Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
447ght

What Are Your Hopes For Pve In Crowfall?

NPCs should have AI to pretend to be players, so they trick casuals and steal their gear.

Adding that kind of AI will be very expensive and pointless. It is enough to have mobs that will aggro players when they are inside their range of aggro. Mobs are there just to be farmed to get materials for crafting and (when is needed) to do other activities like attacking POI during the escalation of the seasons in game. We don't need to waste part of the budget of the game to improve the npc's AI. There are plenty of games with mobs that have different behaviour, really improved AI, maybe the ppl that want that kind of mobs in the Crowfall need to check those games

Edited by cappaspada

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

Been lurking a little bit. Not sure if I'll play Crowfall or not. I like faction based PvP but not at all interested in FFA or toxic environments. Perfectly fine if Crowfall ends up being "not for me". After reading this thread, I wanted to point out one thing, though. PvE need not at all be easy, boring, unintellegent, static or predictable... especially with todays advancements in A.I.

Don't base your decision to follow or invest in this game based on these forums. Just follow devs and when open beta comes out try that before any final decisions. These forums presume a lot of information and people tend to go off on ludicrous tangents that can scare anyone away.

Adding that kind of AI will be very expensive and pointless. It is enough to have mobs that will aggro players when they are inside their range of aggro. Mobs are there just to be farmed to get materials for crafting and (when is needed) to do other activities like attacking POI during the escalation of the seasons in game. We don't need to waste part of the budget of the game to improve the npc's AI. There are plenty of games with mobs that have different behaviour, really improved AI, maybe the ppl that want that kind of mobs in the Crowfall need to check those games

I'm sure there's plenty of crazy AI programs out there, but I was being sarcastic with that. But my primary point was I'd rather have super AI NPCs rather then your standard wow mobs. Quality over quantity if you will.

I'm sure there's plenty of crazy AI programs out there, but I was being sarcastic with that. But my primary point was I'd rather have super AI NPCs rather then your standard wow mobs. Quality over quantity if you will.

The problem is that we don't need to waste any dollar for PVE. This is a PVP game, they are not developing a PVE game so stop asking something that they already wrote multiple time that will not happen. Most of the people that are here want only PVP. PVE is just a tool needed to reach the point to be able to PVP. Any money wasted trying to improve the PVE aspect of the game is just that: wasted

Maybe they will be able to improve PVE a lot later when the game will be alreay up and running and all the core aspect of the game (PVP) will be ready, tested and working and there will be no more need to work on it but atm speaking about PVE improvement when the game is not ready it is something that must go on a forum of a different game

Edited by cappaspada

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

The problem is that we don't need to waste any dollar for PVE. This is a PVP game, they are not developing a PVE game so stop asking something that they already wrote multiple time that will not happen. Most of the people that are here want only PVP. PVE is just a tool needed to reach the point to be able to PVP. Any money wasted trying to improve the PVE aspect of the game is just that: wasted

Maybe they will be able to improve PVE a lot later when the game will be alreay up and running and all the core aspect of the game (PVP) will be ready, tested and working and there will be no more need to work on it but atm speaking about PVE improvement when the game is not ready it is something that must go on a forum of a different game

I agree, but they already said there will be campaign objectives involving NPCs, I would just like to see them be intelligent. Obviously doing this in a cost-effective manner my be difficult but I don't think impossible.

The way I see it is, one to 3 big huge quests per campaign is probably much more reasonable then making a lot of small-scrub quests, quest hubs etc. Depends on how hard it is for them to implement that sort of thing.

The way I see it is, one to 3 big huge quests per campaign is probably much more reasonable then making a lot of small-scrub quests, quest hubs etc. Depends on how hard it is for them to implement that sort of thing.

Quest 1- Kill enemy players

Quest 2- Survive

Quest 3- Get your resources and gear to the export area.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Well I stand corrected. Or lay corrected actually, as I am in bed right now. I understand the constraints, but the possibilities are broad enough to set my brain working a little too far in the wrong direction.

It's not going to stop me from enjoying the game any. I'm hoping to have quite enough fun killing you all (or having minions do it for me). But really my hopes and dreams for PVE in CF are "it affects the game world, it provides opportunities for PVP and emergent gameplay"

Theres enough variation in the game through campaigns where i think you will find something that will make you happy, i wouldnt worry too much about what there "might or might not be" in the game.

I hope that it's there, and the toxic attitude of some players that PvE = Bad doesn't influence the developers' vision in any way. PvE should be to this game, as much as PvP is to PvE games such as WoW or GW2. There should be a PvE presence that perhaps loosely interacts with the PvP aspect of the game, but ultimately isn't the driving force of it.

The attitude that the game needs to have limited to no PvE or it will ruin the game is just stupid. How can the game be ruined by having MORE attractive features? Come on.

I hope that it's there, and the toxic attitude of some players that PvE = Bad doesn't influence the developers' vision in any way. PvE should be to this game, as much as PvP is to PvE games such as WoW or GW2. There should be a PvE presence that perhaps loosely interacts with the PvP aspect of the game, but ultimately isn't the driving force of it.

The attitude that the game needs to have limited to no PvE or it will ruin the game is just stupid. How can the game be ruined by having MORE attractive features? Come on.

PVE will be a means to an end. Specifically, it's been mentioned it's presence will be used to create world pressure in the later seasons of a campaign world. In addition, NPCs are likely to be used as drops for certain types of crafting materials.

It's pure speculation, but certain boss mobs existed in Shadowbane that dropped Discipline runes. These may make a return. 

But overall, expect PVE to be severely limited. There will be no dungeons. There will be no quests or dailies that require you to slay X enemy or collect Y hides. The players themselves, both hostile and friendly, will be the content.

I'd be up for some Bloodborne boss style encounters. Or some Monster Hunter scale fights. How else are we gonna get the parts to make truly unique looking armors for a Campaign? Kill a Rathalos and get a collection of red scales that I can make into a dozen or so armors and look super cool, and resist fire spells really good for a portion of the current campaign.

PVE will be a means to an end. Specifically, it's been mentioned it's presence will be used to create world pressure in the later seasons of a campaign world. In addition, NPCs are likely to be used as drops for certain types of crafting materials.

It's pure speculation, but certain boss mobs existed in Shadowbane that dropped Discipline runes. These may make a return. 

But overall, expect PVE to be severely limited. There will be no dungeons. There will be no quests or dailies that require you to slay X enemy or collect Y hides. The players themselves, both hostile and friendly, will be the content.

This is pretty much what I would hope for.. Added pressure on top of the PvP aspect, and maybe some harsh encounters for discipline runes. The choice between taking your group out to fight that hard mob in Winter and risk losing a lot to get a discipline rune.. or playing it safe, hoping the other side loses what they have trying to get something rare instead.

No Dungeons?! There should be some dungeons. Some maw of evil spewing forth a miasma of dragon's breath, within laying a dragon.

An empty world would be boring. There are rats even in Eve. But there be no need for endless oceans of mobs as there is no Exp. Dynamically spawned singular big beasts every few acres or small herds of wilderness animal would be just fine. 

No Dungeons?! There should be some dungeons. Some maw of evil spewing forth a miasma of dragon's breath, within laying a dragon.

An empty world would be boring. There are rats even in Eve. But there be no need for endless oceans of mobs as there is no Exp. Dynamically spawned singular big beasts every few acres or small herds of wilderness animal would be just fine. 

From the faq:

7. This sounds like there is lots of Player-versus-Player fighting, what about monsters (Player-versus-Environment)?

There will be monsters in Crowfall – lots of them – but they are intended to raise the general “threat level” of the game, not to be the primary focus.

Crowfall will not have any instanced PvE dungeons and raids, for instance. The Worlds WILL be crawling with monsters and former inhabitants of the Dying Worlds, however.

Players will often need to fight NPC monsters near resource nodes, gain access to points of interest, scavenge for food and equipment, and often to simply survive. Many of these creatures are powerful enough that they will be very challenging to defeat – even for groups players working together.

Faq s are very helpful so one can determine what the Devs have already set in stone.

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Nope.

Instead we're going to get a procedurally built world to smash around like a kid with too much candy while fighting off other players to pick up all the precious metals and go home to make shiny things.

Much cooler than a dragon who poops out a sword after you kill her.

From the faq:

7. This sounds like there is lots of Player-versus-Player fighting, what about monsters (Player-versus-Environment)?

There will be monsters in Crowfall – lots of them – but they are intended to raise the general “threat level” of the game, not to be the primary focus.

Crowfall will not have any instanced PvE dungeons and raids, for instance. The Worlds WILL be crawling with monsters and former inhabitants of the Dying Worlds, however.

Players will often need to fight NPC monsters near resource nodes, gain access to points of interest, scavenge for food and equipment, and often to simply survive. Many of these creatures are powerful enough that they will be very challenging to defeat – even for groups players working together.

Faq s are very helpful so one can determine what the Devs have already set in stone.

I would just like ti clarify, that he is specifically talking about instanced dungeons.

From another FAQ I am pretty sure there were dungeons mentioned.

But, I guess there could be open world dungeons.

Having to fight in tight spaces with monsters, while having the threat of other players could be fun.

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

I would just like ti clarify, that he is specifically talking about instanced dungeons.

From another FAQ I am pretty sure there were dungeons mentioned.

But, I guess there could be open world dungeons.

Having to fight in tight spaces with monsters, while having the threat of other players could be fun.

Right. Open World Dungeons are what I'm expecting anyways. And who said I wanted a magic sword to be pooped by a dead monster? I want to pull it's teeth out of it's skull once it's dead, and shave it's scales off so I can make an axe out of it's teeth and some dragon scale armor. 

Right. Open World Dungeons are what I'm expecting anyways. And who said I wanted a magic sword to be pooped by a dead monster? I want to pull it's teeth out of it's skull once it's dead, and shave it's scales off so I can make an axe out of it's teeth and some dragon scale armor.

As stated in interviews and faq the NPCs in this game will all serve a purpose towards a campaign goal or crafting. They also mentioned thralls tend to linger in death where they lived in life which could be ruins or crypts which one would assume is also inhabited by NPCs. This will probably be the closest you get to your standard "dungeon"

I have absolutely no problem with mobs being out in the open. I think they SHOULD be there, and they should drop things that are needed to craft. I think there should be large raid like bosses out in the open that might provide a nice reward for those that can complete it (but nothing that would gate those who won't/can't). I also think mobs should hit hard and provide an extra layer of obstacle to avoid during PVP fights.

What I'm not looking for is the REQUIREMENT of having to interact with PVE mobs to progress through the game.

A world without NPCs and extra curricular activities would be pretty boring.  Think about when Planetside 2 is going through low population... that's when ghost capping happens. /logoff.