being out in the open. I think they SHOULD be there, and they should drop things that are needed to craft. I think there should be large raid like bosses out in the open that might provide a nice reward for those that can complete it (but nothing that would gate those who won't/can't). I also think mobs should hit hard and provide an extra layer of obstacle to avoid during PVP fights.

What I'm not looking for is the REQUIREMENT of having to interact with PVE mobs to progress through the game.

A world without NPCs and extra curricular activities would be pretty boring. Think about when Planetside 2 is going through low population... that's when ghost capping happens. /logoff.

Read faq post and watch interviews, it addresses all your concerns

That it's neither an impediment to nor a focus of PvP. I don't want to spend my time farming hoping someone will come by and break up the monotony with some PvP. I don't want to spend my time roaming around looking for farming groups to start fights with either.

CF_Osgyth.png

That it's neither an impediment to nor a focus of PvP. I don't want to spend my time farming hoping someone will come by and break up the monotony with some PvP. I don't want to spend my time roaming around looking for farming groups to start fights with either.

How do yoy feel about crafting?