Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyjax

Sbemu - How Does It Stack Up Against Magicbane?

I think I just made it weird.

It would be weird if you said you wanted to be the Raylan to my Boyd. Their short conference at the end of the last episode got a bit sentimental - we're fortunate that it didn't turn into a conjugal.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

Then again, ... are you male or female? If you're male then, yes, that was really weird. Forget my previous post and keep your distance, Liberace.

I also have no knowledge about CR allegedly offering to no show the bane on Holam's city. Your posts are the first where I've heard of such a proposition.

4H4LmCE.gif

Scourge of the Shadowbane community, Public Enemy No. 1 to the SBEMU Forum Moderators, and member of the "Suppressed Person" faction on the Ubiforums. The man responsible for hooking up Ceska and CheckYoTrack. Also a 21-time World Heavyweight Champion of Shadowbane.

Then again, ... are you male or female? If you're male then, yes, that was really weird. Forget my previous post and keep your distance, Liberace.

I also have no knowledge about CR allegedly offering to no show the bane on Holam's city. Your posts are the first where I've heard of such a proposition.

yeah I'm a guy. Yeah it was a little sentimental but I think it fit.

once we found out you guys got chain baned by cn we offered to no show and bane another time. we baned that city in the first place because yall kept crashing our banes.

Edited by cash

X6RBqg7.gif

Ah, I see. Yeah, I don't think WM is the type of guild to accept that sort of proposition. Holam probably would have appreciated it, though.

4H4LmCE.gif

Uh, no. The admin cities were on Forbidden Island. We did not use CN in any of our offensive banes on Forbidden Island, and we certainly didn't use 4 groups of CN. In fact, we never used 4 groups of NZSP in any of our banes. I don't understand why you insist on lying about these things.

That one bane on Forbidden Island was lost due to the combined efforts of two wonderful people. FatBoy, the first wonderful person, dropped a rank 1 bane just so he could save a few shekels. Peekachew, the other wonderful person, killed our own bash bots because he was being a butt-hurt dweeb at the time. The next bane on that city was dropped by me and did not involve "over 4 groups of CN."

Wasn't fatboy banned from the game at that time for duping?

Do you really recall any of this stuff, or are you just shooting your mouth because you enjoy it? We've had this debate before - several times in fact, and each time, I've posted far more information than I'm posting here supporting my statements.

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

Ah, I see. Yeah, I don't think WM is the type of guild to accept that sort of proposition. Holam probably would have appreciated it, though.

You can ask her personally if you'd like. Unfortunately, it looks like a forum purge on the emu forums deleted our old PMs back and forth where the offer was made.

CF_Van.png

Wasn't fatboy banned from the game at that time for duping?

Do you really recall any of this stuff, or are you just shooting your mouth because you enjoy it?

His "FatBoy" account may have been banned, but he continued playing under a different account and alias. I think you can even see him in one of those screenshots. His character name at the time was "Legend."

And yes, I recall all that I purport to recall. Blyster once posted that I have the memory of an elephant, and he was not the only one who has ever said so. The only person shooting their mouth off just because they enjoy it appears to be you, as you are advancing claims that are both completely fabricated and completely fallacious. As I stated before, CN was not used in any of the banes on admin cities on Forbidden Island. They were never necessary in any case - the sieges were mostly just a bash job, and any bane crashers weren't that much of a threat. That is, of course, with the exception of the Rank 1 tardbane dropped by FatBoy.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

*Shrug*

if your memory was any good, you'd recall the last time we had this debate - or perhaps the time before that. We've certainly discussed the offer to reschedule Holam's bane more than once.

I still have the SB recordings from those banes (barring the 4pm EDT fights), the killspam lists showing kills, deaths, and distinct toon names (some of which I have for the 4pm fights), and screenshots/recordings from other guild and nation mates as well. I know my memory is imperfect, so I take the time to fact-check most of my posts - and as I did above, I apologize when I am mistaken.

Unfortunately, due to your refusal to actually continue along a linear line of thought, there's simply no point to me reporting all of this for a third time here, as it will make zero difference in how you perceive yourself or me. All it does is waste my time. I'm more than happy to waste some of it, but the kind of comprehensive post that would cause us to move on to a more fun discussion just isn't worth the time.

On a side note, Fatboy's toon of "Legend" is apparently in the screenshot you posted earlier in this thread. I find it funny that someone who admittedly duped billions of gold is supposedly too cheap to buy a larger banescroll than a R1. I am not doubting your post, just finding the humor in it.

