Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyjax

Sbemu - How Does It Stack Up Against Magicbane?

I downloaded this poorly made socks today.... I'm not sure what the joy is yet... i walked in a circle for 30 minutes looking for mobs walking at a snails pace trying to move the UI to my liking... Maybe i started in a bad spot but dam..  the pvp better be a blast other wise i think all of you need to re-evaluate what a good mmo is. 

Edited by Archiebunker82

I downloaded this poorly made socks today.... I'm not sure what the joy is yet... i walked in a circle for 30 minutes looking for mobs walking at a snails pace trying to move the UI to my liking... Maybe i started in a bad spot but dam..  the pvp better be a blast other wise i think all of you need to re-evaluate what a good mmo is. 

Oh lord you poor man.

Which emulator, the SBEMU or Magicbane.  You might be the first new meat in years.  I don't even know of anyone playing either but someone here will hook you up with a guild and gear.  also there is a run toggle at the bottom corner and there is also a power called "traveling stance" that will make you about 10X faster.

Which emulator, the SBEMU or Magicbane.  You might be the first new meat in years.  I don't even know of anyone playing either but someone here will hook you up with a guild and gear.  also there is a run toggle at the bottom corner and there is also a power called "traveling stance" that will make you about 10X faster.

Yeah, started to get some of that down there. CLick to move is... a beast lol.. the Sbemu  i just wanted to get a feel for what everone was talking about.. i have to be honest just the options in the building your toon was nice havent seen options like that in well.. any game other then DnD.

We tried hard to get the Wiz 101 players to try it to no avail.

I really doubt that any new player will like Shadowbane. To be able to feel something like that you need to play it for some days, find a guild, do some group fight and maybe some banes. I can't see anyone new to game today play it for more than 1 hour

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

I really doubt that any new player will like Shadowbane. To be able to feel something like that you need to play it for some days, find a guild, do some group fight and maybe some banes. I can't see anyone new to game today play it for more than 1 hour

Like? eh i just wanted to see what the hype is/was... when Shadowbane came out i was so into Daoc the idea of playing another game never crossed my mind.. :)

Like? eh i just wanted to see what the hype is/was... when Shadowbane came out i was so into Daoc the idea of playing another game never crossed my mind.. :)

It is the same. To understand what is Shadowbane for many of us you need to play it. Play it mean that you need to be involved in the game and you can't if you don't stick there for some days. If you are able to stick for some days you will not able to dislike it even if on both emu's you will see only part of what was Shadowbane on live (obviously you need to be one of the kind that like pvp , if you are a pver you will hate it )

I did the same thing with Daoc. One of my guildmate from Warhammer Online tried so hard to make me trying the game (not sure if on a free shard or something like that) that i did it and (obviously) i was not able to stay in game for more than 1 hour

I just hope that after all this years of waiting Crowfall will be the game that will make me think that Shadowbane was just a good game with bad graphic and that is not worth playing it  now or just speaking about it, till now a lot of AAA games tried and failed badly for me

Edited by cappaspada

Se un uomo non è disposto a lottare per le proprie idee, o le sue idee non valgono nulla o non vale nulla lui. EZRA POUND

MEMENTO AUDERE SEMPER

anyone got a community account on sbemu you can just give him? He's trying the hard way, might as well hook him up.

No, its really Ok. .i Dont have alot of time right now to invest in a game.. .work,school, preggo wife, and building a guild! :) i just wanted to get a feel for the flow of the game ill play some more on it this weekend when im off. 

Yeah, started to get some of that down there. CLick to move is... a beast lol.. the Sbemu  i just wanted to get a feel for what everone was talking about.. i have to be honest just the options in the building your toon was nice havent seen options like that in well.. any game other then DnD.

the pve gameplay win sb will make your eyes bleed.

the goal is

a) get off noob island around 15

B) get in a macro group

c) go to bed

d) wake up L60

e) get in expac isles macro group\

f) go to bed

g) wake up 75

e) get someone to give you gear

h) go burn down someones house.

thhat can all occur, pretty easily, within a weekend.

the 'toon development' process is pretty damned mind numbing as is best avoided to the greatest extent possible.

Actually if you're talking about the SBEmu, their goofy rules have changed the leveling process to be more efficient:

1) Form Chinese zerg

2) Go fight other Chinese zergs

3) Hit level 75 from stupid amounts of PVP xp

Holams town? A catalyst; one might even call it the final nail in the coffin for the CR alliance.

By attacking that city, CR made the fatal mistake of stirring the hornets nest. On the subject of numbers - they were not very uneven at all. One need only view the videos like this as evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Tq2HFmoVE

Edit: Matt posted the same video I did, regardless, another thing to add is how the whingers added bashbots to our count of 'actives' at every bane, painstakingly counting every character as if bashbots are indicative of active numbers. ha

Spin how you like. We burned your tree (you've misstated this twice) and you then you allied with your supposed arch-enemy, Validation, as well as China and came after us. And you really performed poorly even then.

And then, if I'm remembering right, on the very next server ... one with a hard 2 box limit, we came at Validouches and burned their asses down even numbers. 

Is that about right Vandarr?