Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plush

Let's Change The Slogan.

I think the slogan is a bit much, "It's like Game of Thrones meets EVE Online". IMO that is a lot to live up to. How about;

"It's a game but not really.. maybe?" or "Another procedurally generated voxel game, but this time it's different."

Based on what information we have, what should Crowfall's true slogan be?

I think the slogan is a bit much, "It's like Game of Thrones meets EVE Online". IMO that is a lot to live up to. How about;

"It's a game but not really.. maybe?" or "Another procedurally generated voxel game, but this time it's different."

Based on what information we have, what should Crowfall's true slogan be?

I've seen posts from devs where they call out comparing to other games as a bad thing.  It kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they do this on the front page.

Screen_Shot_2015_09_13_at_3_04_43_PM.png

Check us out here.

It is a fine line to walk. You want people to support the game, so hyping it up as much as possible is going to get that support. However, at the same time, promising too much, and hyping too much is going to build a game up in people's minds like no other. If you do this, you have a HUGE chance of failing in the large majority of the players' eyes.

If I was a developer, I would definitely let the game do the talking. Hope can only lead to one thing in the gaming world ... and that is disappointment. I am trying to keep as open mind as I can, and even turn a blind eye to some of the hype surrounding the game. I do want it to be amazing, but I also don't want to create a huge unrealistic vision in my head for which it can never live up to.

Good luck with that double edged sword!

Vidrak - Member of

mael4.jpg

"It's like Game of Thrones meets EVE Online" is not the game's slogan. That phrase is properly called the game's "tag line". The game's slogan is "Eternal heroes, dying worlds".

The purpose of a tag line is to quickly communicate your game's value proposition to someone who's not already familiar with it; it's an even shorter version of an elevator pitch. With that in mind, "Game of Thrones meets EVE Online" probably does as good a job of meeting that goal as is possible with a single sentence. It communicates the idea of a fantasy setting full of political intrigue between opposed factions, in a setting where players create the economy, infrastructure, and content rather than leveraging static NPC resources. If you want to replace the tagline, you need to come up with some other immediately recognizable references that communicate the same ideas.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Giving a shout out to my homies with a throwback, PLAY TO CRUSH!

I was about to come in here and say that. Play 2 Crush was nice, it gave me a feeling that this was actually a PVP game.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Giving a shout out to my homies with a throwback, PLAY TO CRUSH!

ya want a throwback?  I'll give ya a throw back.  Bet so many here now, post ks'er have never even seen this:

T8WB9Me.jpg

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Except there is no THRONE.  So calling it "Like Game of Thrones" when there isn't a primary objective that everyone is vying for is going to really confuse people.

And calling it "Like Eve" when Eve's entire selling point is the Uncle Bob scenario, is also going to confuse people.

When describing this game to people, saying "It's like Game of Thrones meets Eve Online" confuses them far more than it explains it.

Honestly, the best explanation I've found is "MOBAs are to RTS as Crowfall is to MMORPG."

For that matter, it should also stop being called an MMORPG, because it has a seriously different core engagement.  It's like Western RPG vs JRPG.  We tend to think of them as one genre, but really we play them for drastically different reasons.

ya want a throwback?  I'll give ya a throw back.  Bet so many here now, post ks'er have never even seen this:

T8WB9Me.jpg

If they would of just kept to this, a lot of the PVE drama probably wouldn't of happened. I'm not sure if they're trying to evolve with the community or if they're just letting people lead each other along for the sake of discussion/time on site.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I've seen posts from devs where they call out comparing to other games as a bad thing.  It kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they do this on the front page.

Did you really see a post where the developers wrote this?

I would be surprised.  :)

If they would of just kept to this, a lot of the PVE drama probably wouldn't of happened. I'm not sure if they're trying to evolve with the community or if they're just letting people lead each other along for the sake of discussion/time on site.

I really think they just do it so people can keep yelling at each other on the forums.

If they would just say 'This game is going to be full on PvP. Period.' That would make for a lot less discusion.

Or perhaps they are staying open to the idea of PvE, which I really hope they aren't.

Edited by suckingdoge

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.

Except there is no THRONE.  So calling it "Like Game of Thrones" when there isn't a primary objective that everyone is vying for is going to really confuse people.

And calling it "Like Eve" when Eve's entire selling point is the Uncle Bob scenario, is also going to confuse people.

When describing this game to people, saying "It's like Game of Thrones meets Eve Online" confuses them far more than it explains it.

Honestly, the best explanation I've found is "MOBAs are to RTS as Crowfall is to MMORPG."

For that matter, it should also stop being called an MMORPG, because it has a seriously different core engagement.  It's like Western RPG vs JRPG.  We tend to think of them as one genre, but really we play them for drastically different reasons.

Have you read the tournament FAQs yet? I suggest you do.

As for the rest of the post, this game is a MMORPG. Any game with character roles where you get to take on the direction of one piece of the overall world's puzzle, and you get to play with a massive amount of other players at the same time in one location, is an MMORPG. It contains elements of other game genres as well, but that doesn't make it less a MMORPG, it just makes it a MMORPTPGCSG.

I really think they just do it so people can keep yelling at each other on the forums.

If they would just say 'This game is going to be full on PvP. Period.' That would make for a lot less discusion.

Or perhaps they are staying open to the idea of PvE, which I really hope they aren't.

That is Tully's life work, explaining that this is a PvP based game... daily.

Edited by Adall

Heh, sometimes when I post that I get the distinct feeling, even though it is an official ACE doc, that I am posting propaganda.   

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Heh, sometimes when I post that I get the distinct feeling, even though it is an official ACE doc, that I am posting propaganda.   

It does look A LOT like propaganda.

Though, in this specific case, it's actually good propaganda.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

A solid quote, I'd say.