Edited by vandarr

CF_Van.png

just for the Record here...having been on the opposing side from both Vandarr and MaT let me share my own experience...

say what you want about Vandarr, but i've NEVER found him to be purposefully incorrect about anything in-game related...numbers, details...whatever, and it has also been my experience that if he was unintentionally mistaken, he is the first to correct himself

not saying he is infallible and always right or anything like that....just that he has always been an honest broker of info on the Forums, i can think of no exceptions

as for MaT...well, he likes to type and my experience is that he will spend a LOT of words on attempted political spin to serve his interests...you know, normal Forumbane for most folks...

note i say "most"...not all

we now return you to your regular zany hijinks and shenanigans....

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

*Shrug*

if your memory was any good, you'd recall the last time we had this debate - or perhaps the time before that. We've certainly discussed the offer to reschedule Holam's bane more than once.

No, we didn't. It's quite possible that you mentioned this supposed offer to "no show" the bane in the past, but I have never discussed it with you or anyone else prior to this. As I said before, I was never made aware of any such offer by Holam, chet, or anyone else for that matter. I'm not saying that the offer never happened - I don't really care to be honest, it's a non-issue for me.

I still have the SB recordings from those banes (barring the 4pm EDT fights), the killspam lists showing kills, deaths, and distinct toon names (some of which I have for the 4pm fights), and screenshots/recordings from other guild and nation mates as well. I know my memory is imperfect, so I take the time to fact-check most of my posts - and as I did above, I apologize when I am mistaken.

Then I don't understand why you don't share these pieces of evidence if they support your argument. I contended that you were selective with the evidence that you did preserve (call it "cherry-picking") in that you've saved screenshots from banes where NZSP apparently made a sizable contribution. This contention is based on the evidence that you did post and my own firsthand experience of a significant number of banes where G1 was not a factor. In fact, the two videos that I posted demonstrate this. Now, if you do have hard evidence from all of the banes, that's great. I would love to see it. If that evidence refutes some of my positions, I do not have a problem with it. Like you, I'll apologize when I'm genuinely mistaken ... but then again, when did you do that? You were clearly mistaken about the assertion that we used 4 groups of CN against an admin tree. That one, in fact, was a complete fiction, pulled from only god knows where.

Unfortunately, due to your refusal to actually continue along a linear line of thought, there's simply no point to me reporting all of this for a third time here, as it will make zero difference in how you perceive yourself or me. All it does is waste my time. I'm more than happy to waste some of it, but the kind of comprehensive post that would cause us to move on to a more fun discussion just isn't worth the time.

Are you kidding? Honest question, as you're prone to using a bit of sarcasm yourself. I ask because you're effectively claiming that I am refusing to actually continue along a linear line of thought as you yourself refuse to continue along a linear line of thought by making such a statement. I myself find it a bit funny.

On a side note, Fatboy's toon of "Legend" is apparently in the screenshot you posted earlier in this thread. I find it funny that someone who admittedly duped billions of gold is supposedly too cheap to buy a larger banescroll than a R1. I am not doubting your post, just finding the humor in it.

It's 100% true, and it is comically ironic. He lost his billionz, though. If you dealt with him in any sort of in-game transaction, though, you wouldn't be surprised. He attempts to be a complete rip-off when he sells items, and is an utter cheapskate when he attempts to purchase items.

4H4LmCE.gif

just for the Record here...having been on the opposing side from both Vandarr and MaT let me share my own experience...

No one really cares. Once again, you know nothing about the topic at hand. You're a bit delusional if you think that any interested parties (WM, CR, or SBEMU community in general) will lend credence to your false bit of character testimony herein.

This is the third thread where you've hopped on my nuts due to little more than your ressentiment and sour grapes from those Mourning server days where my own guild crushed your band of scrubs with relative ease. Nothing to brag about, though, as OPP was bottom tier. It is nice to have fans, though.

4H4LmCE.gif

No one really cares. Once again, you know nothing about the topic at hand. You're a bit delusional if you think that any interested parties (WM, CR, or SBEMU community in general) will lend credence to your false bit of character testimony herein.

