Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyjax

Sbemu - How Does It Stack Up Against Magicbane?

The bane war was even numbers. The bottom line is this - you had 4-5 grps, Wehrmacht with our allies fielded max 4 for one bane, and usually sub-4 afterwards.

The number of bane attempts to take a town is irrelevant, what matters is how many we took which numbered over 4. How many did you take? Zilch.

Even Caliman never downplayed his numbers that badly.

CF_Van.png

WM can't talk any poorly made socks whatsoever about zerging the hell out of anything.

that last round of on emu, when we finally had a shot at you even numbers ~2g v ~2g, you went and allied with the lobster tag to save your pixels. 

it was disappointing, with as much poo that yall spew about your awesomeness...I just can't say i've seen it.

In the previous version of Emu (around the Holam tree incident)...yes, you 'won'...if you consider taking 3 months, and 3-4 bane attempts per 'win', despite allying with everyone that could stomach chets crap and consistently rolling with a 3+:2 numbers advantage on the field. I mean if you bring 60 to fight 40, you should win most of the time. You didn't come close.

You were truly living in a different dimension if you thought the bane on Holam's tree involved even numbers. CR was bringing 3 groups minimum to all of their banes after you subbed SD. We only had about a group of people on for the defense of Holam's city, and that bane was dropped at the exact same time that CN chain baned a bunch of our cities. That weekend we fought something like 5-6 banes, with the one against CR being the last of that weekend. By that point, it virtually goes without saying that a number of our players were tired of getting zerged.

MaT I like how you conveniently forgot about us offering to no show the bane on Holam's town and have a bane at a later date or the fact that our alliance was only against validation and Chinese for banes. You can't say with a straight face that you fought the entirety of cn by yourself because you allied with CN and they are the only reason we lost trees at all.

GG

Let's establish the nomenclature here so that there is no confusion. "CN" refers to two different nations: NZSP and HoD. When I say that we fought all of CN, I mean that we fought all of CN, i.e., NZSP + HoD. When you say that we allied with "CN," really you're just referring to Group 1. They were Validation's allies, not ours, and they hardly even participated. Peekachew still has 2 videos from that bane war uploaded and you can clearly see the lack of Group 1 presence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Tq2HFmoVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5MLkZgGtWg

In the first vid, you'll maybe see 1 or 2 G1 if you're lucky, and at least a group if not more of the Polanie/Sinister Sabotage "Retribution" nation you aligned with. In the second vid, I can't find a single G1.

Needless to say, claiming that we used "CN" against you when, in fact, we used a few members from the smallest CN guild that then existed is a bit of a stretch.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

Holams town? A catalyst; one might even call it the final nail in the coffin for the CR alliance.

By attacking that city, CR made the fatal mistake of stirring the hornets nest. On the subject of numbers - they were not very uneven at all. One need only view the videos like this as evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Tq2HFmoVE

Edit: Matt posted the same video I did, regardless, another thing to add is how the whingers added bashbots to our count of 'actives' at every bane, painstakingly counting every character as if bashbots are indicative of active numbers. ha

Edited by spank99

Also, 3 months and 3-4 bane attempts per town? That bane war lasted about a month at best, and I doubt that even. I don't think that the Aerynth phase even had working banes for 3 months in the aggregate.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

The bane war was even numbers. The bottom line is this - you had 4-5 grps, Wehrmacht with our allies fielded max 4 for one bane, and usually sub-4 afterwards.

The number of bane attempts to take a town is irrelevant, what matters is how many we took which numbered over 4. How many did you take? Zilch.

i guess perception is a muthercustard.

we rarely filled 4 groups, outside of the one instance where we had two groups of WM subs subbed to cr during that one bane.

quick math.

if 1 group = 10 toons

and wm and 2 groups attached during the '56 bros incident'

how many would that leave after they detached and reformed with wm?

that's right class, 36.

and yes, i realize that some of those 2 groups were bots, just as some of the 36 were bots.

so, CR's numbers were 3-4 groups on the field.

If by your 'even numbers' comment that would mean your own estimate was 5-6 groups of wm & friends. 5-6 : 4-3, falls right in line with the 3+:2 numbers advantage i stated you carried during the day.

It is borderline impossible to take a town against a competent opponent that outnumbers you. WM was a competent opponent. WM outnumbered us by a decent number at every bane engagement. Outside of the holam town incident, where CR did outnumber the defenders by 2:1 (4 groups on field vs. 2 groups defending), every other engagement CR was outnumbered by the defenders.

you should have won.

you did.

congratulations.

5-6 groups on the offense vs. 3-4 on the defense, especially with the emu's wonky treb damage/lack of wall equipment, you should have won...except you didn't win nearly as often as you should have.

and in the following build, you took every opportunity to thump your chest, yet when your numbers finally dropped to the point where we could get a fight against you with even numbers, you subbed to the server zerg to save your pixels. that is legacy material there i tell ya.

Edited by dubanka

and in the following build, you took every opportunity to thump your chest, yet when your numbers finally dropped to the point where we could get a fight against you with even numbers, you subbed to the server zerg to save your pixels. that is legacy material there i tell ya.

