Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyjax

Sbemu - How Does It Stack Up Against Magicbane?

Pretending?

Yes, the Russians are just a persona. Here's Tybalt on the manner:

Anywho, since it's Monday, I got some free time on my hands I'll clear some stuff up. Regardless if/when this account gets banned, I hope this gets out to those whom have been going back and forth over this obviously confusing situation.

After I left the project I was asked to worked for a new project with Murray, Quietus, Xemise and I'm going to leave the other person out of this for the sake of us actually still being friends. 
This "new" project was called "Chronicles of Strife", the server/web address/and basically anything legal was physically located in Canada, thus allowing us to avoid the copyright laws here in the US. Murray asked me to find another programmer because he was obviously getting burned out, since at this time Quietus mysteriously disappeared. I didn't know why until I was contacted by, surprise, surprise Magicbane.
Magicbane is running on actually a mixture of code. At the time I just CoS (Chronicles of Strife) Murray and Quietus were further along than SBEmu. Papah, and Quietus both had access to both versions of the code and Papah simply worked from there. As far as my involvement with Magicbane, it was only in an advisory role to help them off the ground. I work 50+ hours a week, have a mortgage, girlfriend, 2 dogs and am still paying off my other house in San Jose. I don't simply have the time to be running around running emulators.
Don't believe me? For what it's worth here's a link to my LinkedIn account: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/james-garcia/39/475/225
So who running is Magicbane? Let's start with who it's not. Not Murray, not myself (to an extent, that's if you consider the initial advisory role when they booted up.
I've put this whole situation behind me a while ago. I've had the satisfaction of knowing every concern I brought up to the admins when I was removed has come to fruition. I have access to over 100+ computers with 100+ ip address' (i.e. my job) so the mods can continue to ban me but I assure you I don't have any ill will to this emulator, I just disagree with how they are going about running it. Banning me is just a waste of about 75seconds to me. I have enough ip address's without using TOR.
I'm going to leave it at this for now. If you'd like to know the full story feel free to email me at tybalttest11@outlook.com or feel free to add me on LinkedIn, and I'll fill in where necessary. I assure you I'm the only unbias member of the SB community that knows the whole story about how Magicbane came to be.
This charade of getting my account banned and having to remake it is kind of ridiculous. Your never going to get me to go away completely and I'm a better ally than an enemy. Up to the Admins. I'm holding out an olive branch. Please unban my original Tybalt account and maybe we can clear everything up for the sake of the "transparency" you've been preaching for the last 8 years. Feel free to dig up that post in the admin boards in which I stated my concerns and was ostracized afterwards and compare them to what you've accomplished now.
Kudos to those whom have been able to keep a level head through all of this, you know who you are.
So all in all, you can be adults, we can both admit out mistakes and move forward to maybe getting to a point to where the populations aren't split, because I can make that happen. We'll see, I'm pretty sure I know what the answer is, just would like to see if anything has changed or more importantly whom have matured in the 15+mo I've been away from this project.
And you but a taboo Murray style on my log in name? Wow, lol. Never thought you'd actually turn into Murray.

ncLez59.png

This from sbemu or magicbane?

MB. The two are interrelated though as some people formerly working on SBEmu used the code repository from that project to jump start MB. As someone that played SB with Quietus for two to three years, the Russian persona thing is right up his alley. He used to enjoy making fake personas on the UBI forums after he was banned. Not sure if he's still involved in the project in any capacity, but the Russian personas could really be operated by anyone at this point. It's all a bunch of silliness.

ncLez59.png

Meh, I have less interest in crowfall than the emulators at this point.  Everything about this game just screams some e-sport skirmish simulator.  Their latest siege update is just one more nail in the coffin for me.  Frilly victory points and capture the flag games with cities going vulnerable once a week or some crap.  It seems it will have none of the magic shadowbane did (which, apparently, was by total accident and not by design).

So, let it not die.  Magicbane wipe should be interesting, and I'll probably return for that.

Edited by frobobo

Lets be honest, Sbemu would be far better served if they gave up the colored name beurocracy and just pretended to be Russians.

Vladmir

CRT Member

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

The real answer is let it die.

If there was something else as good to play right now till CF, then we would.

Sadly, there isn't anything out worth a damn for guild pvp.

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

The real answer is let it die.

I don't really care as I don't play, nor have ever played on either emulator. I was just pointing out why the two projects ever merging is unrealistic. Even aside from the accusations of 'stealing code', they have diametrically opposed views on community management. 

ncLez59.png

We all knew it wasn't Russians. No one playing there believes the story. It's so hokey it's got to be fake. No one really cares who is behind the curtain. Could be Starfish for all we know.

So thats why Starfish has been too busy to return my calls recently.

PFq3vWQ.png

My favorite part was when Tybalt then went to the Magicbane forums and attempted to lick some pooper, probably to try and GET on the team.

That guy is a snake and no one believes anything he has to say after how he handled himself over at SBEmu.

Is he trying to communicate with us from a different dimension?

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

We all knew it wasn't Russians. No one playing there believes the story. It's so hokey it's got to be fake. No one really cares who is behind the curtain. Could be Starfish for all we know.

That would be the turn of turns. I wonder what the MB community would do if that happend lol....would be dead silence.

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

That would be the turn of turns. I wonder what the MB community would do if that happend lol....would be dead silence.

The shock wouldn't be so bad on the MB side. People would complain louder, but I think the real shock would be on the sbemu side. That MB gets the stability while sbemu does not.

Goofybane isnt shadowbane anymore, there is only one shadowbane emulator currently.

Truth is the truth, SBEMU had a chance at one point but threw it away with the goofy nonsense and taking a piss poor stance on the chinese question.

Best player on an individual basis was probably Byr. Yoink was really good too. I know Moco, Phearlo and a few other guys are pretty damn good too.

Best large scale siege commander would be Damebix or Alittle. There were a lot of good ones, but all around, those two are the best I can remember. Probably helped that we had a strong core, but sometimes a siege is like herding cats. It'll try anyone's patience. You kind of need a mix of tolerance for error and intolerance for fools, at the same time. One thing every good siege commander I've ever seen (Skorp, Dame, Ralc, Alittle, Dubanka, Shadey, Arnie, Bry from what I've heard, and too many others to name) had in common was that they do not suffer fools. Screw around in a siege environment and you'd get booted from nation so fast you wouldn't even have time to digest the reason.

Best character / spec builder would probably be Ralcor. That kind of OCD is just hard to teach. It's also my strong point, but Ralc was probably a better.

Best spy I'd have to think about, but SB has seen some great ones.

yeah, so hella good you couldnt even come close to winning an offensive bane against wehrmacht in the goofy wars