Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyjax

Sbemu - How Does It Stack Up Against Magicbane?

We've covered this material before. Your selective memory doesn't change the facts. I do find it humorous that you post a video

that you use as evidence that you had no CN help, yet they get credit in the opening title.

Note that both of your videos were defensive banes on your part. Can you name the town you took without less than a group of CN? I can't.

The video link I posted evinces a city taken with much less than a group of CN. I do not recall the city's name, but it was a desert city defended by CR and Retribution. It was seized by "The New Grand Republic" sub-guild.

The credits were written by peekachew. If he saw fit to give credit to a nation that brought 3 characters or less to the bane, that's his own issue. It doesn't affect my analysis or opinion.

Neither one of those banes were defensive on our part. They were both offensive banes.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

I see at least 3 nations cupping there.

This is another shining example of why one shouldn't offer an opinion on a SB issue for which they possess no direct knowledge. There are truly only two separate nations in there, as the fist crest is my own "Fake GooL Guild" nation. I had to create a separate faux nation because I owned so many trees.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

also, as far as the foreign element, G1 was a much better group than polanie...i dont recall polanie contributing more than half a group to any engagment...whereas G1 consistently put 1.5-2 groups on your side...and they were better.

This statement is absolutely false, and in fact the direct opposite of it is true. Again, refer to the video evidence provided, such as the bane for that desert city. You can clearly see that Retribution fielded 1.5-2 groups, while G1 fielded 2 characters. I don't recall a single bane where Retribution offered a mere half group. Once they started assisting CR, they always brought 1-2 groups. They may have even been able to exceed 2 groups in the banes that went live during European prime-time.

4H4LmCE.gif

nope.

we started the war with 4 groups, we ended with about 3.5.  not too bad on the morale crushage...not to mention you continued to lose most of the banes you dropped. /shrug.  if you were as good as you claim to be, we'd have been completely run off the server in that time, but we werent close (kind of like ftp+half the server did to us on saedron). I mean you beat us, but you had a consistent, material, numbers advantage. You should have won and you did. congrats?

I might be a little high... maybe a group to group.5 of g1, usually a few nzsp for giggles..

The denial is strong with this one.

You were, in fact, mostly crushed. We seized numerous cities from both CR and Retribution. When the server closed, I owned a half dozen cities by my lonesome.

4H4LmCE.gif

The video link I posted evinces a city taken with much less than a group of CN. I do not recall the city's name, but it was a desert city defended by CR and Retribution. It was seized by "The New Grand Republic" sub-guild.

The credits were written by peekachew. If he saw fit to give credit to a nation that brought 3 characters or less to the bane, that's his own issue. It doesn't affect my analysis or opinion.

Neither one of those banes were defensive on our part. They were both offensive banes.

My bad - I thought they must have been your trees as I recognized neither town name, nor the terrain around them. Since I always pre-scouted our defensive banes, it seemed odd.

Further poking around makes it appear like they weren't CR trees - is that correct? These were 4pm EDT banes on Polanie/Retribution/someone else's trees? The town names don't show up in searches on either the CR or OCC forums, excluding one brief thread saying Defiance was asking to be subbed so we could help them.

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

Says the guy who lost a bane to a dead admin tree. :)

That bane didn't involve me at all, actually. I'm pretty sure it was a ranked 1 bane dropped by some fustilarian, probably FatBoy. That loss was also caused by peekachew's asshattery, if my memory serves. I intervened in the subsequent bane. If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

4H4LmCE.gif

My bad - I thought they must have been your trees as I recognized neither town name, nor the terrain around them. Since I always pre-scouted our defensive banes, it seemed odd.

Further poking around makes it appear like they weren't CR trees - is that correct? These were 4pm EDT banes on Polanie/Retribution/someone else's trees? The town names don't show up in searches on either the CR or OCC forums, excluding one brief thread saying Defiance was asking to be subbed so we could help them.

The desert tree was most likely Jozza's. I can't speak about the other video - I missed that one.

4H4LmCE.gif

This is another shining example of why one shouldn't offer an opinion on a SB issue for which they possess no direct knowledge. There are truly only two separate nations in there, as the fist crest is my own "Fake GooL Guild" nation. I had to create a separate faux nation because I owned so many trees.

Oh that is another story entirely.  Only two nations cupping not three.  Glad that is cleared up.

Oh that is another story entirely.  Only two nations cupping not three.  Glad that is cleared up.

Hey, wasn't my call. I just assumed we were following a precedent set by QFT.

4H4LmCE.gif

BUUUUUURN!

I think.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

That bane didn't involve me at all, actually. I'm pretty sure it was a ranked 1 bane dropped by some fustilarian, probably FatBoy. That loss was also caused by peekachew's asshattery, if my memory serves. I intervened in the subsequent bane. If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

Ah, so you were there to take the tree the following week when over 4 groups of CN showed up. Good to know.

CF_Van.png

The desert tree was most likely Jozza's. I can't speak about the other video - I missed that one.

So...

Just to be clear, you speak with absolute certainty about events you did not, in fact, attend in any way?