This is the third thread where you've hopped on my nuts due to little more than your ressentiment and sour grapes from those Mourning server days where my own guild crushed your band of scrubs with relative ease. Nothing to brag about, though, as OPP was bottom tier. It is nice to have fans, though.

you are so cute when your panties get twisted...

no sour grapes here sparkles...the Reptilians were worthy of notice, never said anything differently...i just find your versions of history amusing sometimes

and my typing is for my amusement....your so called "interested parties" are not my concern...i don't do either EMU or MB...

no, it's for the Crowfall Community, as well as my own chuckles, that i chime in sometimes...in this case, to share my insignificant thoughts with whomever cares to read them concerning the differences between you and Vandarr on matters of accuracy and spin....you know...politics

it's adorable how you try so hard to put me down and keep saying i'm not important....while you spew your vitriol at QFT or me personally to belittle as much as you can...again politics....yet you crai so hard when anyone steps up to your attempted verbal bullying cuz yer widdle feeling get hurt...

it is true what they say tho...reptilian tears are some of the tastiest...so continue on...i have a hot tub to fill, and each word you type is another drop collected

FIQw0eP.png

and my typing is for my amusement....your so called "interested parties" are not my concern...i don't do either EMU or MB...

That's a very interesting statement, particularly since you very recently opined about both of them. After I offered my own insights based on years of playing in the emulators (well, ~a year and half in MB's case), you responded with a characterization of my commentary as some sort of "recruitment attempt" for "Uncle Bob's private server." As with all of your posts addressed to me, your response was dead wrong. It's also highly unfair to the Magicbane Project to characterize their server in such a way. If you actually played MB, you would be astonished at how well the server runs. MB has run numerous banes with 120-150+ characters on the field with no problems whatsoever. I wish SBEMU could do the same so that they could attract more of the community back as well, but the fact is that they cannot handle banes at that level.

Currently, I play on SBEMU exclusively (with the limited amount of time I have to play). I have played both emulators extensively, and I support both projects as well. I try to offer sound advice to both projects (moreso with SBEMU now, as their admins actually listen). In fact, I very recently did so: http://shadowbaneemulator.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23234

I don't have a dog in the emulator wars. Actually, I wish that the two respective communities could bury the hatchet and create a great emulator experience for all. I've even written about this on here and how a possible compromise could be fashioned. It's unfortunate that any compromise is unlikely to occur.

Anyway, this explanation will likely not achieve anything as you don't bother to consider actual facts. For some irrational reason, you and BSR like to bash Magicbane despite its optimal server performance. You both also like to suggest that any player affiliated with WM is some sort of "salesman" for MB trying to "recruit sheep," and that isn't even true. Sure, I've stated that those who want to enjoy an old-school bane experience on a server that handles well should try MB, but that's just an objective assessment of the matter. I've actually done 10X more work for the SBEMU Project, both in terms of beta testing and recruitment/outreach to old SB players. My statements about SBEMU were the same sort of objective assessment provided regarding MB, and I do suggest that people check out the emulator for the new ruleset regardless of its stability issues. If you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't advance the assertions that you do.

no, it's for the Crowfall Community, as well as my own chuckles, that i chime in sometimes...in this case, to share my insignificant thoughts with whomever cares to read them concerning the differences between you and Vandarr on matters of accuracy and spin....you know...politics

it's adorable how you try so hard to put me down and keep saying i'm not important....while you spew your vitriol at QFT or me personally to belittle as much as you can...again politics....yet you crai so hard when anyone steps up to your attempted verbal bullying cuz yer widdle feeling get hurt...

Who am I verbally bullying? We were discussing political occurrences on a server iteration of the Shadowbane Emulator. Vandarr is more than capable of handling himself in a discussion with me, and I strongly doubt that he feels bullied.

That second paragraph is a bit funny to read after your previous claims that I engage in projection. I didn't say that you weren't important - suggesting a lack of importance is actually one of your typical tag-lines thrown my way. I stated that no one cares for your opinion that once again concerns a series of occurrences about which you possess no direct firsthand knowledge. Sure, you can say that Vandarr is credible and that I am incredible, but such an insight herein offers nothing valuable to the discussion at hand. For all you know, Vandarr could be completely wrong about any number of statements (and I can assure you that there's at least one that had no basis in reality). Nonetheless, your purpose here is to make an attempt to impeach my credibility with no evidence whatsoever.

Once again, I would love to see you provide an example of one single instance where I have fabricated an assertion that was not based on facts or evidence. Since you repeatedly claim that I engage in spin, surely you can find one example.

