Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyjax

Sbemu - How Does It Stack Up Against Magicbane?

I know it's a weak argument. It's the same argument that you are making, which was the point. You take credit for the victories but downplay the role your allies played. Let's be clear - without them, you win none of those banes.

I think by acknowledging them as allies we are defining their role;  you keep referring to them in a xenophobic racist manner, CN, while MaT keeps expressing that it wasn't all of the CHINA and gives examples of which guilds we were allied with.  Stop hiding your racism bromego, even a man of your low born convictions should know better than to label people without abandon. 

If it matters when WM talks about guilds fighting us, the only guild that gets praise is CR.  You are the only NA/EU guild to really stand against us but it should be noted that you needed to drop more stones that fight, it felt a little one sided.  You also fail to mention that while you did take Holams town on UDI you failed to keep it for more than 2 weeks and never took back any of the cities we took from you.  The fights were fun and that atr cut spire combined with the vamp xbows worked well until we finally countered it with shade dagger thiefs and some fury aoe blinds but up until then it did throw a wrench in our normal mino bane spec.   

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I think by acknowledging them as allies we are defining their role;  you keep referring to them in a xenophobic racist manner, CN, while MaT keeps expressing that it wasn't all of the CHINA and gives examples of which guilds we were allied with.  Stop hiding your racism bromego, even a man of your low born convictions should know better than to label people without abandon. 

If it matters when WM talks about guilds fighting us, the only guild that gets praise is CR.  You are the only NA/EU guild to really stand against us but it should be noted that you needed to drop more stones that fight, it felt a little one sided.  You also fail to mention that while you did take Holams town on UDI you failed to keep it for more than 2 weeks and never took back any of the cities we took from you.  The fights were fun and that atr cut spire combined with the vamp xbows worked well until we finally countered it with shade dagger thiefs and some fury aoe blinds but up until then it did throw a wrench in our normal mino bane spec.   

i have always loved the CN = racism line. I fail to see how referring to a group of in game guilds, who have a tendency display hegemonic behavior amongst themselves, and have, at various times defined themselves by the guild tag of CN, is racism...Also, that CN (obviously) references a country, players of a geographic area, not the racial/cultural makeup of whoever is playing there. ANYWAY.

CR stopped dropping banes because we could only put a max of 4 groups on the field against an opponent who could put 5-6+. As i've said, unless your opponent is incompetent, which wm/valid wasn't, you're not winning with those odds on the offense.

We did also lose a couple banes that we shouldn't have because the city owner(s) were stupid.

I remember one in particular where the owner a) neglected to build trebs on the warks pre bane b ) neglected to be online at bane live to build trebs in advance bane live and c) did not designate anyone who would be online as IC to build trebs...

SOOOoo. bane went live. and we fought through successive, increasingly larger waves of opponents (while we beat on the damn stone in between sorties). we couldn't hold the stone, once yall hit the ~5 group mark, and that was all she wrote. Was quite frustrating as with trebs up it would have been an easy win.

also, as far as the foreign element, G1 was a much better group than polanie...i dont recall polanie contributing more than half a group to any engagment...whereas G1 consistently put 1.5-2 groups on your side...and they were better.

Edited by dubanka

The dagger pierce exposer was a silly idea, this why at banes we run mostly mino and ranged chars on the side; the mino's spam exposes and the ranged drop them. I understand someof the logic, you needed to do less with more but one exposer couldn't be that effective and it showed. Those rogues did great on D, less so on offense but in the end they were countered hard.

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

The dagger pierce exposer was a silly idea, this why at banes we run mostly mino and ranged chars on the side; the mino's spam exposes and the ranged drop them. I understand someof the logic, you needed to do less with more but one exposer couldn't be that effective and it showed. Those rogues did great on D, less so on offense but in the end they were countered hard.

thats the difference in numbers tho...

we would typically have 2 groups to spec, 1 group of 'but i only haves' almost kinda sorta spec, and then 1/2-2/3 of a group of complete random/scout/wizzy/skirmish.

it's pretty damn frustrating trying to run a bane when you're like, "...ok archer group do xyz..." and 5 people move....and they're like, 'uhh we're whats left of the archer group :P...or when you're in an 'archer group' and it's like 3 xbow thieves, 2 sac saders, 2 priests, an assassin and a cent prelate :P

anyway, yeah i would have been real happy if we could have fielded the textbook 2 groups heavy meat, 2 groups range, 1 skirmish (or even 3:1:1)...it's just a group and and half more than we usually had available.

There's quite a bit of irony in this post.

CF_Van.png

You have deluded yourselves into thinking we had "1.5 to 2" groups of chinese players with us for most banes.

My estimation: we psychologically crushed ya, all in a few weeks work.

You have deluded yourselves into thinking we had "1.5 to 2" groups of chinese players with us for most banes.

My estimation: we psychologically crushed ya, all in a few weeks work.

nope.

we started the war with 4 groups, we ended with about 3.5.  not too bad on the morale crushage...not to mention you continued to lose most of the banes you dropped. /shrug.  if you were as good as you claim to be, we'd have been completely run off the server in that time, but we werent close (kind of like ftp+half the server did to us on saedron). I mean you beat us, but you had a consistent, material, numbers advantage. You should have won and you did. congrats?

I might be a little high... maybe a group to group.5 of g1, usually a few nzsp for giggles..

Man, I totally missed the party going on in here.

Fun times!

I didn't bother to read all of this yet but the creepiest part of the whole war between us was Rambow finding the most random picture of me and posting it on the WM boards.

It was from years ago and not even posted alone anywhere. He had a thing for me I guess.

Edited by phylor

C4sIZDW.gif

The last couple pages have really just been about cb aerynth so not really mb vs emu

Regardless of numbers, drama, Vandarr, etc those were fun fights.

4L1c3MB.jpg

Indeed. I did enjoy tweaking our spec, spire, and player layouts to be optimal against what you guys were bringing. The heavy fury specs did throw a wrench in things for a hot minute but  we sorted that out in the end to. The only thing I do wish we had been able to do was go on the offensive post Holam's city.

We didn't have the people to do it though  :(

C4sIZDW.gif

"Look on my works ye mighty, and despair"

4NwedyE.jpg

This bane was easily the most disappointing of all of the banes because we lost due to not having any control of the bulwarks and for half of the bane we didn't even have control of the spires because there was no one on from the guild. The owner of them never logged in and we got the bane to 100k before you guys ran over us with more than we could handle.

Was frustrating to wipe you guys 3-4 times back to back and still lose because we had no trebs.

C4sIZDW.gif

Zero disagreement there. They were good times. I just have an obsession with proper scouting and after action reports. I can think of worse faults to have. :)

CF_Van.png