I think that much of the rest of your post is actually fair, but what are you talking about here? In the following build, much of the WM core was banned from the emulator by Starfish after WM reformed itself (the so-called "promise breaking" fiasco). This happened in the first week of server-up if I recall correctly. About a week later (a week and a half tops), WM migrated to MB. WM didn't get to exist as it existed in the previous build for more than a day, as my crew was banned almost immediately.

4H4LmCE.gif

We already trounced you even numbers, you lost a defensive war pretty hard and actually subbed all the europeans on the server and that still didnt work to protect ya pixels when you outnumbered us at some of the 5 pm EST banes.

Bottom line, do not stir the hornets nest otherwise ya get stung, johnny.

You guys even zerg the boards. :D

Count the number of CR posters in the past two pages or so when this issue was raised, then count the number of WM posters and get back to me.

Just like with the Aerynth phase of the SBEMU beta, CR itself zergs but then cries "zerg" anyway. :D

I realize that my board presence alone accounts for about twenty average posters, but let's not get too confused here. I'm just one guy.

Actually, I guess that goes for my in-game presence as well, which surely explains much of your confusion regarding the issue of bane numbers.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Also, 3 months and 3-4 bane attempts per town? That bane war lasted about a month at best, and I doubt that even. I don't think that the Aerynth phase even had working banes for 3 months in the aggregate.

A month from Holam's town to the end of that server build is about right. Of course, Dubs may also be including the half dozen times we had banes against CN that you conveniently crashed prior to that.

7 Sept CN and Validation take your town of Reptilluminati.

8 Sept. We take Holam's town

7 October, we had an offensive on one of your UDI towns

CF_Van.png

Count the number of CR posters in the past two pages or so when this issue was raised, then count the number of WM posters and get back to me.

Just like with the Aerynth phase of the SBEMU beta, CR itself zergs but then cries "zerg" anyway. :D

I realize that my board presence alone accounts for about twenty average posters, but let's not get too confused here. I'm just one guy.

Actually, I guess that goes for my in-game presence as well, which surely explains much of your confusion regarding the issue of bane numbers.

It was a joke.

As for the number of CR posters in the last 2 pages, Cash is the only one.

As for CN vs. Group 1, Group 1 had the white mace on a black field as their crest. Note the two screenshots from what are clearly two different sieges. That's not G1 beside you, and it's not 1-2 guys.

Wow-1.jpg

winterbladesdefensive-11CNwithMaT.jpg

CF_Van.png

Regardless of the who zerged whom at where claims, that was one fun server iteration. Normally, I would consider a summer where I played a lot of SB totally wasted, but I had a blast.

4H4LmCE.gif

It was a joke.

As for the number of CR posters in the last 2 pages, Cash is the only one.

That's a seriously weak dodge based on semantics. It should be clear that I'm referring to the people who played with the "CR" nation during that phase of the Beta, and not merely just "CR" proper players now. Better count again.

Anyway, those screenshots show G1 under the NZSP nation. It's still not all of CN. So you have two screenshots from two banes where NZSP actually made some sort of contribution. I posted two videos where it's quite clear the NZSP presence was virtually nil. In the one video you can also see a ton of "Retribution" members assisting CR; that's an offensive bane that we won (thanks for the city) wherein G1/NZSP's presence was scant. I suppose we're just going to have to agree to disagree. My contention is that G1/NZSP weren't much of a factor in the vast majority of offensive banes where we won, but keep claiming we defeated you and your Euro zerg with "CN" if that keeps your egos from shattering. From the looks of it, G1/NZSP brought a few in the first few banes with their participation dropping off completely in the later banes. It's also quite clear that you more than evened the odds when you started to bring in the Polanie/Sinister Sabotage/"Retribution" crew to assist you.

Hell, there were a few offensive banes where Validation only brought a few guys total.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

This thread is about giving players props not rehashing old poorly made argyle socks bane wars.

WM, I give you props that you are willing to do whatever it takes to win. The end. Move on.

CF_Karg.png

That's a seriously weak dodge based on semantics. It should be clear that I'm referring to the people who played with the "CR" nation during that phase of the Beta, and not merely just "CR" proper players now. Better count again.

I know it's a weak argument. It's the same argument that you are making, which was the point. You take credit for the victories but downplay the role your allies played. Let's be clear - without them, you win none of those banes.

Anyway, those screenshots show G1 under the NZSP nation. It's still not all of CN. So you have two screenshots from two banes where NZSP actually made some sort of contribution. I posted two videos where it's quite clear the NZSP presence was virtually nil. In the one video you can also see a ton of "Retribution" members assisting CR; that's an offensive bane that we won (thanks for the city) wherein G1/NZSP's presence was scant. I suppose we're just going to have to agree to disagree. My contention is that G1/NZSP weren't much of a factor in the vast majority of offensive banes where we won, but keep claiming we defeated you and your Euro zerg with "CN" if that keeps your egos from shattering. From the looks of it, G1/NZSP brought a few in the first few banes with their participation dropping off completely in the later banes. It's also quite clear that you more than evened the odds when you started to bring in the Polanie/Sinister Sabotage/"Retribution" crew to assist you.

Hell, there were a few offensive banes where Validation only brought a few guys total.

We've covered this material before. Your selective memory doesn't change the facts. I do find it humorous that you post a video

that you use as evidence that you had no CN help, yet they get credit in the opening title.

Note that both of your videos were defensive banes on your part. Can you name the town you took without less than a group of CN? I can't.

CF_Van.png