4H4LmCE.gif

1) glad to hear you like both projects...my very limited experience on MB indicated to me that it ran more smoothly than the EMU did when i tried it, but i only did sieges on EMU not on MB....my "recruitment" bit was an observation that you appear to indicate the same thing...that MB is running better, my overall impression is that you have repeatedly opined that MB was the better of the two overall....i never argued with that now did i?

in fact, there have been times when asked that i advise folks try out both...if they have not played SB at all before i try and explain the differences and make no attempt to hide my contempt for the "Fishbane" changes the EMU has made and said quite clearly that from what i can tell, and have heard from reliable sources...MB is much closer to what SB was when the doors were closed...again, i defy you to quote me saying differently, a lot of what you appear to be accusing me of just ain't there when you actually read my insane keyboard peckings...

2) i'm not talking about you and Vandarr, he is moar than capable of doing his thing...and normally i'd just /popcorn any debate between the two of you

the "not important" bit...i do the whole History thing when it comes to conversations...as do most of the SB folks, including you at times....if a day earlier in another Thread has us talking and you say "not important" it gets mentioned if applicable in a following conversation...you have used both "not important" and "insignificant" as well as other descriptors when typing about myself and OPP...

as for the "value" to the discussion at hand...your opinion here...i think it's the ONLY value, others may think differently...i put it out there for the discussion, the value you personally place on it is up to you...but here's a fine example of attempted bully style tactics...a pretty smooth attempt i grant you, but a bit blatant, imo

as for impeaching credibility....that is indeed the crux of the matter at hand, is it not?

my View, and why i got into it at all with you was not because i missed the pure volumes of text you always offer up...oh no, not at all...it was because you once again had to hop right up on your tried and true soapbox, and i Answered back...the Record is there for any who care to read it for whatever reason...and i'm fine with that

what i am not as *fine* with is what appears to be an attempt at getting me to not defend myself or my Guild...silly of me, i know

i mean really...why don't i just let you go ahead and spout off uncontested? let's not forget how you got my Attention here...you popped in to visit the Cf forums and made sure you let everyone know about the whole "QFT is evil" spiel from soup (real incidents such as, but not limited to things like yes, there was duping on Mourning and some in QFT did it), to nuts (various unfounded allegation, some founded allegation that have never been proven while some have been admitted to) to everything in between...like the 3 TaN mino that was indeed created, never played and reported to SBG but you allege that same Trick was actually used in Game (to which i said the Player was gone from QFT when i got there)...and on and on...

you then did indeed get a direct and pretty comprehensive response from BSR who DOES know all about pretty much everything concerned in the matter, and clearly admitted what was done and not done...and that should have been that...but not for you, so you continued...the obvious tactic was to continue along the same vein as much as possible to achieve the strategic goal of discrediting and casting doubt on QFT as much as possible, apparently because the 4 of us around here so far has you concerned enough to hit the bat-signal, slide down the brass pole and change into your green shorts

now, BSR is a real gentleman and is not the type to wrestle a greased piglet down in the mud just because some got flung on him...me?

i'm no gentleman

you can't *shame* me into shutting up no matter the tactic you attempt, i get the politics of it...hence my Response...

you are absolutely correct in your statement that i "wasn't there" and that you could be 100% correct and Vandarr 100% wrong about numbers and the like...but the exact opposite could be true as well...and as is typical in ForumBane, there's no way to ever know for certain is there?

so...as usual for ForumBane it comes down to credibility and the reputations of those involved....and there's the rub.... i NEVER claimed to *know* the Answer here, i just gave my own, personal, Opinion on the Credibility of those involved....and for all that i am *insignificant* to you, you seem to be a bit upset that i gave my Opinion on the bit that i can speak about authoritatively .....my Opinion

and now we seem to be getting closer to the crux of it all...

and in the end you try and palm a rhetorical ace...i have not ever to my knowledge claimed you "fabricated an assertion"....fabricated, yes...made assertions...yes, but "fabricated an assertion" reads like me accusing you of being a liar....and such is not correct, never have i said such a thing

spinning? yep...i have said you are quite adroit at that...i find it hilarious that you deny attempting political spin in the face of your own sig, it's picture and quote

but you keep asserting that i have ever called you a liar, no sir..i have not...spinning is not lying, a very crucial distinction...in fact much (but not all) of the talent you have at ForumBane is how closely you can skirt that very line of distinction

so you have your own Example right in front of you...you took my use of the word "fabricated" and "assertion" then *spun* them together to accuse me of calling you a liar...which i most certainly have not done....

i've said that you ForumBane and play politics....i'll also clearly say that one of your strategic goals appears to be to do as much as you can to damage/discredit QFT...and being a member, me as well...the last being only a smaller part of the first overall goal

funny how you continuously state things like "no one cares for your opinion" yet you have typed quite a few words in the attempt to discredit my opinions when i offer them here on a Forum whose purpose, in part, is for folks to share and talk about their Opinions...

enjoy yer day

FIQw0eP.png

one thing that sucked about the emu...which is the background behind this last bit of history, is that it really did lack the politik of the live servers.

on live you could tell tales, truths, or spin versions of the two together and the result could be very material.  On Emu the politician is either one side of the other and it's everyone just talking to themselves.

for instance, re: the holam tree.