More importantly, you brag about CR losing trees to you that CR didn't even own - or could manage, man trebs for, etc. That doesn't add up logically. WTH is that? It's certainly not math. It's not even Calimath, as he would only exaggerate numbers in the field. Perhaps you should be known as Managainstmath.

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

So...

Just to be clear, you speak with absolute certainty about events you did not, in fact, attend in any way?

More importantly, you brag about CR losing trees to you that CR didn't even own - or could manage, man trebs for, etc. That doesn't add up logically. WTH is that? It's certainly not math. It's not even Calimath, as he would only exaggerate numbers in the field. Perhaps you should be known as Managainstmath.

What are you talking about? I said that I didn't attend the one bane featured in one video. I also said that because I didn't attend that "I can't speak about the video." This is the direct opposite of allegedly speaking "with absolute certainty about events did not, in fact, attend in any way." You can refer to me as managainstmath when you refer to yourself as managainstreadingcomprehension. Like so many of your other statements, you're reaching in desperation for some sort of refutation to my statements and widely missing the mark.

I can, however, speak with certainty about the bane on the desert city depicted in the other video, and can do the same for any other banes that I attended or helped plan. As I stated before, it was a Retribution city. I dropped the bane and ended up with the city when all was said and done. You can see me dual boxing priests in the video as well. Does this particular video show WM seizing a CR city? No, it does not. Does this particular video show WM and Validation trouncing the combined forces of CR and Retribution [the Polanie/Sinister Sabotage/Camorra & Love zerg nation] with little to no assistance from NZSP in an offensive bane? Yes.

Of course, this doesn't mean that the same happened in every single bane. Evidently, there were many sieges that were not recorded. This is unfortunate, but we can only write with the evidence that still exists. The rest is just us speaking anecdotally from our own respective experiences and personal perspective. On my end, I can only work with the videos that peekachew produced as no one else made any recordings. On your end, you only have the screenshots that you bothered to take from two banes, and apparently you only took these screenshots when NZSP showed up with a group or more of characters.

In both of our respective cases, the evidence is undeniably biased in favor of our respective nations. Peekachew only bothered to make videos for sieges where we prevailed with relatively inferior numbers to the combined forces of CR and Retribution. The lack of additional videos could simply be a result of the fact that peekachew did not attend many other banes, or maybe even reflects the fact that some of the other sieges were more evenly matched or even not favorable to WM. It could be a combination of both. In your case, you only bothered to take screenshots for earlier banes wherein NZSP actually made a contribution. The lack of additional screenshots from additional banes could be a result of you not attending said banes, but I suspect that you attended the bulk of them. It's more likely that the lack of additional screenshots attests to the fact that NZSP made little to no contribution in the later banes, ergo screenshots from these banes would have far less propaganda value on the boards and would only serve to refute your position.

The fact of the matter is that NZSP didn't make an appreciable contribution to the majority of our banes. We can see that NZSP made a contribution to some of the initial banes, and this was probably due to the fact that Validation dropped some of the earlier banes. NZSP was Validation's ally and both of their guilds were in continuous communication, so it makes sense that NZSP made a substantial contribution to some of the earlier offensive banes. Validation's offensive ran out of steam quickly, though; they didn't drop many or any banes later on, and their numerical contribution to the offensive banes progressively dropped as more and more time elapsed. Most of the banes that I attended, though, saw little to no contribution from NZSP. In fact, most of the banes dropped by WM in the latter phase of the war were dropped by yours truly, and I had dropped so many that I recall Protonix accusing me at one point of duping (which was not true). NZSP didn't make much of a showing at any of these banes as I made no effort to coordinate with them beforehand, and many of these banes still saw WM's forces victorious. I vividly recall one bane that I dropped wherein HYDETADE summoned in a "zerg" of two NZSP characters and I scolded him in Ventrilo for doing so.

I personally wish that NZSP was not brought in at all. Their contribution made a difference before WM changed its spec groups to account for your ATR cut spires. Once our groups were reformed, we had little to no trouble dispatching CR in virtually every contest, and NZSP's meager contribution at that point made absolutely no difference. Despite that, even their minimal presence will still be labeled as "help from CN" for your own propaganda purposes and to keep your SB ego intact. I suppose this is what we deserve for aligning with Validation, who had at one point or another cupped with everyone during the short history of their glorious nation. We didn't have much of a choice, though, as the CR nation could double our numbers after they had subbed SD.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

You guys could said...sure go ahead and no show to Holam's city we can reschedule. And then we could have been one big happy family and you could be birthing my little Boyd Crowder babies. But no. You stubborn custards.

X6RBqg7.gif

Ah, so you were there to take the tree the following week when over 4 groups of CN showed up. Good to know.

Uh, no. The admin cities were on Forbidden Island. We did not use CN in any of our offensive banes on Forbidden Island, and we certainly didn't use 4 groups of CN. In fact, we never used 4 groups of NZSP in any of our banes. I don't understand why you insist on lying about these things.

That one bane on Forbidden Island was lost due to the combined efforts of two wonderful people. FatBoy, the first wonderful person, dropped a rank 1 bane just so he could save a few shekels. Peekachew, the other wonderful person, killed our own bash bots because he was being a butt-hurt dweeb at the time. The next bane on that city was dropped by me and did not involve "over 4 groups of CN."

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif