Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyjax

Sbemu - How Does It Stack Up Against Magicbane?

Without addressing any contentions about the actual identities of the rooskie sukas that run MB, Papah and Quietus don't have any standing association with WM. Those who continue to invoke this as some excuse for avoiding MB are merely rationalizing their fear of confronting WM on the server.

During the few times that Papah has played MB, post-alpha, he has actually done so in non-WM guilds.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

... excuse for avoiding MB are merely rationalizing their fear of confronting WM on the server.

Seriously?  Fear.  To play against the same people everyone has played against for years on a bad version of a dead game?  Fear?

Ok.

I'm actually embarrassed for everyone still playing and the ludicrous arguments of EMU politics.  You poor souls need CF more than anyone.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Without addressing any contentions about the actual identities of the rooskie sukas that run MB, Papah and Quietus don't have any standing association with WM. Those who continue to invoke this as some excuse for avoiding MB are merely rationalizing their fear of confronting WM on the server.

During the few times that Papah has played MB, post-alpha, he has actually done so in non-WM guilds.

Given the whole shroud of secrecy surrounding MB how can anyone trust this to be true? Quietus is a big fan of government conspiracies, so I'm sure wherever he may be he is taking joy from in being at the center of one.

ncLez59.png

Seriously?  Fear.  To play against the same people everyone has played against for years on a bad version of a dead game?  Fear?

Ok.

I'm actually embarrassed for everyone still playing and the ludicrous arguments of EMU politics.  You poor souls need CF more than anyone.

Yea, just playing an absurdly watered down money grab version of SB is less embarrassing.  Enjoy spending 90 dollars for your medium keep in your safe EK.  Nerd.  Oh wait, you wanna show me whose boss?  Too bad you can't.  Maybe you can come do some 20v20 wolf campaign and, uh, play capture the flag with me.  Yea, turnt me up.

Edited by frobobo

Yea, just playing an absurdly watered down money grab version of SB is less embarrassing.  Enjoy spending 90 dollars for your medium keep in your safe EK.  Nerd.  Oh wait, you wanna show me whose boss?  Too bad you can't.  Maybe you can come do some 20v20 wolf campaign and, uh, play capture the flag with me.  Yea, turnt me up.

MY GAME IS BETTER THAN YOUR GAME

ncLez59.png

Ok.

Believe it or not, the statement does apply to certain parties, at least in my view. It doesn't make sense for some to state that they wish to play Shadowbane again on a stable Shadowbane server, and then that they absolutely refuse to play MB. A typical rationale provided for the refusal is that "MB is WM's playground," "MB has WM as salesmen," or some other excuse that involves an imagined relationship between WM and MB.

Given the whole shroud of secrecy surrounding MB how can anyone trust this to be true? Quietus is a big fan of government conspiracies, so I'm sure wherever he may be he is taking joy from in being at the center of one.

I wouldn't bother making the point if it weren't true. You don't have to regard me as credible on that point if you prefer, I don't really care.

Aside from that, it would be almost impossible for WM to maintain secrecy re: Papah or Quietus playing within their guild, if that were indeed the case. WM has used an open Ventrilo server for years, with the same IP that is publicized regularly, and even their adversaries often visit. No one has even made an accusation of this nature for as long as I can remember. The funny thing is that WM doesn't really have many secrets, if any.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

you can even see WM's vent on the front of their webpage. and I have access to their forums, no russian conspiracy answers there. But yeah, MaT's right. When people say "i wish i could play shadowbane again" and then ignore either emu, it's more like they wish they had a time machine. And I'd do more with a time machine than play shadowbane.

If I had a box just for wishes and dreams that had never come true the box would be empty except for the memory of how they were answered by SBEmu.

IhhQKY6.gif

Starfish is a WM plant IMO.

Rewen is also WM.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Alyriel, everyone is WM. They just don't know it yet. Resistance is futitle.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Pretty exciting actually. We'll have Drogenn give you the full tour.

SWrkfdj.jpg

What if the server is ran by someone from QFT or someone from Wolfpack who doesn't want their name attached to the product? It'd make sense to shroud it in secrecy and just give a product that works. I mean, I'd probably eat my shoe if it was someone like Growart the sweater king but hell, it's a working stable server experience. The dev(s) don't seem to stick their hands in the cookie jar and therefore there's nothing to hate on. No ammo to troll with in that regard. People cling to reputations too much.

I've always thought that whoever did MB wouldn't want their names attached to the project. Like Bardiel said, someone from WP would definitely face litlgation if they did so. The community just focuses on Q&P because they wouldn't know any WP people. I mean, it's more likely that it's Q&P I guess based on what I know about the schism between projects, but whoever it was wanted the emu to focus on the stability. I'm guessing they saw the goofiness coming since they tried to keep SB old school.

Cool! I love tours. And how is Xemise? I havent heard from him in too long.

Xemise has been permenantly banned for posting the first WM recruitment thread in the Guild subforums.

SWrkfdj.jpg

WE WONT PLAY ON THAT SERVER BRO WE DONT TRUST THEM BRO OR WAIT NM WE JUST WONT PLAY BECAUSE WE SUCK AND KNOW WELL GET POUNDED MERCILESSLY

stop deluding yourselves and see your own fear of getting owned in game for what it is