Fact: as stated, wm had been crashing cr's banes and literally 'begging' to be baned...They had crashed 2? Crashing someone elses party is always grounds for a party at your house.

Impact: none. story was CR zergs poor holam tree news at 11.

Fact: Thor dropped the rock on Holam's tree before any of the cn banes were dropped.

Impact: None. story: CR Zergs poor holam tree after wm gets chain baned. 

Fact: Despite having every reason to bane WM, CR offers to pull off, if WM refunds the cost of the stone...cr understanding that being chain baned is pretty poorly made socksty.

Impact: Zero. WM shoes with 2 groups against 3.5, gets crushed, cries zerg.

Fact: The largest cr pop was when it had multiple wm subs tagged to it...thus creating the infamous 56 bros.

Impact: Somehow even after wm's 2ish groups unsubbed...immediately after that bane...cr still had 56 bros and gave excuse for valitard and wm to zerg it up to take down cr.

Despite the facts being what they were, the story got spun by whoever shouted the loudest (at themselves)...and basically just served as an excuse to hold hands during the subsequent baning. Basically, everyone listening was already an engaged party on one side or the other.

I'm looking forward too hearing political crap that isn't directly affecting everyone in the reading audience...it's definitely more entertaining when there is a population to influence.

And so we see Mr. Gonzo type a whole lot of text without saying anything meaningful at all. There are only two points of contention worth responding to:

i mean really...why don't i just let you go ahead and spout off uncontested? let's not forget how you got my Attention here...you popped in to visit the Cf forums and made sure you let everyone know about the whole "QFT is evil" spiel from soup (real incidents such as, but not limited to things like yes, there was duping on Mourning and some in QFT did it), to nuts (various unfounded allegation, some founded allegation that have never been proven while some have been admitted to) to everything in between...like the 3 TaN mino that was indeed created, never played and reported to SBG but you allege that same Trick was actually used in Game (to which i said the Player was gone from QFT when i got there)...and on and on...

Everything that I wrote about QFT was both "real" and true. You keep repeating that this triple TaN minotaur was reported to SBG by QFT, yet you still have not provided any evidence that this occurred. As I said before, the evidence available indicates that QFT didn't report anything about that character to SBG. Maybe if you repeat a lie over and over again, people may start to believe that it's a fact.

Here, in fact, 'is the rub.' Your commentary about the manner in which QFT used their stacked creation rune characters has absolutely no value, as you admittedly were not even in QFT when these characters were created and used. Not only do you know nothing about what BraveSirRobin and I were discussing, but you didn't know what you were talking about yourself.

As for the discussion between Vandarr and myself, once again you attempted to interject into a conversation regarding a topic you knew absolutely nothing about. Not only do you know diddly squat about what went on during the SBEMU Beta Aerynth phase, but you also know diddly squat about my own historical posting style, which is clearly evinced by the content of your comments. I am not one to engage in political spin, either now or then; on the contrary, I stick to stating the facts and drawing conclusions from those facts. Those players who do not like the facts that I discuss (indeed, such players would rather have said facts disappear from the collective memory of the community) attempt to suggest that I engage in 'spin' when nothing could be further from the truth.

Poor QFT. I'm sorry that you guys got caught and hate being reminded of such. You can throw as many barbs and baseless accusations against me as you'd like, but I'm not the one who sullied your reputation - you guys did a bang-up job on your own.

Edit: I've said all that I've wanted to say, twice or thrice over. Feel free to post the last WoT if you so wish.

Edited by managainsttime

4H4LmCE.gif

Poor QFT. I'm sorry that you guys got caught and hate being reminded of such. You can throw as many barbs and baseless accusations against me as you'd like, but I'm not the one who sullied your reputation - you guys did a bang-up job on your own.

You work really hard for sheet that's mostly in your imagination, deep in the past and even deeper down anyone's give a fark list.

Despite the facts being what they were, the story got spun by whoever shouted the loudest (at themselves)...and basically just served as an excuse to hold hands during the subsequent baning. Basically, everyone listening was already an engaged party on one side or the other.

Never let facts get in the way of the truth!