Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyjax

Sbemu - How Does It Stack Up Against Magicbane?

oh I remember. holams town was the catalyst for the cr/Wm split right?

Your memory sucks, Cash. :)

Phylor subbed WM because Validation/Exalted fielded more in a def bane than WM and CR combined. It lasted all of 5? days.

CF_Van.png

Just a note: you did not sub wehrmacht, it was merely a small number of players who joined up whilst our leadership was inactive due to starfish literally turning off banes until around that point.

Goofybane isnt shadowbane anymore, there is only one shadowbane emulator currently.

Truth is the truth, SBEMU had a chance at one point but threw it away with the goofy nonsense and taking a piss poor stance on the chinese question.

some people gripe about not enough population...then mb server halves its population by blocking asians? It makes no sense.

ezgzn8.jpg

Just a note: you did not sub wehrmacht, it was merely a small number of players who joined up whilst our leadership was inactive due to starfish literally turning off banes until around that point.

You are right, there was no subbing but we were allied up for that epic 56 bro ss

X6RBqg7.gif

some people bugger about not enough population...then mb server halves its population by blocking asians? It makes no sense.

Yes it does. Asian players clump together like used kitty litter. Short-term gains in population would be counteracted by long-term losses from the resultant zerging.

ncLez59.png

And realistically, you have to see where the loss in pop is. The biggest complainers of the loss of Asians are the European players as they don't have anyone to kill. But those are 5 man crews or less that would've been wrecked at those same hours with CN groups of 10 at chims, camping their city, oblivion, server up runes, etc. Also, Magicbane actually saw a primetime population increase after the Chinese were banned from MB.

The Chinese dropped 20 banes to go live on Thanskgiving and another 20 banes to go live New Year's Eve. Their actions reduced population on its own. The only real loss felt by losing China was from Manshoon and Ween in ZK. They lost their protective overlords.

ah, the disabling of banes. That was a good patch. Amazing still that you guys sit through all of those bugs.

I haven't played over there in a while. Haven't played mb in a while either. I was going To log in for the bane the other day but didn't have time.

X6RBqg7.gif

I haven't played over there in a while. Haven't played mb in a while either. I was going To log in for the bane the other day but didn't have time.

yeah, saw your 50-60 hour week post on sbemu. word on the street is it's better. After 2 years, I'd hope so. Still not on that MB level. Been thinking I might quit after MB's next server up.

Yes, you zerged a WM tree defended by about a group, and then proceeded to lose that tree and numerous others subsequently. I honestly lost count of how many trees I was sitting on when that server ended. Even had the admin cities with their cheatz spires.

We fought CN in more banes than any other nation on the server. My own Reptilluminati city was baned on a weekly basis by NZSP, and after each of their losses they simply added another group to their next bane. We also fought the entirety of CN, alone, in several banes. You actually dropped the offensive bane on Holam's town while we were fighting the entirety of CN by ourselves. Don't pretend that you were fighting CN in its entirety because ReTuNe and HYDETADE were jackasses who thought it was hilarious to summon in a few Group 1 scrubs to banes. I may have missed one or two of those banes total, yet I had never seen more than 3 or 4 G1 characters in any of them. Let's also not forget that you brought those Polanie/Sinister Sabotage gimps to assist you in a number of those banes.

The guild that was always most cozy with CN was Validation. I would have of course preferred that no G1 showed to any of those banes, but I was never in control of the Validation scrubs.

Anyway, fun times.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

WM can't talk any poorly made socks whatsoever about zerging the hell out of anything.

that last round of on emu, when we finally had a shot at you even numbers ~2g v ~2g, you went and allied with the lobster tag to save your pixels. 

it was disappointing, with as much poo that yall spew about your awesomeness...I just can't say i've seen it.

In the previous version of Emu (around the Holam tree incident)...yes, you 'won'...if you consider taking 3 months, and 3-4 bane attempts per 'win', despite allying with everyone that could stomach chets crap and consistently rolling with a 3+:2 numbers advantage on the field. I mean if you bring 60 to fight 40, you should win most of the time. You didn't come close.

MaT I like how you conveniently forgot about us offering to no show the bane on Holam's town and have a bane at a later date or the fact that our alliance was only against validation and Chinese for banes. You can't say with a straight face that you fought the entirety of cn by yourself because you allied with CN and they are the only reason we lost trees at all.

GG

X6RBqg7.gif

Yep yep. My mistake.

Between WM and Get Good, they made up nearly half of the infamous 56 bros screenshot, but WM as a guild was not subbed. Get Good was a WM sub, and I believe Phylor subbed them, which is why I made the error.

Yes, you zerged a WM tree defended by about a group, and then proceeded to lose that tree and numerous others subsequently. I honestly lost count of how many trees I was sitting on when that server ended. Even had the admin cities with their cheatz spires.

We fought CN in more banes than any other nation on the server. My own Reptilluminati city was baned on a weekly basis by NZSP, and after each of their losses they simply added another group to their next bane. We also fought the entirety of CN, alone, in several banes. You actually dropped the offensive bane on Holam's town while we were fighting the entirety of CN by ourselves. Don't pretend that you were fighting CN in its entirety because ReTuNe and HYDETADE were jackasses who thought it was hilarious to summon in a few Group 1 scrubs to banes. I may have missed one or two of those banes total, yet I had never seen more than 3 or 4 G1 characters in any of them. Let's also not forget that you brought those Polanie/Sinister Sabotage gimps to assist you in a number of those banes.

The guild that was always most cozy with CN was Validation. I would have of course preferred that no G1 showed to any of those banes, but I was never in control of the Validation scrubs.

Anyway, fun times.

Your pants are still on fire. You might want to take care of that before it burns your e-peen off.

EDIT: For fun, here's a screenshot of the first rock y'all dropped after losing Holam's town.

winterbladesdefensive-11CNwithMaT.jpg

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

WM can't talk any poorly made socks whatsoever about zerging the hell out of anything.

that last round of on emu, when we finally had a shot at you even numbers ~2g v ~2g, you went and allied with the lobster tag to save your pixels. 

it was disappointing, with as much poo that yall spew about your awesomeness...I just can't say i've seen it.

In the previous version of Emu (around the Holam tree incident)...yes, you 'won'...if you consider taking 3 months, and 3-4 bane attempts per 'win', despite allying with everyone that could stomach chets crap and consistently rolling with a 3+:2 numbers advantage on the field. I mean if you bring 60 to fight 40, you should win most of the time. You didn't come close.

The bane war was even numbers. The bottom line is this - you had 4-5 grps, Wehrmacht with our allies fielded max 4 for one bane, and usually sub-4 afterwards.

The number of bane attempts to take a town is irrelevant, what matters is how many we took which numbered over 4. How many did you take? Zilch.